Xbox 360 HD-DVD Player w/Heroes S1, BSG S1, King Kong - $49.99 (01/21/09 only?)

TDAGARIM

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
For anyone looking for a HD-DVD add on for the Xbox 360, Fry's is selling one along with season 1 of Heroes, season 1 of Battlestar Galactica, and of course the player comes pre-packaged with King Kong for $49.99. Not a bad deal, especially if there's a Fry's in your area and you can do an in-store pick up.

http://shop4.frys.com/product/5804653?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Towards the bottom, it says "[FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]Limit 1 per Household.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial](when purchased between 01/22/2009 and 01/22/2009)[/FONT]" so the deal may be good for today only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice deal but its $63.81 after tax and shipping for me. Won't let me choose store pick. I already have a stand alone and after ordering HD-DVD's from Amazon, I need to let the wallet relax. :)

I think I'm going to order one. I can get the player plus the movies that come with it, Serenity, The Italian Job, and Transformers for about $78 shipped. Thanks OP!

Amazing, finally bought one for $57 shipped. I almost bought a used one for $38 a couple days ago...glad I waited. My TV only has one HDMI connection, and I always have my 360 hooked up to it -- this is the best solution for an upconverting DVD player for me (that won't wear my 360 drive out).

They must not be allowing in store pickup on this sale or something because I am absolutely 100% positive my Fry's Electronics has everything in this bundle yet when I select in-store pickup on the web site it states "some items unavailable" at the store. And that is absolutely false.

[quote name='mva5580']They must not be allowing in store pickup on this sale or something because I am absolutely 100% positive my Fry's Electronics has everything in this bundle yet when I select in-store pickup on the web site it states "some items unavailable" at the store. And that is absolutely false.[/quote]

That's what I was thinking too. I tried last night doing in-store pick up and got the "some items unavailable". I was at the store the day before and saw all three. I wonder if they will let you get the deal in store as they typically don't match the online prices

Just called my local Fry's and they said they would have the bundle available in store starting tomorrow.
Incidently I tried the local pickup too and it said the same thing "some not available". But when I did an individual search, they were all available. Either way, I'll just go pick it up tomorrow.

[quote name='Docsamson']Just called my local Fry's and they said they would have the bundle available in store starting tomorrow.
Incidently I tried the local pickup too and it said the same thing "some not available". But when I did an individual search, they were all available. Either way, I'll just go pick it up tomorrow.[/quote]

That would be great if they did. I'll check tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed. HD DVD's are finally coming around to the prices I was looking for and I would like to have a backup player. Especially the combo discs which are cheaper than the dvd counterparts.

Confirmed in store in Fishers, IN. They had a ton of em too. If you just wanted the drive by itself with King Kong, it was 39.99. My box also had a sticker on it that said "only for resale in Canada". Must be where they got their stash from!

bread's done
Back