Xbox 360 Headset advice.

Jogan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I'm currently using a Turtle Beach X12 with their first gen DSS (surround sound amp). But I was looking at getting the Razer Carcharias 360 edition. My X12's have a fracture in the right support so the set doesn't stay on my head anymore. Should I just grab another X12 for $40 or get the Razer for $60 and pair it with my current amp? Any other 360 headsets worth looking at?

If you like the X12s, stay with them. You know how much you like those. Buying the Razer could be good/bad.

I haven't heard much about their headsets, but a lot of their other items are good.

I use Turtle Beach because they were cheap and better than the stock headset.

IMHO, TB's are a great choice for budget. I would honestly never get any console peripheral from Razer since they are a hit/miss when it comes to working. Another alternative would be Plantronics, but those are at about $100~$120.

I'm in love with my wireless Afterglows! If you get on their site at the right time, you can get them for about $75 (with coupon deals). Regular price is usually around $100-110. I had a pair of wired turtle beaches. Loved them too, but still wasn't completely satisfied. Shopped around for almost 8 months until I came across my Afterglows. Friend at Gamestop told me about them and even let me borrow his for a short time before buying them. I bought 3 since then, lol. Technically, one set was mine. The others were gifts.

Pros:
Sound is sweet. I can adjust it so I can hear both mics and game sounds either in the headset or on the tv (or a good medium between the two). If I need to mute quickly, I just tap the side. The light flashes on the mic to tell me what mode its in. It's rechargeable. PDP offers AWESOME customer service! Not sure if they come with the adapter now, but mine didn't. But it's free nonetheless. The adapter helps connect  the A/V cords from the receiver into the tv if you're using an HDMI cord for your system.

Cons:
The light is cool... but it's also very bright! There's not way to adjust the brightness of the light(s) at all on those things. So, don't try to play it in bed with your significant partner... you might shine a freaking beam of light into their face and you may end up on the couch. :(

If you wan a good deal, order directly from them and not from Gamestop and google coupon codes for PDP.

bread's done
Back