Xbox 360 Messenger kits + Headset + PGR 4 + 12 month gold sub for $58 at amazon

Breaking it down:
A good 12 month Live deal is $30 (recently from BestBuy)
Messenger Kits are $25 on Amazon
PGR4 $13 used from Gamefly (if you get free shipping)
---------------------------
Saving $10 (assuming you want that game)

It's the next best thing if you missed out on the BestBuy deal and you want a messaging kit.

If you are comparing it to full price 12mo memberships, it's a really cool deal.

[quote name='voidedx']Breaking it down:
A good 12 month Live deal is $30 (recently from BestBuy)
Messenger Kits are $25 on Amazon
PGR4 $13 used from Gamefly (if you get free shipping)
---------------------------
Saving $10 (assuming you want that game)

It's the next best thing if you missed out on the BestBuy deal and you want a messaging kit.

If you are comparing it to full price 12mo memberships, it's a really cool deal.[/QUOTE]
And with the recent Twitter and facebook update a messaging kit would be Ideal.

What makes it an even better deal (and why Ive purchased 2 in the last week for various reasons) it stacks with game credits from various preorders and such...

Good way to use them up if you dont need any games...

this popped up in my gold box 2 days ago. I didn't have the cash at the time but do now. I am trying to get it to pop up again as I'd really like a chat pad. I actually do a lot of msging on my 360 with IRL friends and people im close with on live. The fact that it lights up makes it pretty cool. anyone know the trade in value for this game?

tiv is $1.25 at amazon hell just save the game n give it to some one along with another game for x mas.

Heads up.. Gamestop also has it for 59.99 (for those who have trade in credit they want to use..) I am going there soon to pick up my copy of L4D2. I still have $80 trade in left so I may pick it up.. I am currently without live, a mic, and the keyboard would be nice... The game is another plus.

Like someone already said. This goes great with the new Facebook and Twitter updates. I got mine a long time ago for about the same price so it's great to see it come back around again.

amazon of course sweetens the deal with no tax (at least here in texas) and free shipping! If this doesnt pop up in my gold box again soon i'll have to jump on this. with gamestop hitting this price too, is it a global price drop or what?

I wonder if ECA code will work with this?

Anyone have one in their system and can confirm? Hope ECA codes come back soon....

If I didn't already own PGR4 I'd probably go for this... I think I'll pass though, only thing in there that I don't have is the chat pad and I rarely ever send messages that aren't voice messages.

[quote name='leesiulung']I wonder if ECA code will work with this?

Anyone have one in their system and can confirm? Hope ECA codes come back soon....[/QUOTE]

I heard ECA codes no longer worked with subscription and point cards. But since this is bundled with a game, it might qualify as a game. I hope ECA comes back soon though.

[quote name='Virsago']It's been at $58 for the past few months....[/QUOTE]
Yep, I also got it from Buy.com a year ago for $55

[quote name='Sharp Katana']I heard ECA codes no longer worked with subscription and point cards. But since this is bundled with a game, it might qualify as a game. I hope ECA comes back soon though.[/QUOTE]

All ECA codes have expired even the last "J" codes. It happened in Monday Afternoon. So forget counting on ECA codes ever working again since they won't bring back new ones.

Let's hope so. I would really like to have this as a christmass gift.
p.gif

[quote name='leesiulung']I wonder if ECA code will work with this?

Anyone have one in their system and can confirm? Hope ECA codes come back soon....[/QUOTE]

according to Hal @ ECA its not coming back :bomb:

hmm i kind of want a messenger kit, but i don't need a gold subscription til next september and i have no interest in PGR. Any good deals on the messenger kit alone?

[quote name='samueltehg33k']And with the recent Twitter and facebook update a messaging kit would be Ideal.[/QUOTE]

Facebook is pretty craptastic on the 360. I really can't imagine ever using it. Twitter isn't any better. Maybe they will make them better later on, but without a web browser it's never going to be terribly useful.

Having said that, the Messenger Kit is handy for entering info on the 360. However, note that it also adds a fair amount of bulk and weight to the 360 controller. I don't like to keep it connected as a result. Still, I'm glad I have one for the occasions when I want to enter info. Really I'd much rather they just allow you to hook a USB (or wireless preferably) keyboard to the 360 for occasions when you want to type. Actually, I don't know if that is possible or not - perhaps it is?

Oh, and it's white, so if you've got some other color controller that may or may not bother you.

[quote name='crunchewy']Having said that, the Messenger Kit is handy for entering info on the 360. However, note that it also adds a fair amount of bulk and weight to the 360 controller. I don't like to keep it connected as a result. [/QUOTE]

Its funny you mention that because I love the extra weight that the messenger kit adds. I really do not like using the controller that doesnt have it on there.

[quote name='gpthree']Its funny you mention that because I love the extra weight that the messenger kit adds. I really do not like using the controller that doesnt have it on there.[/QUOTE]

I don't like playing with the chat pad attached either... not because of the weight, but because it doesn't agree with my gamepad "gripping". It reduces the amount of rounded edge that's on the controller on the thumb side of my palms and it's uncomfortable for me.

[quote name='crunchewy']Facebook is pretty craptastic on the 360. I really can't imagine ever using it. Twitter isn't any better. Maybe they will make them better later on, but without a web browser it's never going to be terribly useful.

Having said that, the Messenger Kit is handy for entering info on the 360. However, note that it also adds a fair amount of bulk and weight to the 360 controller. I don't like to keep it connected as a result. Still, I'm glad I have one for the occasions when I want to enter info. Really I'd much rather they just allow you to hook a USB (or wireless preferably) keyboard to the 360 for occasions when you want to type. Actually, I don't know if that is possible or not - perhaps it is?

Oh, and it's white, so if you've got some other color controller that may or may not bother you.[/QUOTE]

I use a pretty standard Logitech USB keyboard for entering stuff like activation codes, or for just replaying to friends messages.

I didn't know if you could use a USB keyboard. Definitely good to know and I'd suggest that over the messenger pad definitely.

[quote name='Sharp Katana']I heard ECA codes no longer worked with subscription and point cards. But since this is bundled with a game, it might qualify as a game. I hope ECA comes back soon though.[/QUOTE]

Amazon basically screwed us over period. I blame the ppl who got in for free. But yeah ...give up now on a eca discount on amazon.

:( sigh.

bread's done
Back