Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable- $5.99 Shipped @ Buy.com

Its not the official one from Microsoft. You can get them on ebay (Official Microsoft) for about $4.50 total (thats with shipping)

very god deal considering it took me about 3 months to get mine from xbox customer support back when i got my mw 2 console

From what I understand these are meant to connect the HDD to the computer. Not to another 360. I am unsure if that doesn't matter since I have never used a transfer cable for my 360 in general.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']From what I understand these are meant to connect the HDD to the computer. Not to another 360. I am unsure if that doesn't matter since I have never used a transfer cable for my 360 in general.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if this is the official one from MS, but the one pictured on the site looks like it connects the HDD to the USB port on the newer 360s. Good deal, since the transfer cable is likely a one-time use purchase (unless you have multiple HDDs).

[quote name='WankerJist']Not sure if this is the official one from MS, but the one pictured on the site looks like it connects the HDD to the USB port on the newer 360s. Good deal, since the transfer cable is likely a one-time use purchase (unless you have multiple HDDs).[/QUOTE]

Yes I understand that. The thing is the description of the product clearly states it is meant to connect the HDD to a PC not another 360. It may still work as a transfer cable for other 360s, but I am unsure about it. Just something to keep in mind is all. It says it is made by dmax, here is the description:

This Xbox 360 hard drive transfer cable allows you to connect your Xbox 360 hard drive to a PC/laptop. Easy to use, just connect the cable to the docking port of the Xbox 360 hard drive and then connect to any USB enabled PC. Download & Run the Xplorer360 software tool and you will be able to access and edit the files on the Xbox 360 hard drive. Includes CD for Xplorer360 software Tool.

This is a third party cable. It may work to copy between 360 hard drive and PC, but its not going to work to transfer stuff from an old 360 hard drive to a new 360 S hard drive.

they are junk, don't get one, i went cheap first and it was a hassle so i ended up just getting the official microsoft transfer cable anyways

As others have said, though it looks just like it, it's not the official MS transfer cable. Thus, it can't be used to actually transfer data to your old drive to the HDD in the your new system. Go with the official cable if you need it.

Not only is a knock off and doesn't work for tranferring your data directly, but one post on that site says the disc it came with had a virus on it that their virus protection software detected. I'd say stay away.

bread's done
Back