Xbox 360 Pro $199 at Dell.com + 10% cashback from Bing.com

mete

CAG Veteran
Last edited by a moderator:
"definition resolution or 480p standard definition resolution, in 16:9 widescreen..."

Wut?

Wrong info right? But good price.

ok i just ordered this on dell via bing... but i placed my wrong email address for bing when it asked for it... so i went and called their customer support to cancel the order... at first they offered me 15 dollars for me not to cancel.. and i said i wanted to cancel the order and then they offered me $25 dollars for me not to cancel... it was an impulse buy too so i really wanted to buy it for a backup to my elite...i still said no thinking maybe i can get the bing cash back and the 25 dollars if i called again to cancel... the only thing is that they give you a case number and when you get your item you have to call them back to get your refund.... anyone done this with dell?

[quote name='zenintrude']Am I the only one not getting dell to come up in Bing? What am I doing wrong?![/QUOTE]

I get it by doing the following:

Go to Bing.com & search xbox 360.

Check the top and/or side of the search page that generates for an ad to dell with a gold 'coin' with a $ on it and the words "Bing cashback" next to it as a link.

Click on this link. You should be taken to an option to open or sign in to a Bing account with a security feature to enter into the box the letters &/or numbers you see which are usually distorted in some way.
There should also be a link to "shop and get cashback".

Enter the info and Click on that link.:)

Once on Dell.com there are a few ways to get to the Xbox 360 Pro including searching at the top or clicking on links in the middle of the page or in the leftmost column.

I hope this helps.

A couple days ago you could get an elite for $205 AR. Offer may still be good. Much better deal in my opinion. And people were reporting having received Jaspers.

Yeah but for those who missed the elite, this isn't bad. Especially since according to Dell they're out of Elites and so is their supplier.... Who knows when I'm going to get mine...

[quote name='serge2k']ok i just ordered this on dell via bing... but i placed my wrong email address for bing when it asked for it... so i went and called their customer support to cancel the order... at first they offered me 15 dollars for me not to cancel.. and i said i wanted to cancel the order and then they offered me $25 dollars for me not to cancel... it was an impulse buy too so i really wanted to buy it for a backup to my elite...i still said no thinking maybe i can get the bing cash back and the 25 dollars if i called again to cancel... the only thing is that they give you a case number and when you get your item you have to call them back to get your refund.... anyone done this with dell?[/QUOTE]

Pretty stupid move on your part. Quite retarded, actually. $25 off is already better than Bings 10% off. I would have taken the discount and called Bing to see if they could switch the email.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']A couple days ago you could get an elite for $205 AR. Offer may still be good. Much better deal in my opinion. And people were reporting having received Jaspers.[/QUOTE]
The problem is that the Elite has been OOS on Dell ever since the rebate deal began, basically. It was very briefly in stock a couple of days ago, but otherwise, no dice.

oh okay I had no idea. I'm not really on the market, but I think my xbox is on the verge of breaking. It's been very very noisy.

Actually apparently, it wasn't even in stock a few days ago. They put it on their site without stock. People who ordered 9/22 are seeing expect dates of NOVEMBER now. According to Dell they won't be fulfilling these orders because the item is no longer carried by them and it's out of stock at the vendor (likely due to the christmas bundle.). If your item doesn't say shipped, I recommend you cancel your order and go buy from B&M if you want to take advantage of the $50 rebate.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Pretty stupid move on your part. Quite retarded, actually. $25 off is already better than Bings 10% off. I would have taken the discount and called Bing to see if they could switch the email.[/QUOTE]

Setting aside, for the moment, the tone of your reply, I believe you have made an error. Either you replied to my reply mistakenly or you missed the fact that my reply was an attempt to help out zenintrude, and not serge2k. In either case, would you be willing to consider the possibility that a friendly or at least neutral tone is better suited to a forum such as this?

[quote name='Izod517']Actually apparently, it wasn't even in stock a few days ago. They put it on their site without stock. People who ordered 9/22 are seeing expect dates of NOVEMBER now.[/QUOTE]

I just checked the status of my order that was place on 9/22, and at the moment, it still says expected delivery 10/8

[quote name='Izod517']Actually apparently, it wasn't even in stock a few days ago. They put it on their site without stock. People who ordered 9/22 are seeing expect dates of NOVEMBER now.[/QUOTE]
My order still shows an expected delivery of 10/05. for those of you with experience with dell, will my expected delivery stay the same up until the date then get moved back or should it happen before the original date comes?

I was able to price match this at Best Buy. My BB was out of Elites and we wanted to get a second 360 for the bedroom.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Pretty stupid move on your part. Quite retarded, actually. $25 off is already better than Bings 10% off. I would have taken the discount and called Bing to see if they could switch the email.[/QUOTE]

mywhitenoise i don't know if it was a stupid move... i know 25 dollars is better than 10%... but like i said i entered the wrong email on bing... i dont want to go through the hassle of having bing support transfer my purchase to my actual email that is with bing.. im sure that would of been a hassle.. anyways now that i know that that they offered me 25 dollars off then maybe i will try to cancel my second order and get the bing plus 25 dollars.. get around 40 dollars off... dont think that is a stupid move....

[quote name='mete']Setting aside, for the moment, the tone of your reply, I believe you have made an error. Either you replied to my reply mistakenly or you missed the fact that my reply was an attempt to help out zenintrude, and not serge2k. In either case, would you be willing to consider the possibility that a friendly or at least neutral tone is better suited to a forum such as this?[/QUOTE]

yeah it was intended for serge. I'm a dumbass.

[quote name='serge2k']mywhitenoise i don't know if it was a stupid move... i know 25 dollars is better than 10%... but like i said i entered the wrong email on bing... i dont want to go through the hassle of having bing support transfer my purchase to my actual email that is with bing.. im sure that would of been a hassle.. anyways now that i know that that they offered me 25 dollars off then maybe i will try to cancel my second order and get the bing plus 25 dollars.. get around 40 dollars off... dont think that is a stupid move....[/QUOTE]

Sounds risky and more of a hassle, though...unless they give out "no don't cancel, we'll take $25 off your order!" like candy. If that's the case let us know.

Don't bother with this one either. Just got off the phone with Dell and they don't actually have any of these either. Dell has forever lost a whole lot of customers this week with their horrible handling of this and the elite deal. They put up two good deals for products that they had no intention of delivering on.

Pretty good deal for me. I am selling an out of warranty rrod 360 for $50, controller for $25 (don't need three controllers), and I guess now I will be selling the 20 gb hard drive as well ($20?). Also I was able to get $15 off after calling Dell telling them I will cancel my order. I am pretty happy I am getting a new xbox, according to my calculations $78 after tax.

edit: The estimated delivery for me is 10/07.

Best of luck actually getting your console delivered and let us know if it ships but I was just told by a few different Dell people that said they had no versions of any xbox console available for order or shipping despite what their website said. I would watch for you ship date to mysteriously lengthen by 6 weeks whenever it should ship, after calling and questioning them on the delay I found out that was their way of telling me that they really don't have any consoles available. I am also surprised that they gave you some credit for threatening to cancel, because they just canceled two of my orders (the elite deal and then this one) without out appearing to be too bothered by it and I found them incredibly unhelpful to deal with.

Well first I made up the whole wrong bing email address, then I told them that I have already spoken to 3-4 different representatives (which I did) and have gotten disconnected several times (also true) and this was taking too much of my time. You have to work them a little. I am a terrible person.

Also I hope my order doesn't mysteriously move up 6 weeks either.

Oh I worked em, believe you me. All I got for my time and effort dealing with them on the phone was the info that they actually don't have any Xbox consoles available, they didn't plan on even telling me that until the extra six weeks was up and then they would tell me and refund me.

Best of luck but I wouldn't count on it until it ships.

EDIT: George you said you mentioned the wrong bing email address to Dell. Do I understand that correct that Dell gave you that credit or did you talk Bing into giving you that credit? Bing I would kinda expect because I have heard that about them but I would be surprised if Dell did give you credit because of a wrong bing email address. Thanks in advance.

No it was Dell that gave me credit but the guy I was talking to gave me a case number that I would use to get the $15 refund when I receive the item.

hmm, that is weird but it appears to be irrelevant as Dell has no intention of honoring anyones order of any Xbox 360 versions. Thanks for the repsonse though and good luck receiving your xbox but I would expect it to be canceled.

[quote name='JuanoTejano']Don't bother with this one either. Just got off the phone with Dell and they don't actually have any of these either. Dell has forever lost a whole lot of customers this week with their horrible handling of this and the elite deal. They put up two good deals for products that they had no intention of delivering on.[/QUOTE]

JuanoTejano, Thanks for your informative replies and your tenacity in getting an explanation from those b....... well, from Dell.

Glad to have helped. It's nice to know the time spent talking to Dell has both saved some people some grief and exposed Dell as a place CAG shouldn't want to give their business to.

Just to let everyone know... Dell sent me an email last night that my xbox pro had shipped... around 3 am.... i checked the dell website for my order and it says shipped but no tracking information provided.. this happened to me last week or week and half ago when i ordered an elite for my girlfriend as well, but it arrived a few days later. So i am assuming dell had a few leftover pros and they were just sold out quickly.... will keep you guys updated if i actually get it as some have reported that dell told them they don't have anymore.

The downside to this was that i didnt have enough time to call them to cancel to see if they could give me a $25 refund. Though i was going to have a day to call.

Your order (or part of your order) has shipped.

This e-mail contains the Estimated Delivery Date for your order(s), along with tracking and delivery information.

Thank you for choosing Dell!

Well hopefully I will see it in a few days.

[quote name='George_Wallace']Your order (or part of your order) has shipped.

This e-mail contains the Estimated Delivery Date for your order(s), along with tracking and delivery information.

Thank you for choosing Dell!

Well hopefully I will see it in a few days.[/QUOTE]

George let me know when you get yours.... and let me know how the process goes with getting the refund for trying to cancel..

Woke up and now there is tracking information! It is currently en route with a estimated delivery date of 10/06. Maybe I will receive it on Monday.

[quote name='George_Wallace']Woke up and now there is tracking information! It is currently en route with a estimated delivery date of 10/06. Maybe I will receive it on Monday.[/QUOTE]

No tracking number for me but still says shippin...

I wasn't seeing the bing cashback in my account after 2 days so I emailed them and was able to get it. Oddly enough the cashback that I was supposed to originally receive appears just right now. So if everything goes through I will get $40 cashback in addition to a $15 refund. Pretty sweet deal.

Yeh, trust me, if you use Bing & Dell together, make sure you shoot a few emails Bings way to keep them apprised on the situation.

I received the 360 today and yes it is a Jasper console. I have to call up Dell tomorrow so I can get the refund (hopefully). I still need to sell the extra controller but once I do that and get my cash back I will be happy. $200-$50 (sold broken console) - $15 (20 gb hdd, eh just wanted to sell with the console) - $25 (extra controller) - $15 (refund) - $40 cashback = $63 new console after tax. Not bad not bad at all, probably could have sold the hard drive for $25-30.

[quote name='George_Wallace']I received the 360 today and yes it is a Jasper console. I have to call up Dell tomorrow so I can get the refund (hopefully). I still need to sell the extra controller but once I do that and get my cash back I will be happy. $200-$50 (sold broken console) - $15 (20 gb hdd, eh just wanted to sell with the console) - $25 (extra controller) - $15 (refund) - $40 cashback = $63 new console after tax. Not bad not bad at all, probably could have sold the hard drive for $25-30.[/QUOTE]

Nice George! I got mine on Monday... i'm still regretting that i didn't have time to call customer support to get a 15 or 20 buck refund for threating to cancel the order. Mine is a jasper as well, when was yours produced btw? When i opened up the package and you look through the hole, where it shows the serial# and production date, there was a larger font (I noticed that the older consoles that are not jaspers have bigger font compared to the jaspers they have a smaller font) so for a second i thought that it was an older falcon one... but i saw the voltage and had the 12.1 so i was relieved. I think mines was manufacture in May 09...

June 09 if I am not mistaken it says 09-06-04.

Also I was able to get the refund processed but it is going to take 10-15 days to appear on my account.

bread's done
Back