Xbox 360 Live Vision Bundle ($39.98) + tax @ ToysRUs B&M (OOS online for now)

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Edit 1/28: Now the same price in store and mostly out of stock online (thanks CAG member bardockkun for the heads up on the in store price):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169967

Considering shipping and tax, you're looking at about $48 shipped

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2463406

Product Description

The Xbox 360 Live Vision bundle includes Live Vision Camera, Xbox 360 headset, one year subscription to the Xbox Live online gaming service, 200 Microsoft Points and Xbox Live Arcade games UNO & Robotron.

Let's hope TRU fulfills the orders. I've gotten screwed out of orders before when they don't have enough inventory for everyone.

[quote name='miktau']price match at sears, they usually dont check stock.

cheers,
mike[/quote]

About that... Anyone know if Sears require that there be a store nearby to price match?

I checked my local Toys 'R' Us today just to be sure. They had a bunch of the bundles behind glass, all marked at $80.

[quote name='ddrpower']Tried to PM at Sears, they didn't do it. Stores are $80.[/quote]

Any more details? Did you bring in a printout of the webpage? Or just say it was on sale at ToysRUs and they called a store?

[quote name='mguiddy']Any more details? Did you bring in a printout of the webpage? Or just say it was on sale at ToysRUs and they called a store?[/QUOTE]

It'll vary depending on who you ask, but at my sears, even if you bring in a printout of the webpage, we have to 1) go online to check they're in stock (so a printout now would be useless), or 2) call in store to verify price and verify in stock (so also useless as the in store price is not the same). Of course, you could get an employee who doesn't do their job and have a better shot.

And obviously this could vary from store to store as well but none of the local sears I've checked even carry the bundle, only the camera alone.

They looked it up on their computers(has the TRU links there), and it showed up with the right price, but out of stock. They called a local store, and then denied me. YMMV on if those people let you slide, since it's the managers that have to approve it, but up to the cashier to decide if the manager should look it up or they will. Now that I think about it, I got a guy in training. :bomb:

[quote name='qwert916']Was able to price match this at circuit city and it came out to $35.99. :)[/quote]

how did you get them to do it? if you could help me out that would be great but it says oos on the page:cry:

[quote name='qwert916']Was able to price match this at circuit city and it came out to $35.99. :)[/quote]
[quote name='The Chop Suey']how did you get them to do it? if you could help me out that would be great but it says oos on the page:cry:[/quote]

am interested in this as well, any help would be appreciated

[quote name='eminemobied12']how long can someone have a valid subscription for live for? min runs out in april 09, can i add another 12 months?[/quote]

I think you can have up to 3 years prepaid.

Got my shipping notice today. Was worried that as one of the last to get in before it went OOS, it would be cancelled or back-ordered, just like buy.com and the NYKO Perfect shot.

[quote name='jza1218']Got my shipping notice today. Was worried that as one of the last to get in before it went OOS, it would be cancelled or back-ordered, just like buy.com and the NYKO Perfect shot.[/quote]
I got my shipping notice and tracking number as well, unfortunately I found the most bizzare tracking information from UPS.com.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22844769@N02/2194798193/

billed 1/15/2008, delivered 8/28/2006??? (who knew that ups had time travel devices)

Sold out online so I went to Toys R Us B&M and got them to pricematch, even though the cashier claimed they don't due to "shipping charges are not included in online prices".

I explained that it was a $40 difference and more then just shipping, so the Manager OK'd it for me and used a giftcard to get it!:D

Hopefully mine will arrive today or tomorrow. It has an arrival scan for a city near me... Hopefully it leaves there today :) Will most likely be tomorrow though.....

The tracking isn't exactly wrong, the numbers were reused in UPS's system. Mine also says it was delivered 08/23/2006 10:09 A.M however is giving me current tracking updates with ya know, current dates :)

[quote name='lostdecoy']The tracking isn't exactly wrong, the numbers were reused in UPS's system. Mine also says it was delivered 08/23/2006 10:09 A.M however is giving me current tracking updates with ya know, current dates :)[/quote]

Haha, yeah mine says the same thing.. Kinda weird, UPS reusing tracking numbers and all....

To satisfy my curiousity I gave UPS a call and asked about the weird info, apparently TrUs reuses the same list of tracking numbers over and over again, and UPS never clears the old data out so basically the only relevant information are the entries in 2008. Should get mine on Thursday, this is a sweet deal!

Mine is apparently backordered and slated to be cancelled.. doh! Been waiting for a while to get that bundle too :\

[quote name='zeddic']To satisfy my curiousity I gave UPS a call and asked about the weird info, apparently TrUs reuses the same list of tracking numbers over and over again, and UPS never clears the old data out so basically the only relevant information are the entries in 2008. Should get mine on Thursday, this is a sweet deal![/quote]

Where did you see the expected arrival date at? I couldn't find it on mine.:bomb:

[quote name='lingenfelser']Sold out online so I went to Toys R Us B&M and got them to pricematch, even though the cashier claimed they don't due to "shipping charges are not included in online prices".

I explained that it was a $40 difference and more then just shipping, so the Manager OK'd it for me and used a giftcard to get it!:D[/QUOTE]

they shouldn't have ok'd it since the company doesn't price match the website. i may be going in a little too deep with this, but i bet you were one of the "irrate" customers that has a fit when they don't get their way and demands to speak to a manager. it is not due to shipping charges, the store simply does not price match any company and the online store is technically a different company. it is the same for gamestop/gamestop.com, etc. find a company that does not price match and this will happen to you again. maybe i am just being an ass after working retail so long, but i can't stand when people do this.

[quote name='RoboPenguin']Where did you see the expected arrival date at? I couldn't find it on mine.:bomb:[/quote]
When the CS person explained the situation to me he also told me what the expected arrival date was. I suggest you call them too, it took maybe 20 seconds to get a real person to talk to.

[quote name='buckythekat']am interested in this as well, any help would be appreciated[/quote]

I just printed the page out and brought it with me. Asked for a price match at Best Buy and they wouldn't give it to me. Tried Circuit City and they OK'd it with no problems. Lucky me?

I really don't need a camera but 2 free games is GREAT. I'll get CC pricematch & save extra 10% off ($4).

12 months Gold Live + Camera + 2 free games = $35.99 plus taxes is not bad deal :)

[quote name='IAmTheBiggestInuyashaFan']they shouldn't have ok'd it since the company doesn't price match the website. i may be going in a little too deep with this, but i bet you were one of the "irrate" customers that has a fit when they don't get their way and demands to speak to a manager. it is not due to shipping charges, the store simply does not price match any company and the online store is technically a different company. it is the same for gamestop/gamestop.com, etc. find a company that does not price match and this will happen to you again. maybe i am just being an ass after working retail so long, but i can't stand when people do this.[/quote]

Give me a break. "they shouldn't have ok'd it?" "They" (store management) should be able to do whatever they want under the circumstances. A TRU store matched their online price for me a month ago: I simply and politely pointed out the online price, and they very pleasantly agreed to sell to me at that price - no need to get "irrate" or even irate.

It's perfectly understandable if customers have the expectation that the price they see on the toysrus.com site will be the price they pay in the store: ToysRUs has made no effort to differentiate its site and B&M stores in either name or logo, and the site frequently features store ads and other deals (such as B1G1) that ARE both online and in-store. Also, IME CC and BB will match their online prices in-store with no issues unless the site clearly states "online only". If you can't stand that customers may (reasonably) ask for this, maybe it's time to get out of retail.

[quote name='RoboPenguin']Where did you see the expected arrival date at? I couldn't find it on mine.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

If I go to track progress, it says out for delivery today. Hopefully someone will be home, or I will get home in time. One of the reasons I dislike UPS.

I just got this deal at Circuit City. I printed out the ad from Toys R Us and they price-matched it for me, no problem. I was in and out of the store in 5 minutes.
So awesome.

[quote name='buckythekat']they will price match even though it says temporarily sold out? *is hopeful*[/quote]

You could give it a try. Worst that could happen is they say no.

I do have a copy that I edited to say its in stock, but I won't post that unless a mod would tell me it's okay.

[quote name='buckythekat']they will price match even though it says temporarily sold out? *is hopeful*[/QUOTE]

They did for me. I just highlighted the $39.99 price and they matched it. As far as I can tell they just plug in the SKU # for TRU to make sure you didn't photoshop it or fake it.

*EDIT:
You can also tell them that you'd rather go to CC because it's closer but you don't mind driving to TRU and check if they have it in stock. They'd probably much rather steal a sale than worry about losing a bit of profit. CC did the same kind of price match for me when TRU was offering Mario Galaxy with a $25 gift card.

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']They did for me. I just highlighted the $39.99 price and they matched it. As far as I can tell they just plug in the SKU # for TRU to make sure you didn't photoshop it or fake it.[/quote]

Someone may want to make another screenshot with the product info included then.

I think that one on imageshack should be ok. Just highlight the price when you hand them a copy of it. The girl who rang me up behind the counter acted like she'd been ringing up that same price all day for it. They only had two Xbox Live Vision Bundle's left and I grabbed one of them. This was at a San Diego CC by the way.

I went on my lunch to try to get this at cc in las vegas and it WORKED!!!!

The cashier even went in the back to check the model number online ( i thought i was fucked) but she came back about 5 min later and rang it up.

I used the image shack photo that showed them oos. I diddnt throw a fit or anything i just got lucky!!

[quote name='IAmTheBiggestInuyashaFan']they shouldn't have ok'd it since the company doesn't price match the website. i may be going in a little too deep with this, but i bet you were one of the "irrate" customers that has a fit when they don't get their way and demands to speak to a manager. it is not due to shipping charges, the store simply does not price match any company and the online store is technically a different company. it is the same for gamestop/gamestop.com, etc. find a company that does not price match and this will happen to you again. maybe i am just being an ass after working retail so long, but i can't stand when people do this.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to disappoint you InuyashaFan, but as they say "when you assume you make an ass out of you and me"! But, in this case more you than me! :)

The whole transaction went down without a fuss. The cashier asked a manger who was nearby and he stated "TRU doesn't pricematch TRU.com because of the shipping difference." His words, not mine. But, he felt the $40 diff was above that and gave it to me anyway. I didn't even so much as raise my voice. I made sure to thank him profusely for doing so, as I realize he could've not done it at all.
And I'm glad it wasn't you I was dealing with.:bomb:

In the future InuyashaFan please refrain from trolling forums looking for a fight especially when you present nothing but conjecture.:booty:

[quote name='ElJeffA']I went on my lunch to try to get this at cc in las vegas and it WORKED!!!!

The cashier even went in the back to check the model number online ( i thought i was fucked) but she came back about 5 min later and rang it up.

I used the image shack photo that showed them oos. I diddnt throw a fit or anything i just got lucky!![/QUOTE]

Exactly ElJeffA!

I took a printout of the TRU.com page with the price on there and it even had "TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK ONLINE" printed on it.

But, they gave it to me with no fuss on either end!:lol:

[quote name='gantt']Give me a break. "they shouldn't have ok'd it?" "They" (store management) should be able to do whatever they want under the circumstances. A TRU store matched their online price for me a month ago: I simply and politely pointed out the online price, and they very pleasantly agreed to sell to me at that price - no need to get "irrate" or even irate.

It's perfectly understandable if customers have the expectation that the price they see on the toysrus.com site will be the price they pay in the store: ToysRUs has made no effort to differentiate its site and B&M stores in either name or logo, and the site frequently features store ads and other deals (such as B1G1) that ARE both online and in-store. Also, IME CC and BB will match their online prices in-store with no issues unless the site clearly states "online only". If you can't stand that customers may (reasonably) ask for this, maybe it's time to get out of retail.[/QUOTE]

Just saw your post GANTT!
You said/wrote it best! :lol:
Thanks for the backup!:bouncy:

[quote name='ElJeffA']I went on my lunch to try to get this at cc in las vegas and it WORKED!!!!

I used the image shack photo that showed them oos. I diddnt throw a fit or anything i just got lucky!![/QUOTE]
Yeah the same thing happened to me at my CC. The girls seemed to be checking her computer for a while but I think she was just double checking to see if the SKU's matched for CC's and TRU's.

It's an amazing deal for $40 and much better than the one from Dell for $25. Another $10 or $15 and this deal gets you SO much more... plus the Live Vision Cam is pretty cool. I don't ever need to buy another gamerpic because I'm just going to make my own.

bread's done
Back