Xbox 360 Mortal Kombat Tournament Stick $39.97 @Gamestop.com

MetalMegaGio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Sorry If this has been posted before.I was just browsing around gamestop.com and I saw that the tournament stick dropped in price. I figured some people might be interested in this so I posted it here. Looks pretty cool I might order one but I am not so sure I would use it a lot.

Mortal Kombat Tournament Stick

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/accessories/xbox-360-mortal-kombat-tournament-stick/91093

Mortal Kombat Klassic Fight Stick

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/accessories/xbox-360-mortal-kombat-klassic-fight-stick/90872

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got two Mk tourney pads and two MK classic pads. I bought all of them when they were first released at full retail and regret nothing (thought I did sell they extra games and all promo codes that came in the bundles). I am not sure about the PS3 pads but the 360 pads work with PC and 360. I do a lot of MAME action and TMNT/xmen/simpsons/etc action on the 360 so they have pretty much paid for themselves. My only regret is that they don't work with Castle Crashers.

I got the TE MK stick on release specifically for MK and ended up just using my Madcatz TE. It's just oversized. The stick and buttons are way too far spaced for comfort.

Honestly, I 100% regret buying it. I ended up selling it for $60 later on. It's just too big and the layout doesn't allow for many comfortable setups outside of MK.

If you plan on using this outside of MK then I definitely don't recommend it, the layout just doesn't lend itself to other fighting games. Still pretty decent for other simple arcade games with 1-2 buttons.

With that said, i bought one back at MSRP when it came out (the TE) and later the Klassic Fightstick by itself. Both are amazing, and to my surprise the PS3 version works without issues on my PC, didn't need MotionJoy or any other drivers. Simply plug & play. 

Shame MKKE on the PC is literally dead (less than 2+ months after release). But still feels great to finally play this game and the previous classics (MK1,MK2,UMK3) on a PROPER MK Layout, 

Just to let you all know that this deal is still live with limited availability. 

The MK Classic Fightstick (360+PS3) are still $39.97.  Looks like the MK9 Tournament Fightsticks are sold out.

Just check the search function within the GS website.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-mortal+kombat+stick,28zu0

I picked up the MK TE Xbox 360 stick over the weekend.  I had a store hold it for me for a few days.  When I picked it up, he said they were all very happy to finally get rid of the stick since its been there for over 2 years.  I said I was glad to help!

Looks like both versions (MK Klassic & MK9 Tournament Edition) are pretty hard to find nowdays. Can't reiterate how nice these are despite manufactured by PDP...They probably outsourced it, LOL!

Slightly OT: I've got a spare MK9 TE stick (PS3; mint condition with retail box) for sale if anyone in the Dallas, TX area's interested to pick up for $75. PM me if you're interested, thanks!

bread's done
Back