Xbox 360 HD-DVD Player now $179 with 5 free HD-DVDs

Pretty cool, I wonder how many of you HDTV nuts will jump on this deal.

BTW, if you are on the fence about Heroes, please do your self a favor and watch the season, it was the best thing on TV this year.

I was hoping that this was included in the rumored Aug. 8 price drops. I was expecting a drop to $149, but $179 with the 5 free movies is a better. Remember, you're getting a HD-DVD Player with MC remote and 6 movies for $179. WOW, Great Deal!!!

[quote name='drone8888']BAH fiddlesticks!!!! I paid retail with only Kong.[/quote]

That sucks but I guess it was good to wait. Always seems to be.

Good thing I kept my original box. I'll buy a new one, make a copy of the reciept, return it and then send in my original UPC and the copy of the reciept.

[quote name='nazrad']Good thing I kept my original box. I'll buy a new one, make a copy of the reciept, return it and then send in my original UPC and the copy of the reciept.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing! Buy the new one, copy the reciept, return the new player, send in copy of reciept with UPC from original player that I bought in April. Hopefully it works......

Damn... I literally just bought this player two days ago. I guess I'll be going back to Best Buy on August 1st to "return" it to say I puchased it on August 1st so I can get my free movies, and get my $20 back. I had $35 in reward zone cards, so I jumped on it. $145 for an HD DVD player is looking really hot in my eyes! :)

Ooh with 300 coming out next week, this ought to be good. I know my cousin's been wanting to buy that on HD.

Now I'll just tell him to wait another week and pick up the DVD player plus bonus DVDs and use the Circuit City $40 off $200 coupon like someone mentioned.

Good stuff. Thanks!

[quote name='Cleaner7']Ooh with 300 coming out next week, this ought to be good. I know my cousin's been wanting to buy that on HD.

Now I'll just tell him to wait another week and pick up the DVD player plus bonus DVDs and use the Circuit City $40 off $200 coupon like someone mentioned.

Good stuff. Thanks![/QUOTE]

i thought that coupon expired july 31st? am i mistaken?

I wonder if you can fit this in at Circuit City with the $40 off $200 coupon before the months out. Now we are talking deal.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Coupon expires before price cut takes place.

BTW, the drive also works on your computer, too.[/QUOTE]

Technically, if the price drops, you could get the money back....not sure how that works with a coupon though.

[quote name='doubledown']Technically, if the price drops, you could get the money back....not sure how that works with a coupon though.[/QUOTE]

I believe they won't do anything. They'll say you couldn't use the coupon when the price drop occured, and to have a nice day.

ok, so the toshiba form someone linked earlier, it includes 360 hd-dvd player?

also, lemme get this straight, i buy the player in the stroe, for $170 then get home, print the form, send it in, and get my 5 free hd-dvds?

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I believe they won't do anything. They'll say you couldn't use the coupon when the price drop occured, and to have a nice day.[/quote]

Do what I'm going to do. Go to Best Buy or your choice of supplier, show them the receipt and point out that Microsoft now offers 5 free HD DVD's with the purchase from Aug. 1st until Sept. 31. You need them to "return" it and "repurchase" it so the receipt qualifies for the period. I bought my player two days ago, so I am definitely going to do this. If they need me to bring in my player to "return" it, whatever. They shouldn't though... you should be able to "repurhchase" the player no problems.

[quote name='NAiLs00']Do what I'm going to do. Go to Best Buy or your choice of supplier, show them the receipt and point out that Microsoft now offers 5 free HD DVD's with the purchase from Aug. 1st until Sept. 31. You need them to "return" it and "repurchase" it so the receipt qualifies for the period. I bought my player two days ago, so I am definitely going to do this. If they need me to bring in my player to "return" it, whatever. They shouldn't though... you should be able to "repurhchase" the player no problems.[/QUOTE]

You're missing the fact we were talking about the CC coupon that expired the day before the deal was to occur.

But now there's a new coupon, so no worries.

[quote name='jeremiahpreston']I was thinking the same thing! Buy the new one, copy the reciept, return the new player, send in copy of reciept with UPC from original player that I bought in April. Hopefully it works......[/quote]

How come posts like this are allowed at CAG, yet whenever I post something about wal-mart and their "returns for credit", my posts get censored? :roll:

[quote name='CounterSeal']The only way I'd ever get into HD DVD is if the player was $0.00. But even then, I wouldn't buy HD DVD movies anyway.[/quote] Then why even get it for free if you aren't going to use it? :D

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Just like the 5 Free Blu-Rays offer, It's a crappy selection of movies.[/QUOTE]

True...but the 5 free for HD DVD came months before Blu-Ray started it.
5 free movies is, well, 5 free movies.

at least the Blu Ray list had 2 I was interested in. This has zero.

Oh well. $180 was still probably too much to get me to bite anyway.

I am passing. Not for nothing but it looks like Blu-Ray is going to be the winner. With Target, Blockbuster, Woolworths (Although, I don't think there's anymore of them in Central NJ) and a few others going the way of Blu-Ray.

If Walmart, CC and BB decide to go Blu-Ray, HD-DVD is dead.

[quote name='Import']I am passing. Not for nothing but it looks like Blu-Ray is going to be the winner. With Target, Blockbuster, Woolworths (Although, I don't think there's anymore of them in Central NJ) and a few others going the way of Blu-Ray.

If Walmart, CC and BB decide to go Blu-Ray, HD-DVD is dead.[/QUOTE]

It's more like Blockbuster is going Blu-ray exclusive in 30% of their B&M stores, with 65% of the stores with no HD at all and online still having both. And Target is just selling a standalone Blu-ray player and having an endcap. They'll still sell HD DVDs and the xbox 360 add-on.

Those aren't exactly as big as some people make it out to be.

If anybody wants 4 of my 5 free movies (I'm keeping Casablanca) from the HD-A2 deal, PM me. I need money for the Kubrick movies that are coming.

I haven't sent it off yet so I can get whatever movies you want and I'll mail them out as soon as I get them.

Pick one from each category.

A:
Apollo 13, Seabiscuit, The Chronicles Of Riddick

C:
Four Brothers, Tomb Raider, Sky Captain & The World Of Tomorrow

D:
The Rundown, Blazing Saddles, U2: Rattle And Hum

E:
U-571, The Perfect Storm, We Were Soldiers

[quote name='Import']I am passing. Not for nothing but it looks like Blu-Ray is going to be the winner. With Target, Blockbuster, Woolworths (Although, I don't think there's anymore of them in Central NJ) and a few others going the way of Blu-Ray.

If Walmart, CC and BB decide to go Blu-Ray, HD-DVD is dead.[/QUOTE]

Target is just having an endcap with a Blu-Ray player on it. Nothing more, nothing huge. :roll:

If anybody wants 4 of my 5 free movies (I'm keeping Casablanca) from the HD-A2 deal, PM me. I need money for the Kubrick movies that are coming.

I haven't sent it off yet so I can get whatever movies you want and I'll mail them out as soon as I get them.

Pick one from each category.

A:
Apollo 13, Seabiscuit, The Chronicles Of Riddick

C:
Four Brothers, Tomb Raider, Sky Captain & The World Of Tomorrow

D:
The Rundown, Blazing Saddles, U2: Rattle And Hum

E:
U-571, The Perfect Storm, We Were Soldiers

- edit

[quote name='GizmoGC']Target is just having an endcap with a Blu-Ray player on it. Nothing more, nothing huge. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Come on, let's use their logic.

Sam's Club has a HD-DVD set-up but no Blu-Ray set-up, Sam's is owned by Wal-Mart therefore Wal-Mart must like HD-DVDs

WAL-MART IS GOING HD-DVD EXCLUSIVE! WAR OVER!!!!!!

:lol:

The fact that people think this "war" is going to be over any time soon is laughable. We'll most likely have combo players as a standard instead of either company bowing out.

with the $20 off any 2 360 accessories at cc this week, would one be able to pick up the 360 hd dvd player for $179 and get a free 1600 point card?

I never saw what was "so good" about the HD-DVD player. Seems over-priced. but i don't really know what im talking about. so call me and idiot if you like.

I don't get it , why do people still buying HD-DVD. Come on people. Ble-Ray is the winning format. Don't waste your money on HD-DVD. With the recent news , Target and BJ will only sell Blu-Ray disk and player... , oh well your money buy whatever you want ^__^;

[quote name='nonggame']I don't get it , why do people still buying HD-DVD. Come on people. Ble-Ray is the winning format. ^__^;[/quote]

I really wouldn't say either are a winning format...sales wise, they both suck ass, it is just that blue ray is slightly better then HD DVD...considering how every ps3 comes with a blue ray player, the attach rate on blue ray disc is a lot worse then the hd dvd attach rate..

[quote name='nonggame']I don't get it , why do people still buying HD-DVD. Come on people. Ble-Ray is the winning format. Don't waste your money on HD-DVD. With the recent news , Target and BJ will only sell Blu-Ray disk and player... , oh well your money buy whatever you want ^__^;[/QUOTE]

You're a really crappy troll ^__^

bread's done
Back