Xbox 360 HD DVD Player - $17

I can confirm that Conns is a major retailer for electronics so this isn't some rip-off scam site.

[quote name='SynGamer']I REALLY want this...but i know i'll get a PS3 later this year/early next year so i just can't do it :([/QUOTE]
I feel the same way too. Even with all the HD DVD deals, I don't think I should own both formats.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I feel the same way too. Even with all the HD DVD deals, I don't think I should own both formats.[/quote]
I mean, HD-DVDs are selling for $4 at some places, but i've heard that the add-on isn't all that sound when it comes to build quality and i really don't want to drop say $100 on this only to have it be useless a year later.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']My 360 HD DVD player, King Kong and Matrix Trilogy HD DVDs are just collecting dust.

I have a PS3 and a bunch of Blu-rays now.[/quote]
How much would you want for your HD-DVD player and HD-DVDs? :D

*EDIT: Ugh...i'm gonna do it. Worse case, i find a HD-DVD/Blu-ray player in the future. If anyone cares to unload their HD-DVD player via trade/PayPal i'm willing to help someone out :D

i recommend the HD DVD for Xbox, the remote cost about 20 dlls, plus it has a movie... and the best... it is a Free DVD HD Upconverter for HDTVs

Seriously, just look at the HDDVD catalog somewhere, and see if it fits you. They are going to be dirt cheap and just as good as bluray.

[quote name='SGT Killjoy']Seriously, just look at the HDDVD catalog somewhere, and see if it fits you. They are going to be dirt cheap and just as good as bluray.[/quote]
My concern is more of how long will the HD-DVD player last me...

[quote name='killer9']no hdmi so you cant get 1080p 1080i only meh pass[/QUOTE]

not unless you have an hdmi 360.(djbooba beat me to the punch there apparently :) )

SunGamer:Thats why you buy 3. ive bought two, one for $50 at best buy, and one at kmart for $37. I have a healthy collection. I feel like i should last til im either dead/don't care anymore.

[quote name='killer9']no hdmi so you cant get 1080p 1080i only meh pass[/QUOTE]

i have a non-hdmi 360 and get 1080p out of my hd-dvd's with a VGA cable...looks great

[quote name='fivecardstud']i have a non-hdmi 360 and get 1080p out of my hd-dvd's with a VGA cable...looks great[/QUOTE]

true that will work, you just need a certain TV. heck, hddvd looked great on my pc monitor.

Well, i bought two and used free shipping. Anyone care to point me to HD-DVD movie sales that are online...since i have absolutely nothing around me?

well, they may not come with 5 free HDDVD movies (maybe NONE of your choosing) but at $17, they're damn close.

in for 2!!! let's just hope this order goes through!

[quote name='SynGamer']Where is the form for the 5 free HD-DVD movies?[/QUOTE]

long ago expired

[quote name='SynGamer']Well, i bought two and used free shipping. Anyone care to point me to HD-DVD movie sales that are online...since i have absolutely nothing around me?[/QUOTE]

www.inetvideo.com

In the event that my order is canceled...if anyone bought 2, i would greatly appreciate one. Fingers crossed that my order goes through though.

DEAD. Checked SD and it looks like some asshole bought 100 of these (somehow)...my order number starts 61xx, i'm sure we'll start seeing cancellation e-mails now that it is OOS.

[quote name='SynGamer']DEAD. Checked SD and it looks like some asshole bought 100 of these (somehow)...my order number starts 61xx, i'm sure we'll start seeing cancellation e-mails now that it is OOS.[/quote]
God dammnit I was just gonna jump on this too. Seriously, I hope karma catches up with the assholes that do this type of stuff.

[quote name='killer9']no hdmi so you cant get 1080p 1080i only meh pass[/quote]

Actually, you can still do 1080p; both over VGA and component. Let's not forget that there are millions of 360's with HDMI as well.

[quote name='TDAGARIM']God dammnit I was just gonna jump on this too. Seriously, I hope karma catches up with the assholes that do this type of stuff.[/quote]

I don't think the hoarders killed this deal. Even people who got in early (late last night) have gotten cancellations. I haven't gotten a notice, but I just checked my status again, and they have now switched my status to cancelled (I ordered 2 at 5:47 AM Central time).

Edit: Just got the cancellation email.

[quote name='killer9']no hdmi so you cant get 1080p 1080i only meh pass[/quote]

i get 1080p through my component cables on my sammy...

[quote name='von551']i get 1080p through my component cables on my sammy...[/QUOTE]

But the 360 will only go up to 1080i through component... but if you have a good scaling tv for 1080p... probably wouldnt notice the difference

HD-dvds (1080i off of my A2) and BR's (1080p off the ps3) show no visible differences on my 61" JVC... they both look awesome

[quote name='SGT Killjoy']its a set rule that 1080p can't go through component.[/quote]

Lies and slander. Depends on the TV if it will accept a component signal over 1080p or not, and MOST TVs do not, but some will.

[quote name='SGT Killjoy']its a set rule that 1080p can't go through component.[/QUOTE]

SD-DVDs cannot be played at higher than 480p over component.
Games, digital movies, and HD-DVDs can be seen at 1080p over component.

[quote name='uncbaseballfreak']SD-DVDs cannot be played at higher than 480p over component.
Games, digital movies, and HD-DVDs can be seen at 1080p over component.[/QUOTE]

This is the truth. If you have a VGA or HDMI for the 360, it'll upconvert DVDs to 1080p. Technically, component cables can do the same, but don't because of copyright laws.

bread's done
Back