XBox 360 Kinect Sports Guinness World Record Free Avatar Tee!

[quote name='CodeTrader']According to an e-mail I received from Microsoft you just need to download the gamer pic.[/QUOTE]

Rare's blog entry about the event says otherwise:

Everyone who downloads the gamer pic and completes the record attempt will be rewarded with this awesome Guinness World Records avatar tee.

That's their own emphasis on "and", not mine.

Pic has also been removed from the marketplace now.

Don't mean to be a sourpuss but I did wake up early on a saturday morning and think it is fiddledumplings crazy that you don't need the game to get it. At least see who downloaded the pic and played Kinect Sports that day, even if it wasn't the right event or time.

Make history and become a record breaker this Easter on Xbox LIVE! On Saturday 23rd April we'll be attempting to join hands across the world and break the Guinness World Record for the ‘largest online 100m sprint’ via Kinect Sports and Xbox LIVE.- To be part of the Guinness World Record attempt, join us and thousands of Xbox LIVE members at at 6pm on Saturday 23 April. Each and every runner will be rewarded with an exclusive Xbox and Guinness World Record Avatar T-shirt.

[quote name='maiden of haste']nah it was 6pm uk, i've got 2 shirt codes on the way, who wants to trade?[/quote]

i

[quote name='j3s']Rare's blog entry about the event says otherwise:

That's their own emphasis on "and", not mine.

Pic has also been removed from the marketplace now.[/QUOTE]

TOS on gamerpic vs Rare's blog.

If we don't get the shirt we can always just call and complain anyways.

Anyone get this code yet? someone just gave one away in the code drop but have heard nothing else about anyone getting them yet.

edit:
was told that it was sent around 6pm UK time today... so people should start checking their emails.

I have not got mine yet... but I am guessing they are taking their time like with the GOW3 codes

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='maiden of haste']i've got 2x female and 2x male

are these 1 use codes, or like the bing tee's can they be used a few times?[/QUOTE]

Are you giving any away? If so, I'll take a male tee if you are willing. I don't have a kinect and much less the game so I wouldn't have been able to get it.

Im sorta sad I missed this, if only they had the option of doing it sometime during the week and not just one day at a certain time. I would have definitely participated, but I was working at the record time. I hate to beg but if anyone has a spare male code I definitely wouldn't turn it down :p

Cowfishdreams (xbox social media girl in the UK) tweeted today that the US people should get an email this coming week.

I dont know if it has really been released... I know a new member said they got one but I have not seen one on ebay and I know someone would be trying to get $50 for it if they had one.

[quote name='COLDblood']I dont know if it has really been released... I know a new member said they got one but I have not seen one on ebay and I know someone would be trying to get $50 for it if they had one.[/QUOTE]

Cowfishdreams (xbox social media girl in the UK) has tweeted that all the UK codes have been given out and that USA should be this coming week.

Here are some of her recent tweets about this shirt.

Cowfishdreams Terrie Chilvers I think the US team aren't sending the emails until next week :(

Cowfishdreams

All the emails have now been sent. Check your messages, I'll see if I can help ;)

Cowfishdreams May 11
Anyone got their World Record avatar tee yet? Apparently the UK emails have just gone out.

Cowfishdreams
As long as you were running the 100m sprint at the correct time and downloaded the gamerpic, you'll be eligible for the tee.

Cowfishdreams
There are SO many Kinect World Record holders out there, that some of the emails are still trickling through... mine just arrived.

Cowfishdreams
Everyone got theirs now? Should be soon if not! #KinectWorldRecord

I would say they sent them out to the UK folks according to her tweets daily about this.

The company Rare LTD (Maker of Kinect Sports) tweeted this yesterday about the codes.

RareLTD - Just clearing the backlog of missing World Record avatar T-shirt codes we've been alerted to - all requests to @XBOXsupport http://twitter.com/XboxSupportfrom here on in.

Cowfishdreams (UK XBOX Social Media girl) tweeted this today.

@cowfishdreams - Few people in the U.S asking about World Record Avatar tees - emails with codes are going out by the end of the week.

She also sent me this DM about the issue today:

@cowfishdreams Okay, I've investigated. The U.S emails haven't gone out yet (not sure why!), but will be sent by end of this week.

If all this is correct emails should go out this week but they said the same last week too. Anyway just wanted to add what I knew to the subject.

[quote name='dmzauk']The company Rare LTD (Maker of Kinect Sports) tweeted this yesterday about the codes.

RareLTD - Just clearing the backlog of missing World Record avatar T-shirt codes we've been alerted to - all requests to @XBOXsupport from here on in.

Cowfishdreams (UK XBOX Social Media girl) tweeted this today.

@cowfishdreams - Few people in the U.S asking about World Record Avatar tees - emails with codes are going out by the end of the week.

She also sent me this DM about the issue today:

@cowfishdreams Okay, I've investigated. The U.S emails haven't gone out yet (not sure why!), but will be sent by end of this week.

If all this is correct emails should go out this week but they said the same last week too. Anyway just wanted to add what I knew to the subject.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this - I had basically given up on ever getting this shirt.

[quote name='Waxxxz018']For those of you in the US that still have not gotten the shirts, here's what to do. As it states on http://www.facebook.com/KinectSports, you need to shoot an email to [email protected], I also included our gamertags. I got a reply yesterday with both shirt codes for my wife & I. Hope this helps people, don't give up. :)[/QUOTE]

They tweeted yesterday afternoon to contact xboxsupport if you had any questions from here on out.

@RareLTD - Just clearing the backlog of missing World Record avatar T-shirt codes we've been alerted to - all requests to @XBOXsupport from here on in.

Or you can wait until the end of the week for your email. See my post # 73 a few up from this one.

Just received an email from XBOX asking me to choose male or female code for my shirt. If you want both codes just click on the link and copy-n-paste the code before submitting it. It will just be pre-filled in the box for you.

[quote name='dmzauk']Just received an email from XBOX asking me to choose male or female code for my shirt.[/QUOTE]

ditto

Sent a message to @Xboxsupport. Said to wait till next week to see if I get it. They said they're still being rolled out this week.

[quote name='clickpow']Are United States people still waiting on these?[/QUOTE]

I'm from the US and I haven't received anything, tweeted to xboxsupport and they said give it a couple more days.

[quote name='draven1089']how are ou sending @xboxsupport messages? I thought I sent one but never recieved any information[/QUOTE]

Just through twitter. But if you're in the US just wait till next week to send it.

[quote name='draven1089']Anyone in the USA got this yet? I've still received nothing[/QUOTE]

Yes, I am in the USA and received mine over a week ago.

I just got my code today... I sent an email to Ben Talbot at Rare asking why I never got my code and added all my details and he replied with my code. If you particiapated in the event and did not get your code and want to email him, send me a PM and I will send you his email.

I forgot which CAG sent me a PM last month with his email but thank you again!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='COLDblood']I just got my code today... I sent an email to Ben Talbot at Rare asking why I never got my code and added all my details and he replied with my code. If you particiapated in the event and did not get your code and want to email him, send me a PM and I will send you his email.

I forgot which CAG sent me a PM last month with his email but thank you again![/QUOTE]

I never got mine, about 3 weeks ago I tweeted to @xboxsupport and gave them my gamertag. Haven't heard from them since.

I never got my code - I already feel like a moron for wasting 30 minutes on the phone with Xbox Support about this when Rare said to do that. Never got back to me. Screw this crap.

bread's done
Back