XBOX 360 Price Cut Official - Arcade = $199, Pro (60GB) = $299, Elite (1250GB) = $299

nintendokid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/09/03/xbox-360-price-cuts-official-60gb-299-elite-399-arcade-199/

"Major Nelson announced that the price cuts for the Xbox 360 we reported on two weeks ago will be official as of Sept. 5. The new prices for the console are:

• Xbox 360 Arcade - $199
  • Xbox 360 60GB - $299
  • Xbox 360 Elite - $399
This means that the Elite and 60GB received a $50 price drop, while the Arcade received an $80 cut. Now we wait to see if the new prices help boost the Xbox 360's slouching sales."

Four cups of rice a day is a lot to eat. I think two's my limit.

But yes... this Sunday, I purchase my second 360. Here's hoping this one doesn't die as quickly.

I'm still amazed there's no price drop on the 20GB pro. Those are still on shelves and who's going to pick that up over the 60GB for the same price? They really need to knock those down to $249 or something.

Haven't see the price drop pending in Wal-Mart electronics yet. So I'm assuming this Friday it will come down and have to be finalized before 4pm eastern Friday in CT.

Might try to talk the wife into getting ourselves an Elite and give my older 360 to her bro's for Christmas. If only that would work.

Darn the people in my radio shack have no idea what there doing I bet if I go there on Friday they will have no idea what I'm talking about :whistle2:(

[quote name='craven_fiend']Might try to talk the wife into getting ourselves an Elite and give my older 360 to her bro's for Christmas. If only that would work.[/QUOTE]

I'm selling my 20gig to my best friend for $100 and getting a 60 gig. :+)

[quote name='bisquit']I'm selling my 20gig to my best friend for $100 and getting a 60 gig. :+)[/quote]

I definitely needed a bigger HDD, so it seems like a good plan for me. Now to sell my wife on it, could always use the BestBuy card and have no interest for like 6 months or so,

[quote name='bisquit']I'm selling my 20gig to my best friend for $100 and getting a 60 gig. :+)[/QUOTE]

Hope it doesn't RR--won't be your BF for long.

Any word on Jaspers yet? I've got my eye on a 60 Gb but I'm waiting for some kind of confirmation that Jasper's been spotted.

[quote name='keithp']Hope it doesn't RR--won't be your BF for long.

Any word on Jaspers yet? I've got my eye on a 60 Gb but I'm waiting for some kind of confirmation that Jasper's been spotted.[/quote]

Oh yeah, this too. Considering my Falcon system died just eight months into its life, I really do not want another Falcon system. Sure, it could be an 'isolated incident', but I... like variety?

[quote name='nativetongue88']the wii will still sell alot of units...to parents of 3-13 year olds. thats about it...everyone else already has one and knows that it is just sitting there collecting dust. this christmas will be all 360 and ps3.[/quote]

Haha, wanna bet?

Falcons death are quite low so far it seems though. Granted yeah they haven't been on the market for three years like the Zephyr.

Either way what will happen with the Jaspers is the big question. I think MS will get what it wants, because after the price drop Falcons will be bought left and right and the "insiders" will be able to find a Jasper once they are cleared out. So I think this will be a long term success for Microsoft because it will please those that waited for the price drop and please the ones that are waiting for the slightly less chance of getting a RROD when the Jaspers hit the shelves.

[quote name='BackInBlack']Elite (1250GB) = $299

Wow, the Elite is gona come with a 1.25 TB hdd for only $299?

Sign me up ;)[/quote]

Beat me to the punch. =(

I'd definitely upgrade though, at that price. :lol:

[quote name='keithp'] [...] Any word on Jaspers yet? I've got my eye on a 60 Gb but I'm waiting for some kind of confirmation that Jasper's been spotted.[/quote]
After digging around on the internets... the consensus seems to be that the 60 gig 360's that are in stores now are improved falcons (memory chips have been moved to a different location)... Which were manufactured in June/July.

The rumors say that the Jasper went into production sometime last month (possibly as late as this month). We might not see the Jasper's widespread until the holidays. It is assumed that we will know if it's a jasper by the power rating.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just at Gamestop and the employee had an email about the price drop that he just got today. They listed the price of the used 360's dropping to 169.99 for wired controller and 179.99 for wireless... Not so hot IMO.

bread's done
Back