Xbox 360 HD Power Pak - $25 Amazon

[quote name='mr_bungle']Doesn't the Intercooler burn up your 360?

Either way 2 rechargebable battery packs are not bad.[/QUOTE]

That was an issue for the old intercoolers. The old ones drew power from the 360 in order to power the fans. This intercooler has its own power supply.

I was concerned with the same thing. But from what I read this a good intercooler. My brother wanted an intercooler for his 360 and I wanted rechargeable battery setup. So we both win :)

[quote name='isofan1']PS3 HD Media Kit is also on sale for $39.99 by Nyko at Amazon[/QUOTE]

More money gone. Thanks isofan1. I needed a charge kit and remote for PS3. I was contemplating getting the harmony adaptor for my harmony 880 but decided this would be better.

Highly considering buying this as i need another HDMI cable and I want some more rechargeable battery packs. The reviews say the rechargeable batteries lose said charge quickly after a while, anyone care to speak from experience? What is the business with the intercooler? What does it do exactly and why should i have one?

[quote name='abhinav']Highly considering buying this as i need another HDMI cable and I want some more rechargeable battery packs. The reviews say the rechargeable batteries lose said charge quickly after a while, anyone care to speak from experience? What is the business with the intercooler? What does it do exactly and why should i have one?[/QUOTE]

From what I hear, the old intercooler would blow air INTO your system to try to cool it down while the NEW intercooler tries to suck air OUT of your system to cool it down. Also, the dedicated power supply is supposed to help keep your 360 alive and well.

I am thinking on biting on this as well, but I'd MUCH prefer a black one to a white one as I have an elite.

Thanks OP! In for one.

My brother has the ChargeBase and really likes it, it hasn't given him any problems.

I know from experience with my (otherwise AWESOME) Logitech mouses that those metal contacts can wear/rust and cause problems. So I'm going to try to only charge them when they're close to dead.

[quote name='supermodestmouse']From what I hear, the old intercooler would blow air INTO your system to try to cool it down while the NEW intercooler tries to suck air OUT of your system to cool it down. Also, the dedicated power supply is supposed to help keep your 360 alive and well.

I am thinking on biting on this as well, but I'd MUCH prefer a black one to a white one as I have an elite.[/QUOTE]

Definitely not true, talk about someone giving you misinformation LOL.

OK none of the Intercoolers on the market past and present blow air into the machine. The problem with the 1st generation Nyko Intercoolers was they used the same power source from either the 360 or PS3 which made the systems produce more power to run the fans which in turn generated more heat inside the system. That caused some system failures. Google or Bing a burned Nyko Intercooler and you'll probably see a chard plug that basically melted due to the heat.

The newer ones 2nd generation come with their own power source and do a damn good job of keeping the 360 and PS3 running much cooler by blowing out the hot air out the back.

I've been using the new Nyko Intercooler on my 360 since day 1 and it's been running great going on 2 years. Haven't had a 360 make the 2 year mark yet so this is a first. I have no problems recommending these devices.

I have the Nyko battery packs and they suck bad. Mine lasted for about 3 months and then wouldn't hold a charge any more.

I'll second the opinion that those rechargeable battery packs are sh!t. I'm not even sure that I got 3 months before they started going downhill. You're better off either buying a 40 pack of AA batteries at Costco or buying some AA eneloop batteries.

[quote name='Rodster']Definitely not true, talk about someone giving you misinformation LOL.

OK none of the Intercoolers on the market past and present blow air into the machine. The problem with the 1st generation Nyko Intercoolers was they used the same power source from either the 360 or PS3 which made the systems produce more power to run the fans which in turn generated more heat inside the system. That caused some system failures. Google or Bing a burned Nyko Intercooler and you'll probably see a chard plug that basically melted due to the heat.

The newer ones 2nd generation come with their own power source and do a damn good job of keeping the 360 and PS3 running much cooler by blowing out the hot air out the back.

I've been using the new Nyko Intercooler on my 360 since day 1 and it's been running great going on 2 years. Haven't had a 360 make the 2 year mark yet so this is a first. I have no problems recommending these devices.[/QUOTE]

Just what I heard, but I do believe the problem with the Intercoolers was not only did the old ones use the system power, but they all force the console fans to spin at a higher speeds than they are made for, thus wearing them out...

[quote name='Megafrog']I have the Nyko battery packs and they suck bad. Mine lasted for about 3 months and then wouldn't hold a charge any more.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mick16']I'll second the opinion that those rechargeable battery packs are sh!t. I'm not even sure that I got 3 months before they started going downhill. You're better off either buying a 40 pack of AA batteries at Costco or buying some AA eneloop batteries.[/QUOTE]

Yep, they are definitely trash. You'd be better off taking the money and getting some high quality rechargeable AAs. They will last far longer and obviously are far more useful.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']If you're looking to rechargeable battery packs just got Microsoft all day. I still have one that I got from launch. FROM LAUNCH!!![/QUOTE]

Many people like myself had the MS battery die after a few months.

the 1st gen intercooler raped, impregenated and killed my 360 and 2 of my friends who I recommended the product to. I didn't even know this model was out..even for $25 the other stuff is worth it if you don't use this..

In for one on the kids 360. Got an intercooler ts on my 360 for a year now and it works real good. It has its own power supply and temp sensor to turn on when 360 gets too hot and stays on even after 360 is off till it gets cool then shuts off. I've noticed it does keep it cooler, but it does make it loud definately sound noticeable. I got it only because my stock fans sounded like jet engines so the extra fan sound didnt make a difference.

I have been looking for another IC TS, but a used one was going for about $15 w/ shipping on ebay about $25 new, so this is a good deal. I do use AA rechargeable batteries, but the kids keep throwing them away lol so maybe these will be better for them.

I'm on the fence with this.

1) I don't really need the batteries (although they would be handy if they were good). But an extra charger would be a pain.

2) I already have an extra HDMI cable

3) My 360 has run just fine (knock on wood). I have the mid-release model (with HDMI) and after 2 years it hasn't shown any problems. I don't leave it running for long periods of time.

I've been interested in an Intercooler but now you guys have me worried about the extra strain on the 360 fan.

[quote name='schultzed']I've been interested in an Intercooler but now you guys have me worried about the extra strain on the 360 fan.[/QUOTE]
It doesn't strain the fan and it uses its own power supply. It turns on when the Xbox 360 is overheating, which happens often with just the built in fan. I say buy the package for $25 and find a charger for cheap.

[quote name='Airik']Just what I heard, but I do believe the problem with the Intercoolers was not only did the old ones use the system power, but they all force the console fans to spin at a higher speeds than they are made for, thus wearing them out...[/QUOTE]

This is the point that I was referring to . . . I don't know if this is true.

But given that the batteries aren't all that great and I don't need the HDMI cable . . .

[quote name='62t']Many people like myself had the MS battery die after a few months.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it happens but I just wanted to throw this out there: I too have an MS battery pack from launch and it still works great.

bread's done
Back