XBox 360 HD Help (older model with HD on the outside)

TurboPascal

CAGiversary!
Hello fellow CAG's,

I have an older Call of Duty Edition Xbox 360.  It is the model with 320gb HD on the outside.

I also have two little boys.  The free XBL Gold games have quickly filled up 4 - 32gb USB drives. 

I know that MS earlier this year released a new 500gb HD for the Xbox 360 slims (the ones with the cubby hole for the HD). 

My question is this, has anyone successfully cracked opened one of the new 500gb HD and then cracked opened the drive slot the side and exchanged drives, and also successfully transferred the content to new drive?

I was hoping someone can point me to directions and/or videos that may help.

I am trying to avoid purchasing anymore USB drives and playing swap the games with the USB drives.

Thanks in advance.

I've not done it witht he 500gb drive, but i did it with a 320gb drive before they were available for the older models.

Worked no problem.  You will need the newer data transfer cable that supports USB if I remember correctly. I can check my cable when I get home and let you know for sure.

I've not done it witht he 500gb drive, but i did it with a 320gb drive before they were available for the older models.

Worked no problem. You will need the newer data transfer cable that supports USB if I remember correctly. I can check my cable when I get home and let you know for sure.
Thank you very much for the reply and the assistance.

bread's done
Back