Xbox 360 Premium (like new) $239 +ship at overstockdealz.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
That just screams "DO NOT BUY." What with the shady site name and the "like new" product. Never know if you're getting a 360 that's been banned from Live.

[quote name='Tsukento']That just screams "DO NOT BUY." What with the shady site name and the "like new" product. Never know if you're getting a 360 that's been banned from Live.[/quote]

Or if it even has a waranty left

Haven't you posted that in EVERY thread about used xbox 360s thus far... you should make a damn bulletin board just so people posting about used 360s can read it.

I think this is the 5th time ive seen this, this week. Everytime everyone screams DONT DO IT! But someone always does ^_^

Maybe someone should post a sticky saying NO threads about this site! lol... save everyone the trouble from being burned

I post this again for those that do consider buying from here:

http://data.middletennessee.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=32000377

[quote name='BBB']Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record wiith the Bureau due to the volume, pattern and failure to answer complaints.

The majority of complaints allege that the company sells defective merchandise.

When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

The Bureau processed a total of 90 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 90 complaints closed in 36 months, 12 were closed in the last year.[/quote]

So yeah, close this thread already.

[quote name='linkpwns']Haven't you posted that in EVERY thread about used xbox 360s thus far... you should make a damn bulletin board just so people posting about used 360s can read it.[/quote]
Wasn't me. You're thinking of someone else. :p This would be the first time I even mention something like that.

I bought my 360 from them a couple of weeks ago when it was 199.99 and I have no problems at all. A friend bought one from there as well and his is working fine.

I bought one and it was shoing red ring of death out of the box. Also like new seems to mean dirty with broken power button (button didn't click. You just had to push it really hard to get the system to turn on). I sent it back for refund... and lost $30 in shipping that would not be refunded.

DO NOT BUY!!!!!

If you want to save some money on an X360, find some place that will take a 10% or 20% off coupon and buy the core pack. that should save you $30 to $50. Then buy a hard drive and headset off of ebay. You can get both of those relatively cheap. By the time you are done, you should be able to have a premium pack for a little more than the cost of the core pack retail.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Are the people who keep posting about this stupid site all shills for it? Seems likely.[/QUOTE]
Yes, I'm sure he joined back in 2004 and posted 127 entirely legitimate and unrelated things just so he could shill one time in the summer of 2007.

*SHRUG* I didn't bother looking at when he joined. Still, it makes no sense. Why would someone post what's clearly a scam? Why would three people (or more) all post what's clearly a scam within a few days of each other?

Accounts could be hacked, purchased, who knows.

[quote name='Wolfpup']*SHRUG* I didn't bother looking at when he joined. Still, it makes no sense. Why would someone post what's clearly a scam? Why would three people (or more) all post what's clearly a scam within a few days of each other?
Accounts could be hacked, purchased, who knows.[/QUOTE]

Because "clearly" is subjective. I don't think it's a scam. I just think it's a company with poor service selling an already unreliable product. To some people that's still a valid trade off to save a chunk of money.

[quote name='Wolfpup']*SHRUG* I didn't bother looking at when he joined. Still, it makes no sense. Why would someone post what's clearly a scam? Why would three people (or more) all post what's clearly a scam within a few days of each other?
[/quote]

Because sites like this can make quite a bit of money if they have 1 broken per every few working. They make it a pain in the ass to return the broken machine. So you will get 1 out of every so many bad units(or reverse whatever) that will work.

They are basically doing and getting exactly the reaction that they want. Per so many who report it as being bad, you get one that reports it as good.... Personally for me, I want over a 95% good rating with good return results and paid shipping. Some are more happy with 50% its up to them I suspose. Most of us will not fall for this crap as we have all seen it or probably been apart of it before...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back