Xbox 360 Live Vision Bundle ($39.98) + tax @ ToysRUs B&M (OOS online for now)

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Edit 1/28: Now the same price in store and mostly out of stock online (thanks CAG member bardockkun for the heads up on the in store price):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169967

Considering shipping and tax, you're looking at about $48 shipped

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2463406

Product Description

The Xbox 360 Live Vision bundle includes Live Vision Camera, Xbox 360 headset, one year subscription to the Xbox Live online gaming service, 200 Microsoft Points and Xbox Live Arcade games UNO & Robotron.

My local TRU store still has about 4-5 copies of this in stock. If I have the time tomorrow I may try to see if I can get this for the TRU.com sale price.

[quote name='JaysonR']i thought circuit city doesn't price match online prices?[/quote]

Nope. My local store PMed an online price for me awhile back.

[quote name='raheel616']Can anybody pick me one up?[/quote]

No offense, but shouldn't you try first at your local Toys R Us, Circuit City, Best Buy, or Wal-Mart or are you not in driving distance of any of them?

[quote name='spideymike']My local TRU store still has about 4-5 copies of this in stock. If I have the time tomorrow I may try to see if I can get this for the TRU.com sale price.[/quote]

Doubtful. Stores don't and aren't supposed to PM online prices.

[quote name='sp00ge']Doubtful. Stores don't and aren't supposed to PM online prices.[/quote]

Well, it never hurts to ask, especially if others have had the same success at CC and other stores.

[quote name='sp00ge']Doubtful. Stores don't and aren't supposed to PM online prices.[/quote]

Ill say this once more SEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like the page, though still OOS, came back online.

I was successful at the E. Colonial CC PM'ing it, though with some hiccups. One of the CS girls I've dealt with before saw me and said "hey, it's you again!" in a positive tone. I first asked her if they'd PM the TRU.com site, and she said no...but there was a FireDog guy next to her who asked what it was, so I turned the printout to him and he said to go ahead and do it. I went to get a Media guy to unlock the glass case. My friend asked me to get one for him, so I asked for both boxes they had. Turns out one of them was the new box. The two people at CS stared at it, and the FireDog guy said I couldn't get the new box pricematched. One, because the new one said Premium on it. I argued that they both contain the exact same items and the barcodes and part numbers were the same. Then he half-argued that the TRU price was probably such because they were wanting clear out old stock. At that point I was partially conceding the point saying that I'd just take the one, but he begrudging said to go ahead and PM it. Then while ringing me up, the cashier told me she loved Toys R Us. Why, I asked. Because she collected Barbies that rose in value. Okay.

I don't know what she did, but I did not get the extra 10% off. Whatev, it's already half price.

(Again, Orlando folk, I bought the only two boxes at E. Colonial, so that store's sold out for now.)

[quote name='miktau']Ill say this once more SEARS!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

I'm talking TRU B&M. They won't PM the online prices.

as a follow up to my last post...i sat down to open up my box and notice that the plastic sticky circles that keep it closed were cut...i then opened the box to find that the headset was missing as well as the 1 year subscription card.

now I have to go back tomorrow and get a new one. any one think i could get away with redeeming the 200 points before returning it? I mean, CC will prob have to ship back the package to MS, so why not put the points use?

Still live on the site. Pops back "in stock" and I just ordered, unless they "Walmart" me and cancel the order.

[quote name='wiiheat']Still live on the site. Pops back "in stock" and I just ordered, unless they "Walmart" me and cancel the order.[/quote]

Really? I don't see it by following the link. Are you positive it was the bundle with the two games and Xbox Live and not just the camera?

Had to dig for it. Link didn't work.

Little e-mail they sent said bundle, but if it's the wrong one, I'll send it back.

And every-time I copy and paste a link into my bar, it won't go directly to the product. I can only find it by searching.

[quote name='spideymike']Really? I don't see it by following the link. Are you positive it was the bundle with the two games and Xbox Live and not just the camera?[/quote]

Something's wacky. Worked for me ONCE. Can't go directly to it or even search for it; BUT, through Google and sorting lowest to highest I got back to the page, and it shows out of stock again:

http://www.google.com/products?q=Xbox+360+Live+Camera+Bundle&oe=utf-8&checkout=1&scoring=p

[quote name='wiiheat']Had to dig for it. Link didn't work.

Little e-mail they sent said bundle, but if it's the wrong one, I'll send it back.

And every-time I copy and paste a link into my bar, it won't go directly to the product. I can only find it by searching.[/quote]

Hm, interesting , lol.

If I use google checkout as a new meber, do I get $10 off?
Or is that only on some items?
I've used GCO once, but I didn't see an option to save 10, so I'm confused, and would like to know if it works on this TRU bundle, and how to go about doing it.

Thanks!

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']its out of stock online, is this b&m too?[/quote]

Most likely not. B&M and online run different prices/clearances and don't pricematch each other.

[quote name='sp00ge']Most likely not. B&M and online run different prices/clearances and don't pricematch each other.[/QUOTE]

thats what i figured, after i posted i skimmed the thread and nobody got it online. im going to try to PM it at circuit city tomorrow

Hey I didnt get in on the deal, I always get happy when i see the deal with new comments but to my suprise still dead. So if it isnt too much trouble (and by the way thanks for posting the thread, would've made my month if I got in it) but I say we label this thread as dead for no more false hope.

You can still pull it up from the tru website. Search by Live Vision Cam. Itll pull up just the camera, but in the right hand side there are recommended products related to the camera. The bundle is the last option. I printed it out on my laser printer and the temp not available online doesnt show up due to the shading. Gonna try this tomorrow especially with the date/website stamp at the bottom of the printed page.

beat...i came home with my $40 PMed bundle from CC..and i noticed the seals were cut...i opened the box and the headset and 1 year card were missing. : (

on another note, anyone think we could use those cheap preorder pages from walmart.com to get a price match once they come out? ($20 for brawl, $30 for vegas 2, etc)

Circuit City will price match an online deal like this? What do you have to do: show them the website or take in a print screen? Did they give you a hard time about it?

Thank you!

all you have to do is print out that picture some1 posted earlier..bring it in..and ask for a price match..i was too busy worrying about being told "no" or being questioned that i didnt realize the bundle i bought was open (like i said before half the stuff was missing so now i have to return it)

I stopped by my local Sears after class to see if I could price match this. It took awhile to just find get a salesperson in the understaffed electronics section. She went through a long process to pricematch the thing.

First she looked at my print out, then she went to the Toys 'R' Us website to confirm that it was indeed there. Then she had a lengthy conversation with the local Toys 'R' Us to find if they had any in stock. They had three but she luckily didn't understand that the person was trying to tell her that the $40 price was only on their website or for the camera without the bundle. After all that she went through a long process of calling other people and getting another person to come by and approve it.

Over all I spent about 45 minutes in the store. I would have bought the other one they had as well (they had two) but I thought that was a bit greedy since I only needed one myself. Also, she was pretty suspicious of the whole thing.

Anyway, it came to $38 tax and all. I'm pleased.

[quote name='troy2007']Circuit City will price match an online deal like this? What do you have to do: show them the website or take in a print screen? Did they give you a hard time about it?

Thank you![/QUOTE]
Circuit City price matched it for me, no problem. Just take a printout of the web page (printed out for me on two pages) and show the cashier when you bring up the bundle. I walked out in 5 minutes and spent $40 for the entire package.

[quote name='danh920']anybody got a copy of the printout that they could email me?[/quote]
I posted a screenshot and a link to the google cache a few pages ago. Also the product page is back on toysrus.com.

My local CC (which has PMed online prices before) shot me down. They told me they PM, but not online prices. :roll: I didn't bother to challenge it and went on with my day. I have too little time to drive all around town to save $35 on this and CC was my best shot. I may try WM, but I'm not going to go out of my way for this. Oh well. At least I got a 13 month XBL card for $27 from Dell.

The moron manager at CC in Cary, NC said they wouldn't price match this deal because they diont PM "services". He used the argument that since it comes with a subscription card, it is considered a service. What a jerk!

So can we still buy it from TRU or not?

I see the link, but will it actually go through?
and does the GCO work on it to save 10?

thanks.

[quote name='jonboy71']The moron manager at CC in Cary, NC said they wouldn't price match this deal because they diont PM "services". He used the argument that since it comes with a subscription card, it is considered a service. What a jerk![/QUOTE]
I brought up the bundle to the girl who rang me up. It's a product, not a cable subscription. Plus it comes with camera hardware and a headset, MS points, and two games. That's not a service, it's a product bundle.

[quote name='McNutsack']So can we still buy it from TRU or not?

I see the link, but will it actually go through?
and does the GCO work on it to save 10?

thanks.[/quote]

Did you click on the link? If the link says "Temporarily not available" like it looks like from my computer, then no, you can't buy it from TRU.com. It's out of stock. I don't think TRU.com's Google Checkout uses the same deal that Buy.com has, but I could be wrong, but I don't think the extra $10 off for new users to GCO works there.

[quote name='spideymike']No offense, but shouldn't you try first at your local Toys R Us, Circuit City, Best Buy, or Wal-Mart or are you not in driving distance of any of them?[/quote]

I am in driving distance but my tru cc and best buy are evil and they shoot down almost anything.

I tried printing out the page but the price wouldn't show up. No matter what i did, including changing the printer settings. It wouldn't show, even in print preview. Any ideas?

[quote name='raheel616']I am in driving distance but my tru cc and best buy are evil and they shoot down almost anything.[/quote]

Well, then it sounds like we're both in the same boat. :cry:

I just brought the OOS picture from google to BB and was able to get it PM'ed.

The manager insisted on calling a store to confirm the price and the stock and went to call the store. By some weird act of the cheapass gods, he came back 5 minutes later and entered his codes and let the transaction go through!

I'm a little confused that BB, Sears, etc are calling other TRU stores to confirm the price - especially since TRU B&M stores aren't selling it for $39.99. Weird, but congrats!

bread's done
Back