Xbox 360 Lego Indiana Jones/Kung Fu Panda for $11.99

tini1485

CAGiversary!
Game Stop's Weekly ad has cut the Xbox 360 Lego Indiana Jones/Kung Fu Panda from $29.99 to $15.00, plus if you have an Edge card you get 10% off....but not 10% off of $15, but 10% off of $29.99. So you walk out the door with the combo for $11.99 plus tax. So roughly $6 a game...not bad.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']but the EDGE card doesnt take 10 percent off new/sealed games?[/quote]

This was never produced for sale as a stand-alone. Even if they have it new/sealed, they got it as a trade-in, and would have to sell it as used -- thus Edge takes 10% off.

Thanks for the awareness on this OP. I'll swing by on Tuesday and see if I can snag a copy.

Holy, jesus! Does anyone ever pay attention around here? As a number of posters have already said, discounts come off the original price. So, if you have an EDGE card, you'll get $3 off. Listen.

Personally, I'd like to thank the OP for this, as I would have missed it buried in the GS coupon thread.

Just picked it up at GS this afternoon. Rang up at 11.99 plus tax with the Edge card. 29.99- 3.00 (10% Edge discount)= 26.99, 26.99-15.00 promo discount= 11.99

Kung Fu Panda is actually surprisingly fun. I can't think of a kid's "movie game" that has such a fun combat system, and the control is really good.

[quote name='guessed']This was never produced for sale as a stand-alone. Even if they have it new/sealed, they got it as a trade-in, and would have to sell it as used -- thus Edge takes 10% off.[/quote]

oh okay then,...but i thought gamestop didnt take sealed games?

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']oh okay then,...but i thought gamestop didnt take sealed games?[/quote]

That's going to vary by employee and/or store. I don't think they are supposed to, since they are supposed to check the condition/existence of the disc(s), but I've seen a few sealed games being sold as used (not nearly as often as I see opened games being sold as new, though).

Thanks OP I used my Edge card and picked it up for 11.99 all automatically at the register.

We have Lego Indy for the Wii but I got Lego Batman on the 360 and my wife likes getting the achievements so I don't mind paying $10 to re-buy Indy this time on the 360.

I stopped by my closest gamestop today and they had no copies of the combo around. however they did have a suspiciously large number of disc only copies of the 2 games separately.

oh well, I'll check the other stores in the area tomorrow

Question for those who have this. Are both games on one disc (like JSRF & Saga GT), or are they both on their own separate discs?

I tell you some of those employees are as thick as a brick. I went to pay for the game and it rang up at 32 dollars and I told the guy that he needs to check that price again because its on sale. He then proceeds to argue with me thats not what the computer says.

I then pull out a bunch of cases located right in front of the register he is at with the price listed at $14.99. I didnt say not one word to him and he just gave me this blank stare like "Im sorry daddy I just wet myself". He then says "Oh" hits something on the computer and the price changed to $14.99.

Where do they find these people? really?

On the plus side my son and I are really enjoying the games.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']oh okay then,...but i thought gamestop didnt take sealed games?[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that for these bundle-type games they will often open up the 360 bundles and sell the games out of there for some reason. I know this happened with the SST/Arcade game packs. They still usually open them all, but they are basically brand new and unplayed. That may have been because of the newer bundles coming out though - they may have replaced those discs with the newer ones. Anyway, that is another possible explanation (and not that is was taken in as a trade). They gut regular new games to sell as used all the time, too - which is nice as you can get a mint game for the used price minus Edge/coupon...

So I actually read through and was disappointed to see the coupon doesn't work on these. It makes sense, though, as the $15 price would be a "promo" just like the coupon. I actually played both of these games during free Blockbuster rentals and got my 1000 of cheese on both. Otherwise I'd be all over this deal. It ends tomorrow, though? GS weekly ad stuff is Fri-Thur, right?

Shimraa - that was most likely just him hitting "total" (or whatever button it is to finalize the sale) and then the $15 promo code kicked in. It is the same way with trade-in promos. They will tell you all the lower values until the finalize it and then all the bonuses will kick in. So don't be too harsh on him - though he should have known what the weekly ad game sale was ;).

[quote name='Shimrra']I went to pay for the game and it rang up at 32 dollars and I told the guy that he needs to check that price again because its on sale. He then proceeds to argue with me thats not what the computer says.

I then pull out a bunch of cases located right in front of the register he is at with the price listed at $14.99. I didnt say not one word to him and he just gave me this blank stare like "Im sorry daddy I just wet myself". He then says "Oh" hits something on the computer and the price changed to $14.99.

[/quote]

Same thing happened to me. They always seem to forget to hit total when I try to get these deals. Could they even charge us the regular price without hitting total? I just ask them nicely that it should be on sale and they are surprised to see the deal, even though it's posted in their front register.

[quote name='jdeluis']Same thing happened to me. They always seem to forget to hit total when I try to get these deals. Could they even charge us the regular price without hitting total?[/QUOTE]

No, that was my point above (though I didn't say that specifically I guess ;)).

Well I think I got screwed...sigh...

I tried to use the 10% off coupon and the guy said that he "didn't stack" because it was the used deal of the week. I looked at the case, looked at the condition of the discs, and they were literally brand new so I figured that $16.xx after taxes isn't a bad price for 2 brand new games. The guy was a dick though...

[quote name='Pck21']Well I think I got screwed...sigh...

I tried to use the 10% off coupon and the guy said that he "didn't stack" because it was the used deal of the week. I looked at the case, looked at the condition of the discs, and they were literally brand new so I figured that $16.xx after taxes isn't a bad price for 2 brand new games. The guy was a dick though...[/quote]

I say take it back and get a refund. Then you got two options you can either then rebuy it and make sure they take your 10% off it on top of the deal or just go to another GS/EBgames.

Nothing ever stacks at GameStop, except for the EDGE card. Because this is the used deal of the week, it comes up as a promo price in the system, and no other promo can be applied.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Nothing ever stacks at GameStop, except for the EDGE card. Because this is the used deal of the week, it comes up as a promo price in the system, and no other promo can be applied.[/QUOTE]

Ah ok then. Thanks for the explanation!

My receipt says:

LEGO Indiana/Kung $11.99
952364 952/000
Disc: 15.00 Promo #6636
Disc: 3.00 Edge Card 10%

But I don't think the numbers on the website are the same.

bread's done
Back