xBox 360 Kinect for $135 at my local Walmart

blowmefer

CAGiversary!
Not the hottest deal ever, but still a bit better than MSRP.

My local Walmart had a forward facing end cap full of brand new Kinect's on sale for the xBox :360: for $135 (local, as in Brea, CA).

I was in there last night, and saw this, and figured it was a advertised deal, but when I looked online, I found nothing about it.
So I went back today, it was still on sale. So I bought one. While checking out, the clerk mentioned that it will prolly be like that for a week or two since they have (had) so many, but that it was only that store.

Too bad there's no "Store Ad" to price match this at Target since still got some unused Gift Cards + extra 5% off with a Target Card.

Wish they were more lenient than Best Buy.

Odd that a device that's so popular and that sold 8 million* copies needs a price drop? Hrm. ;)
Congrats on not paying MSRP though!

I heard people RRoD'd their Xbox 360 playing Kinect games (definitely the older Xbox 360 consoles). So, I'm leaving my Xbox 360 as it is, I'll get a Kinect bundle if there's a deal. I don't think it's a price drop, more like a YMMV sort of thing.

[quote name='Serpentor']I don't think it's a price drop, more like a YMMV sort of thing.[/QUOTE]Agreed but it is odd considering KEEnect is supposed to be the new hawtness.

[quote name='Serpentor']I heard people RRoD'd their Xbox 360 playing Kinect games (definitely the older Xbox 360 consoles). So, I'm leaving my Xbox 360 as it is, I'll get a Kinect bundle if there's a deal. I don't think it's a price drop, more like a YMMV sort of thing.[/QUOTE]

*facepalm* Really? Are you brand new to the 360?

[quote name='Serpentor']I heard people RRoD'd their Xbox 360 playing Kinect games (definitely the older Xbox 360 consoles). So, I'm leaving my Xbox 360 as it is, I'll get a Kinect bundle if there's a deal. I don't think it's a price drop, more like a YMMV sort of thing.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like the craziest rumor I've ever heard. It probaly RROD because of the amount of time played and was a system that was going to RROD anyhow. Everyone knows that the very earliest Xbox 360s had heat and soldering issues. I'm sure some of those boxes are still out there and have not failed yet.

[quote name='Indiana']That sounds like the craziest rumor I've ever heard. It probaly RROD because of the amount of time played... I don't think the Kinect games look very intense from a cpu or graphics perspective.[/QUOTE]

I believe it was the BBC that reported on this based on ONE claim from a user that this happened. (I overheard that on the Joystiq podcast)

Every old 360 will red ring eventually and when it does someone wants to blame whatever they were doing/playing as the cause. My first red ring came after a system update and I believe I was right there complaining that the update caused it before logic got the best of me.

[quote name='Indiana']That sounds like the craziest rumor I've ever heard. It probaly RROD because of the amount of time played and was a system that was going to RROD anyhow. Everyone knows that the very earliest Xbox 360s had heat and soldering issues. I'm sure some of those boxes are still out there and have not failed yet.[/QUOTE]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12121999
If the RRoDs issue is truly heat-related, I don't find this too far-fetched.

Umm...no. That was essentially a hoax story out of the UK. I've used it on 2 different old 360's with no problems. I personally know about 10 other people that also have had no issues.

Get the new 360s for their lower power consumption, quieter operation, dedicated Kinect connection, but in terms of Kinect bricking older 360s, that's just not true.

[quote name='Vader582']http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12121999
If the RRoDs issue is truly heat-related, I don't find this too far-fetched.[/QUOTE]

They had the warranty expire dec 16 and had no problems prior. my first xbox was fine nuntil I played lost odyssey. My second xbox worked fine until I played fallout 3. These folks had no problem until they played kinect. Connection? Shitty xbox hardware.

[quote name='ssjmichael']When you factor in tax, you're not really saving much at all. Seeing as you're in CA you probably paid as much as MSRP in fact.[/QUOTE]

~146 w/tax, still under $150 :)
More importantly though:

I GOT IT RIGHT NOW

No waiting for the any shipping (like 'free' slow ass shipping)

[quote name='TheLounge']I still think rrod is a ploy to sell more consoles =P

Anyways, going to pass this on, I know my cousins wanted one.[/QUOTE]

My first one broke under warranty and I got my second one free. My second one broke the week before christmas, this is out of warranty. I yelled atn an indian call center employee for an hour then I was granted a free repair. The second refurb comes with a one year warranty itself. So I didn't buy any new console.

[quote name='typical guy']Shitty xbox hardware.[/QUOTE]
Truth! Repurchases probably account for half of their overall sales numbers.

bread's done
Back