Xbox 360 Preorders (Amazon/TRU, Costco, EB, GameRush, GameStop, Ritz, Sams, Walmart)

Oh, and for the record, went to Best Buy (98 units)...approx. 100-120 people in line, Target (already gave out vouchers), Circuit City (40 people in line...32 units), and CompUSA (30 people in line...22 units). Not very successful.

did u just go to the stores to look and make fun of the people in line?

[quote name='[email protected]']did u just go to the stores to look and make fun of the people in line?[/QUOTE]

No, I'm not that hard up for entertainment. I went because it was fun to chat with the people in line and if I got a 2nd one, I could've helped out my fellow co-workers who didn't take the day off or sold the 2nd on eBay which would have basically made mine free.

I had my pre-order at gamecrazy from a few months back, but I did get one of the madden/extra wireless controller premium bundles at bestbuy.com, too. Madden was already delivered, and it looks like the 360 will arrive tomorrow. From what I can tell, I should be able to return madden in store with no problems.

So now I have a 360 premium to ebay and cover the costs of mine. I just don't know if I should put it up now or wait two weeks.

[quote name='lurknomore']Why can't you just refuse the delivery/package....just have then send it straight back.[/QUOTE]

I would, other than I live in a complex, and they deliver to the office, not to my door. Couple that with I am at work at the time, and wonderfully it appears I will have a new xbox 360 wireless controller (for like $75 dollars with tax and overnight shipping), and a copy of madded (for like $71 dollars with tax and overnight shipping) tomorrow, but at this point may not have an xbox 360 until after the new year. Got to love best buy and a very nice bait and switch. They sent me an e-mail and everything confirming delivery of all 3 on the 23rd, followed up by an e-mail hours later saying sorry, it could be a while before you get the xbox 360 it's self.

I just had a LONG conversation with 3 different people at bestbuy.com's phone center (evidently in a foreign country), where I was read the same scripted answer over and over by them. I should have waited another hour and got the insane $1000 dollar bundle at amazon, at least I would have gotten an xbox 360, and not just a controller and a game (which at this point, they won't even offer me the shipping costs back on the overnight of those two items (that I'm sure I could run across the street to Fry's and buy right now)).

I'm really disappointed in this, I mean with how fast they took it down, I assumed the system was only selling what they had in stock.

I can't put it up now, I don't have it in hand yet, its in Ohio on a fedex truck heading to my house. As soon as I get it, I probably will list it, but I'm not sure if waiting would be better or not....

[quote name='zaphon']I would, other than I live in a complex, and they deliver to the office, not to my door. Couple that with I am at work at the time, and wonderfully it appears I will have a new xbox 360 wireless controller (for like $75 dollars with tax and overnight shipping), and a copy of madded (for like $71 dollars with tax and overnight shipping) tomorrow, but at this point may not have an xbox 360 until after the new year. Got to love best buy and a very nice bait and switch. They sent me an e-mail and everything confirming delivery of all 3 on the 23rd, followed up by an e-mail hours later saying sorry, it could be a while before you get the xbox 360 it's self.

I just had a LONG conversation with 3 different people at bestbuy.com's phone center (evidently in a foreign country), where I was read the same scripted answer over and over by them. I should have waited another hour and got the insane $1000 dollar bundle at amazon, at least I would have gotten an xbox 360, and not just a controller and a game (which at this point, they won't even offer me the shipping costs back on the overnight of those two items (that I'm sure I could run across the street to Fry's and buy right now)).

I'm really disappointed in this, I mean with how fast they took it down, I assumed the system was only selling what they had in stock.[/QUOTE]

I believe that inmost instances, if the boxes remain sealed in their original packaging and mailing, you can still refuse their delivery by for instance, if sent by UPS, going to a UPS center and telling them that the delivery was supposed to be refused and that you never authorized its acceptance, etc, etc. And then they'll ship it back to the original merchant. I know people have done this with clothing from mail-order companies, etc.

[quote name='WebScud']Seems like buying a console on launch is just asking to be raped.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well, if the last couple major launches are any indication, video game players leave their brain at home and turn into masochists when any new console comes out.

[quote name='lurknomore']I believe that inmost instances, if the boxes remain sealed in their original packaging and mailing, you can still refuse their delivery by for instance, if sent by UPS, going to a UPS center and telling them that the delivery was supposed to be refused and that you never authorized its acceptance, etc, etc. And then they'll ship it back to the original merchant. I know people have done this with clothing from mail-order companies, etc.[/QUOTE]
Even better, tell the office to refuse the shipment. If it's a huge complex, they might be generally too busy to do so, but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be an issue where I live.

Picked up my XB360 at 3:56pm at FYE this afternoon. Man does it pay off to pre-order in july.

Was forced into buying 2 games. Picked up PGR and Quake 4. Should I keep Quake or exchange later sometime for something like NFS:Most Wanted? I'm currently playing PGR... sweet game.

[quote name='purevim']Picked up my XB360 at 3:56pm at FYE this afternoon. Man does it pay off to pre-order in july.

Was forced into buying 2 games. Picked up PGR and Quake 4. Should I keep Quake or exchange later sometime for something like NFS:Most Wanted? I'm currently playing PGR... sweet game.[/QUOTE]

Quake 4 has gotten some pretty bad reviews, definetely swap it for something else!

[quote name='CaptPete']Quake 4 has gotten some pretty bad reviews, definetely swap it for something else![/QUOTE]

that's what I figured... is perfect dark LE any good?

Quake 4 was absolutely fantastic on the PC. Although it may be awkward to use a gamepad instead of keyboard and mouse, the game itself is awesome. If you enjoy DOOM 3 on the Xbox, you'll love Quake 4. It's a better game.

[quote name='WebScud']Seems like buying a console on launch is just asking to be raped.[/QUOTE]

:cry: I haven't had the opportunity to rape anybody during this launch.

I suppose there is always tomorrow or next week.

I talked to somebody on the phone today who sold a core (yes, core) system on eBay for $650.

That could have be MY $300 of profit.

[quote name='dserafin1986']put it up now...Don't get greedy[/QUOTE]

Seconded. Never give anybody even a fool the opportunity to rethink a decision.

That and demand will only go down as M$ increases supply due to staggering the release.

[quote name='zaphon']Got to love best buy and a very nice bait and switch. They sent me an e-mail and everything confirming delivery of all 3 on the 23rd, followed up by an e-mail hours later saying sorry, it could be a while before you get the xbox 360 it's self.
[/QUOTE]

File a fraud charge against Best Buy OR call your credit card company to refuse authorization of the charge.

It is simply illegal to sell something you don't have. (Confirmed preorders don't count.)

How many people would hunt me down if I sold 360s with the description of "in hand" and emailed winners back to inform them that the console would not be shipped until next year?

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']File a fraud charge against Best Buy OR call your credit card company to refuse authorization of the charge.

It is simply illegal to sell something you don't have. (Confirmed preorders don't count.)

How many people would hunt me down if I sold 360s with the description of "in hand" and emailed winners back to inform them that the console would not be shipped until next year?[/QUOTE]

same thing happened to me...how do i go about filing a fraud charge?

thanks

I think it would be hard to win a fraud case, as you were revealed what you are buying at the time they were about to ring you out. correct? so there is no fraud. you went ahead and entered in the purchase contract at that point.

its only fraud if they sell you a box that says Xbox controller but there is something else inside.

[quote name='jm2u']1) That's not bait and switch.

2) It's not fraud.

3) I still need a 360.[/QUOTE]

1. Sorry wrong definition. Since they didnt' in their e-mail offer me a higher price bundle that would ship on time versus the bundle I ordered, it wasn't a true "bait and switch." What it was though was providing mis-leading information in order to make sales. By providing the false pretense that the boxes were in stock, and that they would ship that day, they mislead people into making purchases that they knowingly were unable to fulfill (I even paid for the extremely pricey overnight shipping). That's a plain and simple fact. No where did the order state it was a pre-order, or that the box wouldn't ship for a while. I even got e-mail confirming a delivery date of today (I will get a controller and a game (one with $9.99 overnight shipping charge, and the other with a $16.99 overnight shipping charge), but no xbox 360, kind of like saying I know you ordered a new car sir, but here's the car radio, and the tires for it, we'll ship you the car at a later day. I ordered a bundle, not individual pieces, send it to me as a bundle).

2. Again, wrong term if following "exact" definitions.

3. You and me too.

People that had Costco orders...

I checked the tracking today and it is being delivered to my house today but I look at the weight on UPS and it says it is only 3.20lbs. Maybe they only sent out the Controller and PGR3 so far to people that preordered and no systems? I believe my order was on 9/30.

Edit: came home and the whole package is here but they replaced PGR3 with Kameo! No big deal I guess.... Still have the 360 and the package was a little under MSRP...
66340073_27e9f7cc74.jpg

[quote name='bugg33']People that had Costco orders...

I checked the tracking today and it is being delivered to my house today but I look at the weight on UPS and it says it is only 3.20lbs. Maybe they only sent out the Controller and PGR3 so far to people that preordered and no systems? I believe my order was on 9/30.

Edit: came home and the whole package is here but they replaced PGR3 with Kameo! No big deal I guess.... Still have the 360 and the package was a little under MSRP...
[/QUOTE]
same here. I got kameo one

Did anyone else order from ritzcamera.com when they listed the premium package at $419? Just curious to hear if they've received their system yet. I haven't, and have received the following responses from customer service so far:

Response #1:
Our supplier, who works directly with Microsoft, has informed us that the Xbox 360 will be in extremely short supply throughout the Holiday season and into the beginning of next year.
Unfortunately as a result of this short supply, many orders will not be fulfilled in time for the Holiday season.

Response #2:
We are sorry as per the latest update from the manufacturer the shipment of the X-Box item is delayed. We are expecting the first shipment by the end of November and the orders would be fulfilled on a first-come-first-serve basis. You will receive an email confirmation once the item is shipped.

For anyone that ordered the Amazon/ToysRUs bundle, have any of you tried returning the extras? I wanna give it a whirl.

[quote name='zillax0rz']For anyone that ordered the Amazon/ToysRUs bundle, have any of you tried returning the extras? I wanna give it a whirl.[/QUOTE]

Thats a good question. I'm going to try today. Let me know if you succeed.

[quote name='jshawnd']Did anyone else order from ritzcamera.com when they listed the premium package at $419? Just curious to hear if they've received their system yet. I haven't, and have received the following responses from customer service so far:[/QUOTE]

yea i got response number 2 and i ordered it the day it showed up on this website

[quote name='Hiei69']When did the order for the platinum package show up on Ritz Camera? I order on October 3rd.[/QUOTE]

I ordered on September 27th in the morning.

Finally got my 360 today from Costco. It shipped out 11/18. Damn that took long. And the box wasnt even taped completely shut, so you could see what was inside.

[quote name='Indonesia']same here. I got kameo one[/QUOTE]

Me too. I was contemplating trying to exchange Kameo but I don't think I'd be playing PGR3 much anyway. I'll probably wait for a price drop. =P

My Costco bundle finally arrived as well (with Kameo swapped in)... Did anyone else with Costco actually get PGR3? I'll also second the crappy packing tape job on the box, they obviously rushed these out.

[quote name='magilacudy']Me too. I was contemplating trying to exchange Kameo but I don't think I'd be playing PGR3 much anyway. I'll probably wait for a price drop. =P[/QUOTE]

I'm getting worried now, I pre-ordered an XBox 360 from EBGames a little while back and was told I wouldnt get it 1st shipment most likely, but before the Holidays. gack! going to suck if it's not in before January 7th, when I leave for the next semester.

I'm 9th on the list for gamerush. they said the 2nd shipment for preoders is coming in today or tommorow and a new shipment for preorders every week. But they say every week and it'll probbally be every other week or something around there.

bread's done
Back