or
$40.84 after 5% off coupon
or
$32.99 after Google Checkout
http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp?prid=84773074
Product Link:
Halo 3 Live Card

Note:
You can also combine this with Google Checkout (without the 5% coupon) and get it for $28.88.

LinkinPrime EDIT: Price up to 42.99 and
Google Checkout can't be used.

Daminion EDIT: Striked the comment above about Google Checkout, it's still available for an option if you do not use the 5% coupon. However, this is not as good of a deal as it was when you could get it for $28 and change.

Thanks, in for 1.

On a side note, do you need a gmail account to sign up for GCO? I just used mine but i have hotmail accounts i wouldn't mind trying to get the discount again.

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin']
On a side note, do you need a gmail account to sign up for GCO? I just used mine but i have hotmail accounts i wouldn't mind trying to get the discount again.[/QUOTE]

No you can use any email for it.

[quote name='Superfan']Guys: I ordered 2 days ago and it was cancelled yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Buy.com is hit and miss.

If this were Amazon, I would've ordered ages ago.

The last 2 orders I put through buy.com have been mysteriously cancelled.

Every time I see one of their ads and I see their douchebag CEO I just wanna punch him.

Just got my cable internet self-install kit last week. Finally got my free Dell router working yesterday. Like a true cheapass I tinkered with that thing for 2 days instead of going out and buying a linksys. Tonight I will hookup live on my 1 month card, if all goes well I am in for 1. Thanks, OP

Picked one up, hopefully it will actually ship.

On the product page, it says "In stock soon, ships in 1 to 2 weeks". But when it was in the cart, it said "unavailable" (which, according to their description, means they're not accepting orders for it). But it still let me order it, so we'll see.

Anyway, thanks OP.

has anyone used the rebate from the magazine thing to get an extra 10 off. I think i'm going to decline the subscribtion and us the rebate to get 10 back from buy.com so the card would come to 26.94 or with the GCO it would be 18.88.

[quote name='m3talst0rm']I ordered 3 days ago and got an email saying it shipped the next day[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Superfan']Guys: I ordered 2 days ago and it was cancelled yesterday.[/QUOTE]

ugh. i ordered on monday and as of 5 minutes ago it's still sitting in limbo at "sent to warehouse." we'll see, i guess.

[quote name='souNReAL']how often can you use this google checkout offer. on every purchase?? or just on the first??[/quote]Just the first.

I ordered one on Tuesday, and my order status is "Sent to Warehouse" as well. If Buy.com cancels the order, they better make sure Google refunds my credit card since I've already been charged.

I never really liked ordering stuff from Buy.com. I ordered a X360 512 MB memory card from them a few months ago and it took almost a month for them to ship even though the card was in stock. I'm expecting similar results with this XBL card order.

[quote name='wolve']I ordered one on Tuesday, and my order status is "Sent to Warehouse" as well. If Buy.com cancels the order, they better make sure Google refunds my credit card since I've already been charged.[/QUOTE]

same. i checked my account literally 5 minutes after ordering it on monday and i was charged.

I've been charged but it still says "Sent to warehouse" for me. If people who ordered days ago are getting their orders canceled, I wonder if mine will...

The availability notice on the card has changed - it's down from "1-2 weeks" now it says "in stock soon: 3-5 days".

I can't recall if it was listed as oos/unavailable before when the time frame was listed at 1-2 weeks. But the change may indicate orders will go through uncancelled now. *shrug* Might be worth a try if you are feeling lucky.

my status just changed from "sent to warehouse" to "on order."

so i ordered and they charged me same day 1 week ago and now it's "on order."

ugh.

At least it didn't get cancelled. Hopefully they'll get them in soon.

For anyone new looking, the price is back up to 42.99, same price as the regular card. Still a decent deal, especially with google checkout, but the non-Halo3 graphic 13 month card is the same price and is in stock, so might as well go with that.

I know there has been a lot of back and forth on this issue, but I think it bears repeating.... Even if you are renewing your subscription, you DO get the 13 months. You DO NOT have to be a brand new account holder to get the 13 months. I was shocked how quickly the item shipped and I recommend this to anyone that has an account about to expire or who wants to get a great value. Enter as many cards as you want and this will add 13 months on top of each other. I used 2 cards and now I am good til december or 2009, originally i was going to expire Oct 15, 2007. just an FYI

I bought one of these cards to extend out my subscription back a month ago. I found out that I had too much time on my account (currently have XBL to 12/09) for the card to work on it. Turned around and sold it to another CAG for what I paid for it, and it worked for him as well, 13 months of time on his account. Plus, it worked for his Canadian account, which is something I didn't know.

update, got the email saying mine was shipped today... exactly a week after i ordered it. check your emails those that ordered around the same time

Mine was placed last Tuesday, so hopefully it'll ship tomorrow. Feels like it's been in "sent to warehouse" mode forever.

[quote name='Callandor']Sweet, mine shipped out today! :D
Or, at least is has a UPS number, so it's going out soon.[/quote]

Nice, mine's still on Sent to Warehouse. Hopefully that will change today.

Meh, mine is now listed as "on order", which means who knows how long it will take for me to get it.

I would cancel, but the price has jumped to 32.99 (after the $10) rebate. Maybe if I see a better deal.

It really makes no sense. If the item listing shows it takes 3 to 5 days to ship, then shouldn't the same apply for me considering I ordered a week ago? It at least signifies they have the cards in stock now, so I would think people who already ordered would be given first priority...

Lol nevermind. My Buy.com order just happened to ship while I'm over here trying to figure out what to do for this ebay deal.

[quote name='Superfan']According to the listing, the ebay one you mentioned doesn't apply to renewals, which most of us have and need.[/quote]

Very true. I suppose it is an excellent deal for those who are setting up new accounts, though.

BTW, what kind of card only allows new accounts? Why is that? What were these cards created for since standard cards do allow renewing?

Also, could I start a new account on the same xbox with a dif username?

So I'm guessing these cards that you can't renew with; you can't use them to instate Gold on any existing account at all, and have to create new Live account to use them at all?

I read on someone's fleabay listing that these may be unactivated live codes. Similar to gift cards, the cashier must swipe the card before it is activated. These codes may in fact be illegal. :( I just canceled by buy.com order so I could buy these codes off of Heather.

[quote name='dysuriai']I read on someone's fleabay listing that these may be unactivated live codes. Similar to gift cards, the cashier must swipe the card before it is activated. These codes may in fact be illegal. :( I just canceled by buy.com order so I could buy these codes off of Heather.[/quote]
I highly doubt that. Correct me if I am wrong, but are not all xbox live card numbers scratch-offs? Also, almost every major retailer carries these same cards (also available for online order).

[quote name='Gnomes and Pie']I highly doubt that. Correct me if I am wrong, but are not all xbox live card numbers scratch-offs? Also, almost every major retailer carries these same cards (also available for online order).[/QUOTE]
you still have to activate it to use it

Got my order today. Oddly enough, when buy.com sent out my tracking number, they claimed it was UPS. Except UPS had no record of that number at all. Turns out it was actually a USPS number.

Eh, whatever. I've got Live though March '09 now!

If it means anything...

...I ordered the card on Tuesday, the 28th, and just now, at 8:12pm EST my order was shipped. Not bad.

I just noticed this was added to the OP:

[quote name='daminion']
LinkinPrime EDIT: Price up to 42.99 and Google Checkout can't be used.
[/QUOTE]

This isn't true. I just placed my order seconds ago and got it for $32.99 with Google Checkout. I'm guessing whoever reported that GCO quit working was someone who tried to use it in combination with the 5%. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back