Xbox 360 Premium w/ Bonus 300 (HD-DVD/DVD) $350

y2julio

CAGiversary!
Seems walmart is bundling 300 (HD-DVD/DVD Combo disc) for free with the 360 premium. Sounds like a good deal if you're also looking @ getting the HD-DVD add-on. Which if you do, it would be a premium 360 with 7 free HD-DVD movies (300 and King Kong that comes bundled with the HD-DVD drive) + the 5 free movies from Toshiba.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7079484

mmm seems like clicking the link directly takes you to the main page. If you copy and paste the URL manually it should work fine.

[quote name='defiance_17']Does not compute.[/quote]
If you were to buy this bundle you get one free movie. If you were to buy the HD-DVD add-on, it comes with a free copy of King Kong. Toshiba is doing a deal of 5 free HD-DVD movies when you buy a HD-DVD player. So 1+1+5 = 7 free HD-DVD movies.

[quote name='y2julio']If you were to buy this bundle you get one free movie. If you were to buy the HD-DVD add-on, it comes with a free copy of King Kong. Toshiba is doing a deal of 5 free HD-DVD movies when you buy a HD-DVD player. So 1+1+5 = 7 free HD-DVD movies.[/QUOTE]
Yes, but 1 + 1 + 5 != 8, as you previously advertised. Hence the comment.

No he is right, first free movie that you get with the 360 Premium is 300. Then, if you buy the HDDVD add-on drive, you get the second movie being King Kong included free. Movies 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 come free BY MAIL from Toshiba WHEN YOU BUY THE HDDVD ADD-ON!

Sorry its just that the math adds up quite easy. 1+1+5= *gasp* 7!!

[quote name='defiance_17']Yes, but 1 + 1 + 5 != 8, as you previously advertised. Hence the comment.[/quote]It was a typo. Fixed the error :p

This is like that scene from Clue. "2+2+1+1, the gun is empty." "No, it was 2+1+1+1." "Actually, the way you described it was 1+2+1+1, not 2+1+1+1"

ah, forget it... i miss read the deal completely... buy a X360 and get a 300 HD-DVD. I thought it was a X360 and a HD-DVD add-on for $350...

[quote name='Serpentor']ah, forget it... i miss read the deal completely... buy a X360 and get a 300 HD-DVD. I thought it was a X360 and a HD-DVD add-on for $350...[/quote]

That is what I saw as well. Oh well :cry:

[quote name='jikijikijiki']No he is right, first free movie that you get with the 360 Premium is 300. Then, if you buy the HDDVD add-on drive, you get the second movie being King Kong included free. Movies 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 come free BY MAIL from Toshiba WHEN YOU BUY THE HDDVD ADD-ON!

Sorry its just that the math adds up quite easy. 1+1+5= *gasp* 7!![/QUOTE]
...but it said "8" before. He edited after-the-fact, and this is what I get for not quoting.

But why bundle the HD-DVD with the system? Does Wal-Mart not know that it's incapable of playing it? That's like bundling a free HD-DVD with a Wii Purchase.

[quote name='Cmosfm']But why bundle the HD-DVD with the system? Does Wal-Mart not know that it's incapable of playing it? That's like bundling a free HD-DVD with a Wii Purchase.[/QUOTE]

The system is capable of playing it. It is an HD DVD/DVD combo disc - one side has standard DVD while the other side is HD DVD.

The point is, you can play the SD side in your XBOX 360, then if you want to upgrade to high definition you can buy the HDAO and play the HD side.

It's a way of Microsoft getting HD software in people's hands to give them an incentive to buy the player, while at the same time allowing them to play the standard definition side if they have no intentions of buying an HD player.

[quote name='defiance_17']...but it said "8" before. He edited after-the-fact, and this is what I get for not quoting.[/quote]I said above, it was a typo :p

bread's done
Back