Xbox 360 Official VGA & Component Cables $9.98 @ TRU YMMV

Malik112099

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I was just at one of my local TRU's (Henderson, NV) and all the official VGA/Component cables for the 360 were marked at $9.98. They are also having the 20% off all clearance sale which puts these at $8 (I dont know how long the sale is going on though).

Should be already listed in the TRU clearance thread.

I picked up the only one at my store for $20 about a month ago. Probably very YMMV now with the price drop.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']nice deal, i wish i could pick it up but henderson is too far away from summerlin[/quote]

there's a TRU by Meadows Mall you could try...I dont know of any others in the area though

As a question, is the hdmi on the 360 better than using component cables? I ask 'cause I have a monitor that I use my ps3 on, via hdmi, and it has another input, component.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']As a question, is the hdmi on the 360 better than using component cables? I ask 'cause I have a monitor that I use my ps3 on, via hdmi, and it has another input, component.[/quote]

as far as quality I can't tell the difference. However I believe component doesn't output 1080p

[quote name='KSHLove']as far as quality I can't tell the difference. However I believe component doesn't output 1080p[/quote]

Component can do 1080p. It depends on the monitor/tv you are using. My tv can do 1080p through component without any problems.

I don't know about you guys, but VGA looks miles better than component. I'd even say component looks bad :/ Get VGA if you can. Since my tv only has one hdmi port, i use the first party VGA cable for my 360 and monoprice hdmi on my triple.

I can confirm the price at the Lewisville, TX store. I feel stupid for buying the VGA cable at $19.99 6 weeks ago.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Only for games.[/quote]

not true. Just because you can't get HD DVD in 1080p over component doesn't mean you can't put other movies on a usb drive and watch them in 1080p

man, i bought one a few days ago and it looks like crap on my tv. I'm sticking with component. i don't know which tv's it's good for, buy my sammy hates it.

i just picked up the last 2 at the alhambra,ca TRU. the guy said that they had the wireless headsets for $30 bux too but sold out already.

Component is better, but I have a VGA cable to plug my 360 directly into a flatpanel computer monitor. (Annoying at times, since many games, like Oblivion force the games into anamorphic widescreen.) Also, the VGA cables only officially support to 1080i, according to the package.

And, yes, if you're watching a DiVX movie or something, it'll ship 1080p. The 480p lock is only for DVDs.

[quote name='von551']man, i bought one a few days ago and it looks like crap on my tv. I'm sticking with component. i don't know which tv's it's good for, buy my sammy hates it.[/quote]

I have a 56" samsung DLP and the VGA looks amazing

[quote name='Malik112099']I have a 56" samsung DLP and the VGA looks amazing[/quote]

mine's LCD, maybe DLP projects it better than LCD displays. waste of my money and time.

[quote name='von551']mine's LCD, maybe DLP projects it better than LCD displays. waste of my money and time.[/quote]

did you try the black compensation settings for LCDs?

[quote name='Malik112099']not true. Just because you can't get HD DVD in 1080p over component doesn't mean you can't put other movies on a usb drive and watch them in 1080p[/QUOTE]

Proof?

You're the only person I've ever heard say that, and I can't find any confirmation.

[quote name='Malik112099']did you try the black compensation settings for LCDs?[/quote]

Or tweaking the 360 VGA resolution settings? VGA doesn't always automatically set the best resolution for the TV, and has to be changed in the display settings on the 360.

My 37" LCD looked weird at first, until I changed the output resolution.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Proof?

You're the only person I've ever heard say that, and I can't find any confirmation.[/quote]
Get a 1080P/720P divx or h.264 movie from the net and play it on your 360. It's not downscaling it. Conversely, I don't think it upscales files that are smaller resolutions either (over component).

And VGA cables look 'natural.' I was offset by the duller colors at first compared to component as well. But after playing around with my plasma's VGA settings and setting the 360's reference levels to Expanded, I am really liking how games look.

They are softer, clearer, and made me realize that some of the areas that I thought were black on component were actually oversaturated. On VGA everything shows up nicely. Not to mention how great movies look.

Though the dashboard still stays the same, duller-than-component though. Make sure you test your settings on a game or movie when you're adjusting your TVs.

just got back from Montebello, ca TRU, they had 3 vga cables left after i picked one up, they also had the Halo Wireless headset for 31 and some change

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Proof?

You're the only person I've ever heard say that, and I can't find any confirmation.[/quote]

[quote name='artego']Get a 1080P/720P divx or h.264 movie from the net and play it on your 360.[/quote]

what he said....

I tried using a vga cable with my 360 and 40" samsung lcd hdtv and I was not happy. It had what looked like a ghosted image. This was with the max resolution.

[quote name='blackhole82']I tried using a vga cable with my 360 and 40" samsung lcd hdtv and I was not happy. It had what looked like a ghosted image. This was with the max resolution.[/quote]

the sharper image of VGA cables can make ghosting on tv's with slow response times more noticable

[quote name='Malik112099']what he said....[/QUOTE]

Kinda hard to tell on a SDTV.

Point being, this is the first I've ever heard about it.

These cables in my area are $7.48 on clearance but it's hard to find them now, I got one out in Farifax, VA and the guy was super nice. He told me come in once a month and ask him about clearance on M Rate games as they go down in price rapidly.

[quote name='Malik112099']did you try the black compensation settings for LCDs?[/quote]

yup, my 360's already on expanded and messed with the course and fine settings on my tv too to try to sharpen the fuzzy text. no dice, i'm happy with RGB, just though VGA would make my SD DVD's look better, but my tv already upscales them, so no diff.

I picked up one at the TRU on Merritt Island, Florida.

They also had the official component and remote control for the same price.

06-21-08_1403.jpg
06-21-08_1404.jpg
06-21-08_1405.jpg

my SD dvds look 50x better through VGA then on component on my sammy. def worthwhile if you use your 360 as a dvd player (which i do)

Yeah I picked up the last few with Mafia at the Newington, CT a few weeks ago.

I can say that it really depends on your TV. Because I have a 32 inch Plasma Vizio and it looked really washed out no matter what settings I had on. If you read the amazon reviews some people like them, and some don't depending on their TV. I was one that didn't.

Regardless, I'll keep one around when I either get a new LCD PC monitor down the road or decide to run the 360 on the PC monitor.

Now I just gota blow my load on one of those HDMI conversion kits for the 360 which I can't find cheap anywhere.

Actually more than 2 months ago I picked it up for $6.94 at the TRU in Fairfax, VA. I had bought one previous (1 week before for $11.97 clearance, so I just returned that one the same day...was still in my car). Now I use it on my VGA port on my LCD and the games that support 1080p look amazing compared to the component cable.

bread's done
Back