xbox 360 only 259.99 shipped

I read it, reread it, then read it a third time. Still can't find the small or hidden print that screams out "scam"

I don't know, just sounds too good to be true I guess?

This is my guess:

He completed 2 of those pyramid schemes, and is now selling the XBOX 360's. Why he would sell it $60-$110 less than MSRP is the strange part.

this guy prolly needs some money right now... BADLY... this way he will get some cash in advance, and he will tkae a hit later on.

A few weeks ago I noticed another seller, also w/ good feedback, preselling PS3s for around this price. It seems too good to be true and I'm not sure if there's anything the seller could do to prove that he'd come through, other than point you to his previous feedback.

why would a guy selling xbox 360's also be selling a bunch of old crappy games? if his "supplier" could get him something besides blitz 2003 and a spy hunter GH...

Like someone said he probably has completed some of those free sites and just wants the money for it now. It doesn't matter that he's selling it cheap, anything is still a profit for him. Even if he paid like $20 for his referrals, he would still be making a profit for nothing. I don't know if I would buy into this deal though, but if he comes through its probably the best price you will get for a year or two after launch.

More than likely the guy is trying to borrow your money and then return it saying the systems are unavailable when it launches.

OR

Just keep your cash because if i'm not mistaken you only have like 60 or 90 days to complain through paypal for a refund.....

either way i'd stay away! If it sounds to good to be true..........................

"The total amount that you will pay for your XBOX 360 is $259.99...this
includes your shipping/handling and even insurance."

I think he needs money really bad or someone told him that 360 are going to be $199.99. So he thinks he is making some nice coin. Amazing though he has 14 left.

DON'T BE A DUMMY

If you guys bid on these auctions you are crazy. No one retailer will get a better deal on a console then any other retailer. The game companies don't turn a profit off the systems most times, and are taking a cost hit right off the bat at the price you pay for the console.

THe PSP/PS3/Xbox 360 deals are all scams. If anyone bids it could be friends. Or, it's possible it's a stolen account which has been happening via ebay and paypal due to scam emails. You do this, the seller won't be responsible to pay you back anything because... if it's stolen... well.

360 COMES OUT IN NOV. & ITS JULY ABOUT 120 DAYS FROM LAUNCH, IN 90 DAYS THE AUCTION DISSAPEARS OFF YOUR FEEDBACK LIST & EBAY/PAYPAL LEAVE YOU FLAT ON YOUR ASS!!, BUYER BEWARE...sorry for the caps but just really wanted to point that info out...

[quote name='Epic Wolf']360 COMES OUT IN NOV. & ITS JULY ABOUT 120 DAYS FROM LAUNCH, IN 90 DAYS THE AUCTION DISSAPEARS OFF YOUR FEEDBACK LIST & EBAY/PAYPAL LEAVE YOU FLAT ON YOUR ASS!!, BUYER BEWARE...sorry for the caps but just really wanted to point that info out...[/QUOTE]

Also, even though credit card companies give you your money back, they probably wouldnt do it if its 120 days after the purchase.

This statement alone turns me off:

"The ONLY method of payment is PAYPAL Paypal payment is due within IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!"

Most ebay auctions at least give you 3-5 days to send money, no reason that the person needs it up front right away like that.

EDIT: I'll just stick to the referral sites (yes a very cheap promotion, oh, and by the way don't forget to click on one my links for a free PS3 or Xbox 360 /end cheap throw-in) :p

100% SCAM.

If it's too good to be true, it most likely isn't.

Look at the signs.

The Most obvious being the 259 price tag before microsoft even announces a price!
Immediate Payment required? i smell a scam.
My personal favorite of them all...

about 3 or 4 of these 260 dollar auctions have poped up. SAME WORDING FOR ALL OF THEM.

SCAM SCAM SCAM

Who would sell a 360 for 250 when 2 weeks before christmas, a new released ps2 was selling for 800 due to the demand?

Scamalicious.

Heres what'll probably happen,
He gets all your money in say August.
As soon as Novmeber comes up, he's gone and leaves ebay and scams you out of your money.
Paypal only like gives you your money back i think like 30 days after transaction. Idk, i wouldnt do it

[quote name='Epic Wolf']360 COMES OUT IN NOV. & ITS JULY ABOUT 120 DAYS FROM LAUNCH, IN 90 DAYS THE AUCTION DISSAPEARS OFF YOUR FEEDBACK LIST & EBAY/PAYPAL LEAVE YOU FLAT ON YOUR ASS!!, BUYER BEWARE...sorry for the caps but just really wanted to point that info out...[/QUOTE]

Yea I was wondering about this also. I mean once it is unlisted off of EBAY does it mean that no actions can be taken against the purchase any longer correct?

Ok. How about locking this topic already.
Everyone is pointing to a scam so why not just lock this up already. Damn everyone is saying the same thing every post.

I vote for scam. Yes he looks as legit as a person with less than 200 feedback can that's the point.

Preorders on ebay from non-reputable sellers = scam 99.99% of the time. I got screwed the same way buying preorder boxes of Magic cards awhile ago.

After the 60 days or whatever Paypal gives you...you're screwed. NOTHING can get you your money back unless you pay via credit card and you can get a chargeback from your CC company (assuming it's not too late).

There is a 0% chance you will get your 360 if you bid on it.

Edit: yay everybody already knows it's a scam I should read what other ppl post. i agree with lock

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM. just thought i'd share.

Use your head, if it's too good to be true, it usually isn't.... true.... or good.... or whatever... you know what i'm trying to say!

yeah go ahead and lock/delete this thread.

LOL, look at the first feedback listed. The first Xbox 360 buyer has 1 feedback and has already left feedback for him. Either the seller set up another account to bid on one and leave feedback or the buyer is just incredibly stupid. What a half-assed scam.

These guys should rot in jail.. EBAY so stupid to not get these mofos banned. Blacklist their IP/username or whatever. They shouldnt even be allowed to submit a auction where the merchandise isnt even available to the general public.

Don't know if this has been mentioned (just skimmed the thread) but eBay has a upper limit for how far in advance you can do pre-orders. I believe it's 30 days in advance. This would obviously violate that one.

I wouldn't take a chance on this one. Building up an id with ~150 FB wouldn't be that tough if you were planning to cash in for a couple thousand dollars on an auction like this. And when you don't get anything in 90 days you wouldn't be complaining yet as the 360 wouldn't be out. By the time it was released and you don't get anything the time limit to dispute with PayPal, your CC, etc. would have all come and gone.

It *could* be legit I suppose, but way too risky.

REPORT'D

Pre-sale listings are those that describe items for sale that are not in the control or possession of the seller at the time of the listing. These listings generally consist of items that are sold in advance of a delivery date to the public.

eBay permits Pre-sale listings only on a limited basis. The seller must guarantee that the item will be available for shipping within 30 days from the date of purchase (i.e., the day the listing ends or the date the item is purchased from a store front listing). The seller must also clearly indicate within the listing the fact that the item is a pre-sale item with a delivery date that indicates the item will be shipped by the 30th day from the end date of the listing. Additionally, this text must be no less than the default font size of the eBay Sell-Your-Item form. Currently, the default font size is HTML font size 3.

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

* Listing cancellation
* Limits on account privileges
* Account suspension
* Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings
* Loss of PowerSeller status

Dave

[quote name='gopro']Ok. How about locking this topic already.
Everyone is pointing to a scam so why not just lock this up already. Damn everyone is saying the same thing every post.[/QUOTE]
Cant help but agree with you, it's a scam people nothing else to look at here, move on...

No, you can pat me on the back. And the feds don't give a shit.

The bad part is I think someone else bought one before he was shut down. At least they will be notified and have a shot at a chargeback

Dave

bread's done
Back