XBOX 360 limited / Special edition games

Jgel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I am going to get a 360 soon and a few of the games that I want have a special edition or collectors edition version. Is it worth the extra $$$ to get this version. What do you get extra with GoW or Madden or Elder?????

GoW you get an art book and a dvd of videos, Madden you get a second dvd with behind the scenes and making-of videos, and I don't know about Oblivion.

And at EB/GS, the CE of both are the same price as the normal. Same with Lost Planet.

In my opinion, the CE editons of Gears and Oblivion are worth it, given the much more attractive packaging, interesting behind the scenes DVDs (especially in the case of Oblivion) and fun little collectibles (art book is actually pretty cool with Gears and with Oblivion you get a "septim" - silly, but cool nonetheless). I also take into account the quality of the game when determining whether or not I want a CE -- Prey has a nice looking CE but isn't a great game, Lost Planet is mindless fun but nothing I'm going to cherish forever - plus the standard white packaging for Lost Planet looks a lot better than the CE anyway, in my opinion.

As for Madden, don't ever even think about giving EA extra money. Ever.

Eh. The GoW CE is ok. You might thumb through the artbook and watch the extra DVD like once but that's it. I also don't like opening the box up and getting the game out every time, it's a bit of a hassle. I personally used my old GoW pre-order box I got at BB and just let the CE box alone.

This may seem silly, but I find the Oblivion CE packaging to be annoying. It's kinda irritating having to go through the motions just to remove the game disc from the package and put it back in. The extra stuff is kinda neat, but if you can save some money, go for the regular edition.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I also don't like opening the box up and getting the game out every time, it's a bit of a hassle.[/quote]
Tell me about it. It drove me mad to the point where I almost considered stealing a normal Gears of War and Oblivion case from GS (not that I would actually go through with it, but you get the idea).

[quote name='Kendro']Tell me about it. It drove me mad to the point where I almost considered stealing a normal Gears of War and Oblivion case from GS (not that I would actually go through with it, but you get the idea).[/QUOTE]

I was a bit annoyed also. So if GOW is in my 360 then TESO is in my dvd player and vice versa. I hate getting them from there orignal CE Cases.

[quote name='JasonHasRSI']In my opinion, the CE editons of Gears and Oblivion are worth it, given the much more attractive packaging, interesting behind the scenes DVDs (especially in the case of Oblivion) and fun little collectibles (art book is actually pretty cool with Gears and with Oblivion you get a "septim" - silly, but cool nonetheless). I also take into account the quality of the game when determining whether or not I want a CE -- Prey has a nice looking CE but isn't a great game, Lost Planet is mindless fun but nothing I'm going to cherish forever - plus the standard white packaging for Lost Planet looks a lot better than the CE anyway, in my opinion.

As for Madden, don't ever even think about giving EA extra money. Ever.[/quote]

IMO, Prey was a good game, and getting it for $25 was worth it, especially with the 2 figurines it comes with.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Eh. The GoW CE is ok. You might thumb through the artbook and watch the extra DVD like once but that's it. I also don't like opening the box up and getting the game out every time, it's a bit of a hassle. I personally used my old GoW pre-order box I got at BB and just let the CE box alone.[/quote]

I did the same thing. The only reason I bought it was because they didn't get the standard edition on release day.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Oblivion, GoW, and Lost planet CEs yes. Never buy a Madden CE. That's just ridiculous[/QUOTE]

listen to this guy. I personally don't like getting CE, but if they turn out the same price, get it.

bread's done
Back