Xbox 360 Hard Drive Data Transfer Cable shipping out today, June 16th

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just noticed Gamestop has the transfer cable up on their site right now for preorder, shipping out today for $20. Perfect for you peeps looking to upgrade to the 'slim' 360 this week. Best if you have any of those $10 off coupons, total price comes to $13.93 after tax and shipping (SAVER doesn't work with just the one cable by itself).

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/productDetails.aspx?sku=800353

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought one and am almost done transferring everything. I want to return it because seriously, when am I ever going to need it again? How can a company make a product like this and expect us to keep it?

[quote name='vwbeetlvr']I bought one and am almost done transferring everything. I want to return it because seriously, when am I ever going to need it again? How can a company make a product like this and expect us to keep it?[/QUOTE]

When you fill up your 250GB hard drive with stuff and MS sells a 500gb standalone HD for the 360. =D

I ended up ordering the transfer kit and $10 gift card (to qualify for free s/h), used a $10 dollar off coupon plus saver coupon to get both for $21.16 shipped. Figured I'd get my use out of it, pass it around to any friends that need it then put it on ebay (Or trade it in) to recoup some of the cost.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Used to be a form to fill out on MS site and fax to them to obtain one of these for free. Guess that's no longer the case. For those who wants to transfer on the cheap with USB sticks and thinking you can copy everything over, be aware that some game saves can not be copied as they are locked. A couple examples come to mind are Dead or Alive 4, Forza 2, and handful of others. The ONLY way to transfer those from one hard drive to another is via transfer cable.[/QUOTE]They are only locked to copy, at least in the case of Forza 2. You can move it to and from a USB drive, you just can't make a copy (creating a duplicate). So you can still transfer it to a new box.

If you have a new 360, there's really no reason to get the cable, just get a good sized usb drive and do the thing.

because it's official?

there are already pc usb drives that cost the same as the "official" xbox ones, that's just how it is.

bread's done
Back