XBOX 360 Premium + remote. $292.49 shipped. Open box item @ Consumer Depot

velvet396

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Also ripped from slickdeals dot net, promise it's the last time.
It's my birthday, so be forgiving today.
Thread:
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?p=6282293&highlight=xbox#post6282293
Deal link:
http://www.consumerdepot.com/products.asp?id=XBOX360-PREMR

Condition:
Complete, in Original Packaging with All Accessories.

Shipping for me (Fedex 3 day saver) was $12.50.
Tax is only for TN residents.

As stated in the other thread, I just called Consumer Depot: it means open box item at Best Buy or Circuit City for example, and they were forced to liquidate it. So not refurb, and maybe used... open box regardless.

Happy birthday to me! I was disappointed to not get in on the military deal, that this comes along and is great!

I think anyone wanting a xbox should wait for the elite to come out and see what the retail pricing for old premium goes to. At least, that is what I plan on doing

why would retail pricing change? the elite coming out at 480 only solidifies the premium's $400 position.

as far as 360's crapping out goes, the MS warranty still stands.

I want this...bit i'll just spend the extra $80 and get the Elite later this month. If igure it has HMDI, the HDMI cable (which are expensive for good ones) and then an extra 100 GB...not bad for $80.

[quote name='SynGamer']I want this...bit i'll just spend the extra $80 and get the Elite later this month. If igure it has HMDI, the HDMI cable (which are expensive for good ones) and then an extra 100 GB...not bad for $80.[/QUOTE]

Don't you mean an extra $180?

I'm going to wait until the new chipset comes out. I want a 360 that doesn't sound like an airplane engine.

[quote name='SynGamer']I want this...bit i'll just spend the extra $80 and get the Elite later this month. If igure it has HMDI, the HDMI cable (which are expensive for good ones) and then an extra 100 GB...not bad for $80.[/QUOTE]

There are no good or bad HDMI cables, they're digital and all that space is pretty useless.

They ripped us plenty of times before, so we shouldn't feel sorry. They were ripping consumer depot anyway. Anyway, 360 without a full warrantee sounds like a suicide move.

[quote name='Apossum']I'm going to wait until the new chipset comes out. I want a 360 that doesn't sound like an airplane engine.

There are no good or bad HDMI cables, they're digital and all that space is pretty useless.[/quote]

I want the new chipset but there hasn't been any announcements yet so i'll just get the 360 now. And there is a difference in how the HDMI cables are made, cheap ones being poor quality...

Ok...so this is refurbished and no warranty?

Edit: i bought it...we'll see how it is in 3 days. I anyone has received theirs yet, did it come with a free month of XBL? Wondering if i need to get the subscription NOW or if i can wait a month or so.

yeah this is back alive again - as I said before it's sitting in front of my door, as soon as I get home from work I will be sure to comment on its quality.

[quote name='velvet396']yeah this is back alive again - as I said before it's sitting in front of my door, as soon as I get home from work I will be sure to comment on its quality.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how you can wait soo long to check it out. I'd be there during my lunch break so that I'd know ASAP.

Good Luck!

Yeah, just bought this. Hoping that MS will cover this since its a 'legit' purchase...all i want to know (aside from quality) is if it includes 1 month of XBL.

Definitely used.

The box was in great shape, and all the parts were inside, properly placed, however no bags or any documentation/manuals. First thing I noticed was some abuse/markings on the side of the console near the top.

However everything works. Did come with free remote like stated in the description, and the remote was new (had clear plastic over the IR emitter) but not in any packaging either.

After booting it up, there's somebody else's gamertag, profile, and content (music and Halo2 map packs). I don't think I can return according to their website, seeing as it is not broken. The return policy states "return for refund within 14 days. I just might do that.

I am going to call Microsoft today and check warranty status. Manufacture date on the back is 4-10-06.

At the very least I had a fun couple of hours with Viva Pinata... If anyone wants I can take pictures when I get home tonight.

[quote name='SynGamer']Yeah, just bought this. Hoping that MS will cover this since its a 'legit' purchase...all i want to know (aside from quality) is if it includes 1 month of XBL.[/quote]
As there was no documentation, if you mean a code in the box for one month free, then no, there was nothing. It did come with preloaded content on the HD, as stated on the box, like some themes and the Live Arcade game Hexen HD or Hex something HD...

[quote name='minos1067']I don't know how you can wait soo long to check it out. I'd be there during my lunch break so that I'd know ASAP.

Good Luck![/quote]
It was very tough! It's actually all I could think about was whether or not I'd pick up the box and hear a jumble of broken parts rumbling around.

All in all I'm glad the thing at least works.

My only complain is the dull roar of the disc & fans that comes from the entertainment center now -- and I thought the Wii's disc drive was annoyingly loud! Oh well, turn up the stereo I guess.

I'm in the same boat. I ordered the premium from them before this thread started. It showed up used, and with a mismatched power cord.

Anyone who has ordered from them, TAKE PICTURES!

The Tennessee attorney general is currently persuing a case against them, and would love documentation of any issues with this company.

If the system was labeled as new, and arrived used, that's what the TN folks want to know. I can post a contact address later, if people want.

[quote name='velvet396']Definitely used.

The box was in great shape, and all the parts were inside, properly placed, however no bags or any documentation/manuals. First thing I noticed was some abuse/markings on the side of the console near the top.

However everything works. Did come with free remote like stated in the description, and the remote was new (had clear plastic over the IR emitter) but not in any packaging either.

After booting it up, there's somebody else's gamertag, profile, and content (music and Halo2 map packs). I don't think I can return according to their website, seeing as it is not broken.

I am going to call Microsoft today and check warranty status. Manufacture date on the back is 4-10-06.

At the very least I had a fun couple of hours with Viva Pinata... If anyone wants I can take pictures when I get home tonight.

As there was no documentation, if you mean a code in the box for one month free, then no, there was nothing. It did come with preloaded content on the HD, as stated on the box, like some themes and the Live Arcade game Hexen HD or Hex something HD...

It was very tough! It's actually all I could think about was whether or not I'd pick up the box and hear a jumble of broken parts rumbling around.

All in all I'm glad the thing at least works.

My only complain is the dull roar of the disc & fans that comes from the entertainment center now -- and I thought the Wii's disc drive was annoyingly loud! Oh well, turn up the stereo I guess.[/quote]

There is no "code" for the free month of xbox live. You just make a new username and it automatically is Gold for a month.

[quote name='blitz6speed']There is no "code" for the free month of xbox live. You just make a new username and it automatically is Gold for a month.[/quote]

Thanks for the info - if I keep the unit I'll be sure to do so... or wait for the Halo3 beta...

After calling microsoft there's only one month left on the warranty of my machine as it was originally purchased May 10 of '06.

He did state that if I have a receipt showing it as a new purchase, that if I were to have a problem after May 10 that I could submit the receipt with my repair request and "they would handle it from there." Which doesn't say whether or not they'd extend the warranty.

I asked to submit the receipt now and have it extended, he talked to his supervisor and their system doesn't allow them to update the purchase date of a console once it has been entered into the system.

Sigh... I was luckier than you. I got my system with only 3 months of coverage expired.

Anyway... For anyone who is interested in complaining about consumer depot and/or submitting evidence, here's the contact info for the lead attorney at the Tennessee attorney general's office.

Olha Rybakoff
Assistant Attorney General
Office of the Attorney General
425 5th Avenue North
P.O. Box 20207
Nashville, TN 37202-0207
tel. 615-532-2590
fax 615-532-2910
[email protected]

She's extremely interested in getting ahold of anything and everything that she can use as evidence against this company in court. They have quite a history of this kind of scam.

When did you order? I ordered mine yesterday and selected the 3 day shipping.

Edit: about the warranty, they wouldn't extend it, but said that if you provide yoru receipt, that they will consider extending the warranty a full year from when YOU purchased the 360? I'm also prepaired to argue my case shuold anything break withing the next year. Lokoing at the product page, it says nothing about being used...so the only logical assumption is that its new. And it also says on the page "Complete, in Original Packaging with All Accessories." So we shoudl be able to get a full years warranty from when WE purchased the console.

I ordered on 4/13 and received 4/16.

I received an RMA# and will be shipping it back to them asap today. Returns must arrive within 7 days of the issued RMA. Yeesh.

[quote name='velvet396']I ordered on 4/13 and received 4/16.

I received an RMA# and will be shipping it back to them asap today. Returns must arrive within 7 days of the issued RMA. Yeesh.[/quote]

Damn...so not worth it?

I was checking out the geek.com refurbished 360's and it says 90 days...but what about MS's 1 year warranty on all repaired consoles? Would that apply to refurbished ones as well?

For me, everything considered it just wasn't worth it. If it had been new and just "an open box that best buy, etc. were forced to liquidate" then it would be a different story.

I'm willing to pay a bit more for the peace of mind, have everything brand spanking new, and maybe also land a console with the newer/quieter dvd drive.

Best I can say SynGamer is to call MS when you get the package and check the warranty status.

Be careful, velvet... They have a history of refising RMA's for no good reason.

Get ready to do a chargeback if they don't cooperate.

i would of never jumped on this... just to save $100 .. there are better deals to be found..

once i get mine back in the mail im actually planning on selling for $300..

[quote name='guyver2077']i would of never jumped on this... just to save $100 .. there are better deals to be found..

once i get mine back in the mail im actually planning on selling for $300..[/quote]

Thanks for your input... oh wait you didn't have any. Way to crap on the thread after we already know it was a bad deal. Just to make yourself feel cool?

Care to post those "better deals to be found"?

And by the way, if you're going to be able to sell your used console for $300, what does that tell you how much people are paying for it new?

Well, i still have hopes that mines has a descent amount of time left on the warranty. If not, i'll return it and get the one from geek.com

[quote name='guyver2077']i would of never jumped on this... just to save $100 .. there are better deals to be found..

once i get mine back in the mail im actually planning on selling for $300..[/quote]

It is a total saving of 150 dollars... comes with an extra remote

Even so, open box items are not a good idea lol

[quote name='velvet396']Thanks for your input... oh wait you didn't have any. Way to crap on the thread after we already know it was a bad deal. Just to make yourself feel cool?

Care to post those "better deals to be found"?

And by the way, if you're going to be able to sell your used console for $300, what does that tell you how much people are paying for it new?[/quote]

i wasnt thread crappin ...and i have no need to make myself feel cool.

It is just not a very smart choice... I learned my lesson with the xbox.. i rather buy in store with an instore warranty.

Worst case though if you decide to keep it i dont see why you can not purchase the extended warranty from microsoft. I think your unit has to be under warranty though to purchase the extended warranty.

Considering you save roughly $100, should you need repairs...if its under $100 then you are fine. You also get another year warranty from MS for the repair(s).

[quote name='guyver2077']i wasnt thread crappin ...and i have no need to make myself feel cool.

It is just not a very smart choice... I learned my lesson with the xbox.. i rather buy in store with an instore warranty.

Worst case though if you decide to keep it i dont see why you can not purchase the extended warranty from microsoft. I think your unit has to be under warranty though to purchase the extended warranty.[/quote]

Seeing as you didn't post those better deals, yea, you were thread crapping. I've learned my lesson though, and will be picking up a new 360 at Meijer on the 20th when they have the 20% off for using your Meijer card.

Mine arrived today, and...its not under warranty. Ended a month ago. But right now im on the phone with MS trying to see if i can fax my receipt in as a proof of purchase.

Man I was so tempted to buy from them in the past. I'm glad I didn't.

Luckily I was able to get one off of amazon market place for 230$ (core). It took like 3 weeks of constantly checking though.

[quote name='SynGamer']Going back. 20% restocking fee my ass. Anyway, Velvet, did you get reimbursed for the return shipping?[/quote]

Hell no.

I got notification that they accepted my RMA today, and that it will take up to four days to show up in my bank account. We'll see what the number is and if I have to bitch about a restocking fee... it was never mentioned in any of the prior communications.

On the RMA number page it said there MIGHT be a 20% restocking fee. Definitely not paying that. Now, i have three 360 games, an open weekend, but no stores close by with deals on a 360...

bread's done
Back