XBox 360 Premium w/HDMI out $349.99 @ frys.com

grimlock49

CAGiversary!
Was looking around and found the XBox 360 Premium with HDMI out @ frys.com. I of course have to pay tax in CA, but this is the first I have seen that specifically states with HDMI output.

Link

[quote name='jnirvana292']wont let me add to cart[/quote]

i tried just for fun and had same problem, whether adding it from the product page or search results

n/m works now

I got through and ordered. $10 for shipping, but no taxes! It will actually be cheaper this way, and if it comes without HDMI, I can bitch. I feel good, though, because the Fry's item number is different for this than the regular Premium.

Edit: Forgot to say thanks to the OP, so thanks Grimlock.

I'm pretty confident these have the 65nm chips, because the alternative is that Microsoft has an SKU with 65nm and hdmi and one with hdmi and no 65nm, which makes 1,000 different 360 SKUs. No tax in florida and only $9.60 shipping, I think I'll need to buy this. Thanks OP.

Did they just pop one open and see, or is it labeled "HDMI" ?

edit = I hope they just didn't assume that their premiums will have HDMI just because of the recent HDMI news. Is anyone here buying it? Post pics/info afterwards, please.

[quote name='seththefallen']I'm pretty confident these have the 65nm chips, because the alternative is that Microsoft has an SKU with 65nm and hdmi and one with hdmi and no 65nm, which makes 1,000 different 360 SKUs. No tax in florida and only $9.60 shipping, I think I'll need to buy this. Thanks OP.[/quote]

While I agree with this logic I don't think I'll buy until I can be sure. I don't care about HDMI, just the 65nm and quieter DVD drive people claim go with it.

[quote name='RESmonkey']Did they just pop one open and see, or is it labeled "HDMI" ?

edit = I hope they just didn't assume that their premiums will have HDMI just because of the recent HDMI news. Is anyone here buying it? Post pics/info afterwards, please.[/quote]

I don't think so. I might just be reassuring myself, but the item numbers are listed differently on Fry's site for the Premium and the Premium with HDMI. If nothing else, I have plenty of time to return it before Sept. 25th.

[quote name='jaso']I don't think so. I might just be reassuring myself, but the item numbers are listed differently on Fry's site for the Premium and the Premium with HDMI. If nothing else, I have plenty of time to return it before Sept. 25th.[/quote]

I read somewhere that MS planned to add a sticker to the box saying something to the effect of "now with HDMI!", so consumers would know it is the revised 360.

Maybe once some CAGers get theirs from Fry's, they could post a pic.

I've seen screenshots of the boxes. No stickers, but under the list of contents it says HDMI. It's really not very noticeable. I'll try to remember to post a pic, unless someone beats me to it or new information surfaces on the Web.

[quote name='jaso']I've seen screenshots of the boxes. No stickers, but under the list of contents it says HDMI. It's really not very noticeable. I'll try to remember to post a pic, unless someone beats me to it or new information surfaces on the Web.[/quote]

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/10/spot-the-hdmi-enabled-xbox-360-premium-at-retail/

hdmi-xbox-comparison.jpg

So the box contents list "HDMI"? That doesn't make sense, because HDMI isn't a content inside. It's just a thing inside the console...

edit = NVM, saw the pic. NICE!

I do not think these are 65 nm, becase they have a code name: "Zephyr"

which is the elite motherboard, these are new 360's, they're good with new heatsink and better dvd rom with less noise, but not 65 nm which will be code name falcon. I think the 65 nm will hit this holiday after the halo rush. There was also rumors of another price drop when 65 nm hits, not sure if it's this year or not...

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/10/spot-the-hdmi-enabled-xbox-360-premium-at-retail/

Honestly, as long as it does have the new heatsink, I'm happy. What I really wanted was assurance that I was getting the newest Xbox possible. Whether it has the 65nm chip or not is irrelevant to me, as well as for many people who will buy a system regardless for Halo 3.

Let's also take each news article we read with a grain of salt. Microsoft has not said whether or not it had incorporated the new chip into new systems, and probably won't just yet. There's been a lot of jumping to conclusions on the Web, but no firm answer one way or the other.

Okay so it's basically confirmed that these HDMI premiums don't have the 65nm chips. But how do we know if they have the quieter DVD drives?

Okay, just got mine in from Frys. It is in fact the HDMI stock with a manufacture date of 7/9/07. The box doesn't say HDMI on the front (which scared me when I first opened it. It's listed in tiny print on the side. So, if you're in the store and see just the front of the boxes through the glass, maske sure you check the side of the box.

I just ordered up one and the HD-DVD player as well. Had the HD add on for only $164.88 which is not bad at all considering I don't have to pay tax at all either. All together with the shipping I got the new XBOX with HDMI and the HD-DVD add on for $526.49. I'll let you guys know when I get it to make sure everything was fine, but I am thrilled so far.

Went to Best Buy NoHo store (6th cor 23rd St NYC)... They have Premium with HDMI but the guy don't want to sell it... He told me... he was adviced not to release it until Sept 1... However, i went to BestBuy 44th Street, 5th Avenue. They selling it already. I bought one and with 2 year extended warranty for $60 bucks... just to be safe!

[quote name='rhenzhen']Went to Best Buy NoHo store (6th cor 23rd St NYC)... They have Premium with HDMI but the guy don't want to sell it... He told me... he was adviced not to release it until Sept 1... However, i went to BestBuy 44th Street, 5th Avenue. They selling it already. I bought one and with 2 year extended warranty for $60 bucks... just to be safe![/quote]

was it $349 at best buy in store?

bread's done
Back