Xbox 360 locks on xbox live

jkg2k3

CAGiversary!
I've been having problems with my 360 locking up while downloading large files over live. I've cleared my cache, and even bought a new hard drive and the problem still is happening. Any advice is much appreciated.

How're you connecting to your router? Wired? Wireless?

Also, do you have the ports opened for XBL? Stuck your 360 in your router's DMZ?

[quote name='shrike4242']Stuck your 360 in your router's DMZ?[/QUOTE]

Now that just sounds dirty, shrike. :lol:

[quote name='shrike4242']How're you connecting to your router? Wired? Wireless?

Also, do you have the ports opened for XBL? Stuck your 360 in your router's DMZ?[/QUOTE]

It's wireless and I don't have the ports opened for XBL. I'll look into that. Thanks for the advice.

[quote name='HydroX']Now that just sounds dirty, shrike. :lol:[/QUOTE]I guess we'll start using DMZ = pooper? :whistle2:s

[quote name='jkg2k3']It's wireless and I don't have the ports opened for XBL. I'll look into that. Thanks for the advice.[/QUOTE]Putting it into the router's DMZ will have it out on the Internet in front of the firewall, so everything will be open. Doing port forwarding and port opening will keep it behind the firewall, though all the traffic you need open to get to it.

Checking the router's firmware for updates is also a good idea.

Shrike, Port forwarding didn't help, but replacing my router did. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Glad to hear replacing the router helped. I would have suggested that if port forwarding, DMZing it and upgrading the FW of the router didn't fix it.

bread's done
Back