Xbox 360 Hard Drive Freebies - Predicament

Bretts31344

CAGiversary!
Feedback
47 (100%)
I bought a used hard drive on Ebay for Xbox 360. It was from some dealer who sold many used ones. There were at least 50 more on ebay from this dealer. Anyway, I boot it up to find it wasn't formated and there are two Xbox Live profiles. One is still subscribed to Live until next November. Each one also has 800 MS points. I had no intention to "steal" anything off the drive, but was just wondering what each account contained. I checked to see when each profile had logged in. One was over 100 days and the other over 300 days. Now before I format the drives, I was wondering what I should do. Obviously if the accounts had been transfered to a new drive, I could not have accessed Xbox Live. But before I delete abandoned accounts, I thought I shouldn't waste though MS points. I definitely don't want to steal anything from anybody.

You bought the drive and everything on the drive. Case closed.

Also if you need to find it in the lawbooks Lionel Hutz recommends the case of Finders v. Keepers.

With a HDD, can't you see what else they have purchased, and then redownload it?

So, couldn't you save the profiles to a memory card, format the drive, and put them back on the drive? Then, wouldn't that allow to redownload all their content?

These are just all guesses from me. I have no clue whether or not any of this is possible.

But I would say that since they probably sold the drive, and you bought the drive, it's all yours now.

Thanks for the input. I noticed that one of the account bought Castlevania. That would be useful, except I already bought it too, lol.

[quote name='Rig']With a HDD, can't you see what else they have purchased, and then redownload it?

So, couldn't you save the profiles to a memory card, format the drive, and put them back on the drive? Then, wouldn't that allow to redownload all their content?

These are just all guesses from me. I have no clue whether or not any of this is possible.

But I would say that since they probably sold the drive, and you bought the drive, it's all yours now.[/quote]

I would definitely do that, except I don't have a memory card. I am going to see if any of my friends have one since using it one time isn't worth the price.

[quote name='Bretts31344']I would definitely do that, except I don't have a memory card. I am going to see if any of my friends have one since using it one time isn't worth the price.[/quote]

Remember that I was only guessing/assuming you could do those things. I wouldn't actually know. It'd need to be confirmed/deconfirmed by somebody else.

[quote name='Bretts31344']I bought a used hard drive on Ebay for Xbox 360. It was from some dealer who sold many used ones. There were at least 50 more on ebay from this dealer. Anyway, I boot it up to find it wasn't formated and there are two Xbox Live profiles. One is still subscribed to Live until next November. Each one also has 800 MS points. I had no intention to "steal" anything off the drive, but was just wondering what each account contained. I checked to see when each profile had logged in. One was over 100 days and the other over 300 days. Now before I format the drives, I was wondering what I should do. Obviously if the accounts had been transfered to a new drive, I could not have accessed Xbox Live. But before I delete abandoned accounts, I thought I shouldn't waste though MS points. I definitely don't want to steal anything from anybody.[/QUOTE]
Just format the drive and forget about it. You'll feel better in the long run.

Wow. It is one thing to leave accounts, MS points, etc. This person left their credit card info linked to the profile. If I were some criminal, I could be enjoying limitless downloads from the marketplace right now. Time to format the drive I guess...

bread's done
Back