Xbox 360 Holiday Bundle $199.99 back in stock at bestbuy.com -- hurry the F*&@%$^ up!

dEvAnGeL

CAGiversary!
Feedback
80 (100%)
if i post on the main besbuy thread this info is gonna get buried under comments so for those interested hurry up

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Microsoft+-+Xbox+360+250GB+Holiday+Bundle+with+Fable+III+and+Halo%3A+Reach/1069212.p?id=1218216740587&skuId=1069212&st=Thanksgiving_Day_Sale_Video_Games_Toys&cp=1&lp=2

at my store, West Paterson, nj, there were a shit load of this consoles to pick up at the deal price so maybe they restocked all locations? if i knew that i would have saved the 1 hour pick line time o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason I'm asking if Amazon will PM is obviously because of tax, the 70 mile total commute, and the fact I get 3% cash back on Amazon purchases effectively making the total price $193.99

[quote name='MikeBastard']The reason I'm asking if Amazon will PM is obviously because of tax, the 70 mile total commute, and the fact I get 3% cash back on Amazon purchases effectively making the total price $193.99[/QUOTE]

So you're saying that Best Buy is 70 miles from your house? I'm pretty sure online is shipping for free?

For anyone that has a Best Buy near their house, you guys should just go there. I was at my Best Buy at midnight last night and they had probably several thousand of them. I went again today around 2:30PM and they still have a shitload of them just sitting there piled up. Luckily I got my Gears triple pack last night because today they were all out.

This has been the worst black Friday since I started using their site on black Friday five years ago. Best Buy had many great deals and turned out to be the best store/site for purchasing.

[quote name='menewbe']anyone know if the fable 3 in this includes the dlc or just the base game?[/QUOTE]

Fable 3 has no game of the year/complete release. It just wasn't popular. There were only two DLC packs for it. More were planned but it seems tepid demand for the first two has killed any chance of that happening. There will probably never been a "full" disk release.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Must keep telling myself that I don't need a new xbox...[/QUOTE]

Same here man, same here...even though I still have an 06 model >.>

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Must keep telling myself that I don't need a new xbox...[/QUOTE]

You and me both...I still have my launch 360. Go out of stock soon....Too tempted.

[quote name='Blaster man']So you're saying that Best Buy is 70 miles from your house? I'm pretty sure online is shipping for free?

For anyone that has a Best Buy near their house, you guys should just go there. I was at my Best Buy at midnight last night and they had probably several thousand of them. I went again today around 2:30PM and they still have a shitload of them just sitting there piled up. Luckily I got my Gears triple pack last night because today they were all out.

This has been the worst black Friday since I started using their site on black Friday five years ago. Best Buy had many great deals and turned out to be the best store/site for purchasing.

Fable 3 has no game of the year/complete release. It just wasn't popular. There were only two DLC packs for it. More were planned but it seems tepid demand for the first two has killed any chance of that happening. There will probably never been a "full" disk release.[/QUOTE]

35 miles each way and they aren't letting me ship it, only pick it up.

[quote name='bigdbo622']You and me both...I still have my launch 360. Go out of stock soon....Too tempted.[/QUOTE]
Well, you can do like I did - sell your old Xbox to somebody else. I sold my 06 model (refurbished) to someone and used that money towards the purchase of a new one less prone to hardware failure. Got $90 for it, the wifi adapter (not needed in the new one) and five games - only two of which were good at all and none of them had a resell value.

[quote name='MikeBastard']35 miles each way and they aren't letting me ship it, only pick it up.[/QUOTE]
Don't you have several weeks to do the pickup? If so, you can always make the purchase and pick it up when you go to the area in the future.

[quote name='Blaster man']Well, you can do like I did - sell your old Xbox to somebody else. I sold my 06 model (refurbished) to someone and used that money towards the purchase of a new one less prone to hardware failure. Got $90 for it, the wifi adapter (not needed in the new one) and five games - only two of which were good at all and none of them had a resell value.

Don't you have several weeks to do the pickup? If so, you can always make the purchase and pick it up when you go to the area in the future.[/QUOTE]

True, but I don't want it badly enough to spend extra money and then use my time to go to a city where I'll have nothing else to do except pick that up and drive home. I know, first world problems, but the inconvenience caused and the extra money it will cost pretty much negates any savings.

[quote name='MikeBastard']True, but I don't want it badly enough to spend extra money and then use my time to go to a city where I'll have nothing else to do except pick that up and drive home. I know, first world problems, but the inconvenience caused and the extra money it will cost pretty much negates any savings.[/QUOTE]

Well I can tell you for my situation it was well worth it (although granted the Best Buy is only 3 miles away). My wife wanted Kinect for the kids. That was going to be $100 and I have a shitty refurbished console (second refurb after 2 RROD's). I knew the thing would fail eventually too. So I saved the HDD to reuse, sold the Xbox for $90 and suddenly a $200 4GB Kinect bundle looks like a steal. $110 + $90 I got from the refurb. I basically bought the Kinect and traded my refurb for a slim.

[quote name='nadohawk']So I am hoping Mission Valley hurries up on my order. This is more reason to get a smart phone.[/QUOTE]

i put in an order for mission valley pick up, but then got an email saying they dont have it. check my status page and it says the same thing.

but when you do a search, BB still list mission as available. doesnt look like it was meant to be for me.

I just looked through a bunch of sites. None of the sites have deals for the console anymore. What incentive can Amazon possibly have to sell the console for so much less than everyone else?

If you guys have a Sears near you, they might still have a console in stock. They were chargining $210 for the 4GB Kinect bundle so that's probably the least desirable. Also, did you check radio shack?

Last edited by a moderator:
i called my local best buys and 1 said the inventory was wrong, they don't actually have any in store, and the other 2 simply don't answer the phone

[quote name='JarrettLeMieux']i called my local best buys and 1 said the inventory was wrong, they don't actually have any in store, and the other 2 simply don't answer the phone[/QUOTE]

I'd call back. I went to my store at around 2:30 and they still had hundreds of them stacked up in the middle of the floor. They started out last night with what appeared to me to be THOUSANDS.

finally got a 2nd to answer the phone, but she also said the system isn't keeping up with what goes out the door, they can't physically locate this supposed inventory

Thanks man! My wife tried to get this the first time around, but the website removed it from her cart before she could purchase it. We got it this time though. Thanks again!

[quote name='JarrettLeMieux']i called my local best buys and 1 said the inventory was wrong, they don't actually have any in store, and the other 2 simply don't answer the phone[/QUOTE]

You need to use these numbers & use the inventory extension (back room) NOT the floor boys:

Administration - 2280
Best Buy for Business/Home - 2200, 2205 (Cordless)
Car-Fi - 2150, 2151 (Cordless), 2240 (Installation), 2241 (Cordless Installation)
Computers - 2202, 2201 (Cordless)
Digital Cameras - 2130, 2131 (Cordless)
Geek Squad - 2206, 2204 (Cordless), 2110 (Front Desk), 2111 (Front Desk Cordless)
Home Theatre - 2170, 2171 (Cordless), 2172 (Secondary Cordless)
Inventory - 2220, 2223 (Cordless)
Loss Prevention - 2180, 2181 (Cordless)
Media (Gaming, Movies, CDs...) - 2260, 2261 (Cordless), 2262 (Secondary Cordless)
Merchandising - 2222
Manager on Duty (MOD) - 2020, 2021 (Cordless)
Rep II (Customer Service) - 2100, 2090 (Cordless), 2091 (Secondary Cordless)
Tills (11-17) - 2250, 2252, 2254, 2251, 2253
Wireless (Mobile Phones) - 2270, 2271 (Cordless)

These are internal extensions...universal in North America :)

[quote name='Blaster man']I'd call back. I went to my store at around 2:30 and they still had hundreds of them stacked up in the middle of the floor. They started out last night with what appeared to me to be THOUSANDS.[/QUOTE]

I was in the north OKC store a couple of hours ago and it was the same way. Stacks of them everywhere.

Times like this make me glad to live in NYC. Every store that popped up are all in stock & all within walking distance lol. So instead of the Kinect Bundle on Amazon, my GF will be getting one that comes with two games to start her out with & 250 gig HD. The bundled I much preferred. Thanks OP!

-LatinLegacy

[quote name='JarrettLeMieux']No dice, did the same thing. Tells me one person ahead of me, then plays some music, then rings indefinitely. Appreciate the info, though.[/QUOTE]

Call the MOD, he'll straighten that shit out for you, lol.

The lady I spoke with at the 2nd store called me back and said she found one while they were cleaning up the store, slapped my name on it and I can get it when they open in the morning.

The MOD never answered either, sucks because tat store is 30 minutes from me, as opposed to the hour away one I gotta hit up in the morning.

Only store that pops up doesn't have any, on the floor at least. Not sure I should waste time putting in the in-store pick-up only to have it get cancelled tomorrow...

Went in without the confirmation and the guy ahead of me did the same thing and got sent away....I got it...well sort of, 250 GB minus the Holiday extras, but I got what I needed (might exchange it later for the Holiday once it gets in stock). On the other stuff, it was too busy to wait in line yet again.

There were so many 360 SKUs. Kind of sad that they did not sell well.

Still tempted to get one to replace my Elite. ONE store still has it for IN-STORE pickup....what to do, what to do. Also, It seems like my console sells well on EBAY. Why would an old style 360 sell well?

[quote name='doubledown']Still tempted to get one to replace my Elite. ONE store still has it for IN-STORE pickup....what to do, what to do. Also, It seems like my console sells well on EBAY. Why would an old style 360 sell well?[/QUOTE]

Sell it or regret it. I had a refurb and couldn't dump it fast enough.

[quote name='Blaster man']Sell it or regret it. I had a refurb and couldn't dump it fast enough.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've gone through multiple consoles in my day for the 360....this one has been good for a few years though. It's hard to justify it to my wife when my current one works good. Anyone want to buy it...haha

Dumb question, but can the slim hard drive work on the fat 360?
I'd like to be able to swap between systems if possible since most of my friends still have the fat 360.

[quote name='darrenaero']Dumb question, but can the slim hard drive work on the fat 360?
I'd like to be able to swap between systems if possible since most of my friends still have the fat 360.[/QUOTE]

I believe that is a NO. The fat one has an external cradle.

[quote name='doubledown']I believe that is a NO. The fat one has an external cradle.[/QUOTE]

Kinda figured. Oh well. MS's stupid proprietary policies cost themselves a sale. Not that they care.

All you need to do is remove the drive from the old enclosure and buy an S enclosure off of eBay and snap it together and you're good.

Edit: Or vice versa. You'd need the tool if you plan on swapping around. I was just going to rip mine apart, but I don't have to now.

[quote name='Eggplant_Wizard']All you need to do is remove the drive from the old enclosure and buy an S enclosure off of eBay and snap it together and you're good.

Edit: Or vice versa. You'd need the tool if you plan on swapping around. I was just going to rip mine apart, but I don't have to now.[/QUOTE]

An S enclosure, you say. Hmmmm.

bread's done
Back