XBox 360 premium already $700 ($850 now!) on ebay

Impressive, but I wouldn't automatically take that as a sign of what's to come for everyone planning buy 5 systems and ebay 4 of them.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Impressive, but I wouldn't automatically take that as a sign of what's to come for everyone planning buy 5 systems and ebay 4 of them.[/QUOTE]

the question is, where does one get 5 systems?

well, some people do have the system in hand... anyway, i dont know if it will stay that high, the ebay market will be flooded with them come this week and next, but then again it is christmas... man i have about 12 hours to decide if im going to do this or not

my brother: the more the outrageous the price the better the chance the buyer is a pain in the ass
my brother: just like girls and the hotness factor

i was just looking on ebay, look at this

Video Game Systems
Platform
Microsoft Xbox 360 (2830)

nearly 3,000 systems on ebay, goodness, how long will the 800 dollar price last

[quote name='Wlogan31']What is everyone's consensus? Should I try to get one to Ebay or not?[/QUOTE]

No, Please don't ;) ....so I can sell my bundle.

[quote name='Wlogan31']What is everyone's consensus? Should I try to get one to Ebay or not?[/QUOTE]

You're looking for consensus? You've come to the wrong place!

My advice? No, don't go to eBay for an X360.

w/almost 3000 xboxes on ebay, unless you're providing free overnight shipping or some type of super deal, i wouldn't bother putting it up for auction.

[quote name='Larsin']w/almost 3000 xboxes on ebay, unless you're providing free overnight shipping or some type of super deal, i wouldn't bother putting it up for auction.[/QUOTE]

As long as there a demand, 3000 shouldn't scare you.

Damn...now I'm thinking about buying a few...Shoot...hate...Cag... fuck.

Hmm.. I was contemplating on whether to ebay my only 360 since I'm short on cash, but if the market is this big, I might just hold onto it until closer to Christmas time (or just keep it). The price might be even going up by Christmas comes.

I sold 2 for $600 buy it now a couple weeks ago and then convinced both buyers to let me refund the paypal and them send me a money order by reducing the price by the money paypal would've charged me to accept the $600 from them. I'd rather get what I got with ZERO chance of a chargeback than take the chance of being out the money for the 360, shipping and fees PLUS the $600 when someone scams you! I'll still make a nice profit on each system.

I expect alot of paypal horror stories after this is said and done. Paypal is way to much on the buyers side.........

Now luckily I was able to get one preorder from a friend who is broke and wasn't gonna get his 360 and i'll be heading a store here in a couple hours to camp with 4 other people who are all buying systems.

After Wednesday I expect to see prices drop ones ebay gets hit with the flood of systems. Same thing happened to the PSP. I m sure they will still go for $100-$150 over norml retail, but thats it.

If you're ebaying the system, do it now - as in, sell it within the next 2-3 days. This uber-high price thing will not last long. And if I'm wrong, I'll eat a bug.

[quote name='$hady']I sold 2 for $600 buy it now a couple weeks ago and then convinced both buyers to let me refund the paypal and them send me a money order by reducing the price by the money paypal would've charged me to accept the $600 from them. I'd rather get what I got with ZERO chance of a chargeback than take the chance of being out the money for the 360, shipping and fees PLUS the $600 when someone scams you! I'll still make a nice profit on each system.

I expect alot of paypal horror stories after this is said and done. Paypal is way to much on the buyers side.........

Now luckily I was able to get one preorder from a friend who is broke and wasn't gonna get his 360 and i'll be heading a store here in a couple hours to camp with 4 other people who are all buying systems.[/QUOTE]

You are right on with your assessment...If you guys are going to ebay your extra consoles...Which I strongly recommend...Send it to the buyer via usps with delivery confirmation, meaning there is a signature on the other end for the person who received it...This way you cover your ass...If someone has a day off tomorrow, you should hit up every store in the area...These will sell for close to a grand up until xmas...This is gonna get crazy just like the ps2 launch days...I'm feel like demand might be through the roof, I hope I'm wrong, like I was when the gamecube and xbox launched...I told one of my buddies that season to buy as many as possible...He bought 45 cubes at best buy...his gf was loaded with the dough...The receipt was ridiculous, like $9,000, he barely turned a profit on the first batch that he sold, I felt bad...He ended up returning a lot of them though

delivery confirmation doesnt get you a signature, it only confirms that the mailman delivers it/drops it off. you'll probably need to either insure it or get certified/signature confirmation. just fyi for those doing it

[quote name='iheartmetal']i was just looking on ebay, look at this

Video Game Systems
Platform
Microsoft Xbox 360 (2830)

nearly 3,000 systems on ebay, goodness, how long will the 800 dollar price last[/QUOTE]
You do realize how many of those are listings for those wholesale list scams?

Well, when we were in line a few people who had internet through their cell phones were saying 360s were going for over a thousand on Ebay. But now that I'm home I see they're going for quite a bit less now. I could still sell it and make a couple hundred bucks profit, but that's not really worth it to me.

I read that ebay's stock actually jumped a percent right before the 360 launch. The prediction is that 75% of pre-ordered 360s are going to end up on ebay. If the weather hadn't been so shitty here last night, I would have had one on ebay right now.

[quote name='tavarua88']delivery confirmation doesnt get you a signature, it only confirms that the mailman delivers it/drops it off. you'll probably need to either insure it or get certified/signature confirmation. just fyi for those doing it[/QUOTE]
If anyone doesn't send a 360 with insurance + signature confirmation, they're a fucking moron.

Delivery Confirmation isn't the same as signature confirmation, as stated above.

The DC form is a neon-green form, and doesn't force a signature, and having insurance + DC doesn't always guarantee a signature requirement, though most times it does.

The SC form is neon-pink in color, and always forces a signature, no matter if insurance is there or not.

Anyone shipping a console, get SC + insurance, and do it at the PO, since Paypal is a little funny on getting insurance amounts over $200, the last time I tried to ship a box that was worth $200. The PO will let you do insurance at the window up to $5000, if memory serves.

I would like to meet some of the people throwing down $3000+ for a 360 on eBay so I could ask them what the hell they're thinking.

How many other people were able to secure more than 1 unit with the plan to sell extra consoles on e-bay to cover the cost of their own personal 360? I know I can't be the only one...

[quote name='mick16']How many other people were able to secure more than 1 unit with the plan to sell extra consoles on e-bay to cover the cost of their own personal 360? I know I can't be the only one...[/QUOTE]

If my Walmart.com order arrives. Im one of them too. My CC was charged and it supposedly shipped so im just waiting for that.

bread's done
Back