Xbox 360 HDD Warranty Replacement

FluxDF

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
My 360 Elite HDD has been giving me the E68 error numerous times. I've email CS about it twice and followed the troublshooting procedures outlined. This last time they gave me the 800 number to call and request a replacement HDD.

I called today to start the process. I have to mail them my defective HDD, at my expense, then they'll mail me the replacement HDD. Kind of shitty I have to pay for shipping, but that's not what really concerns me.

The CS assured me that my game saves are tied to my Gamertag and they will be recoverable on the new HDD. I flat out don't believe that. I think the CS is confusing DLC with game saves.

So my question, has anyone gone through this process before? Or can anyone point me to information regarding recovering game saves on a new HDD?Thanks.

As far as I know, the only way to keep your saves is to either put them onto a memory card or buy that thing that connects your HD to your computer. Like you said, she has DLC/marketplace content confused with game saves.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought. I was reading through the warranty a little earlier and there are several disclaimers stating that they're not responsible for lost data nor do they guarantee anything.

What connects the HDD to a PC?

bread's done
Back