Xbox 360 Pro - $299.99 (Deal is now Active)

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Hello fellow CAGs,

Just letting you know that it seems Target has gone ahead and decided to officially lower the price of the 360 pro to $299.99. Mind you, this has been talked up and down for awhile now, and obviously no official word from MS on the ordeal.

Looks like you can only get them via B&M, but there is a inventory search for your local Targets located on the webpage.

http://www.target.com/Xbox-360-Pro-...e=UTF8&node=165097011&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

[quote name='Wolfpup']That's not fair though because the 360's issues have been a lot worse than normal. Even Falcon was apparently at 16% failure rate earlier this year as per a Next Gen article. Mine's been fine so far though, and I'm hoping they'll just keep getting better.[/quote]

Seriously. Anyone who refuses to concede the fact that the 360 has major design flaws and an abnormally high failure rate is simply showing their colors. And to act like its problems shouldn't factor into a buying decision is also an indicator of their bias.

Not everyone can afford two or three systems. They always want something on hand, and that won't be the case when their 360 craps out on them. Even if the Falcon chipsets do have a 16% failure rate, as pup points out, that means there is a one in six chance your system will die, and that doesn't mean a few years down the road. Anyone who pays attention knows that the system will more than likely go within a year. It took mine about eight months.

My 360 (2 years old) is dead with the single red light of death (which seems to be pretty common). MS doesn't cover it under the 3 year RROD warranty even though it's basically the same issue. I'm wary of purchasing a new one.

wrap a towel around your 1RROD for 30 minutes and viola, you have 3RROD - instant warranty.
Just don't burn down your house in the process.

[quote name='raiser']wrap a towel around your 1RROD for 30 minutes and viola, you have 3RROD - instant warranty.
Just don't burn down your house in the process.[/QUOTE]

If there was a sure fire way to get the RROD I would've done it by now :)

I've wrapped it up several times - the only thing it achieves is making the 360 boot normally (but unplayable due to screwed up graphics) or overheat and shut down.

That really stinks that they don't cover that. I've been through several and I think except for my very first one none of them died from a 3 RRoD. It was NEVER just that problem.

[quote name='Wolfpup']And it's mind boggling to me that the Wii doesn't include Ethernet. I had to spend like $30 or something on that. I don't want it on my hardware, and don't want to spend money on it either :(

Besides, people have found cheaper bridges than that, though those may have been on sale.[/quote]

Fair enough, but I bet you're in the minority. In fact, you're the first person I've heard complain about the Wii not having a wired connection (and it's certainly not hurting their sales). In 2008, a top-end next-gen system that bills itself as "Elite" should provide a wireless way to access the internet.

Anyways, t's a moot point, I'm not buying a 360 until the RRoD disaster is mostly under control.

[quote name='cozinator']Fair enough, but I bet you're in the minority. In fact, you're the first person I've heard complain about the Wii not having a wired connection (and it's certainly not hurting their sales). [/quote]

I'm hardly the first person to complain. I've heard a *lot* more people complain about that than a lack of wifi on the 360.

I would find it hard to believe that only a few people are annoyed by the lack of WiFi on the Wii. Most gamers I know exclusively use wired connections, unless there simply is no logistical way for them to pull it off.

I know plenty of gamers who use wireless connections. Anyways, filling the thread with anecdotal evidence isn't going to accomplish much.

[quote name='cozinator']I know plenty of gamers who use wireless connections. Anyways, filling the thread with anecdotal evidence isn't going to accomplish much.[/QUOTE]

No, but we've been on here (and other forums I'm sure) a long time and haven't seen many complaints about the 360 needing an external Wifi adapter, but a lot of complaints about the Wii.

Ethernet is just kind of standard, and it's pretty weird to not include it if the system supports network stuff.

[quote name='Wolfpup']No, but we've been on here (and other forums I'm sure) a long time and haven't seen many complaints about the 360 needing an external Wifi adapter, but a lot of complaints about the Wii.

Ethernet is just kind of standard, and it's pretty weird to not include it if the system supports network stuff.[/quote]

They're banking on most people having Wifi and wanted to cut costs to keep the system cheap. I guess Microsoft and Nintendo got their research from different groups.

Most people don't have ethernet ports in their living room.

MS didn't include Wi-Fi to keep costs down.

Nintendo includied wi-fi to make the experience easier.

Yeah, really. Nintendo can't tell which end is up when it comes to online (or apparently, games) and I'm supposed to believe they have this amazing grasp on what people use/want?

I have no idea where most people's network connections are, but I've got ones in my living room, kitchen, and bedroom.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Yeah, really. Nintendo can't tell which end is up when it comes to online (or apparently, games) and I'm supposed to believe they have this amazing grasp on what people use/want?

I have no idea where most people's network connections are, but I've got ones in my living room, kitchen, and bedroom.[/quote]

The average person doesn't have his house wired for ethernet. Wireless is just easier, and suits the needs of the average person (Nintendo's target user - NOT the people on this forum).

Last edited by a moderator:
The average person doesn't know how to configure wifi either. And at any rate, I think I recall figures that a lot more people have internet connections than have wifi...

[quote name='Wolfpup']The average person doesn't know how to configure wifi either. And at any rate, I think I recall figures that a lot more people have internet connections than have wifi...[/quote]

Where their computer is, not necessarily their living room. If they're splitting the connection, they probably need a router, too (and the knowledge of how to configure it). Again, most people are going with wireless these days because they don't want to run wires everywhere and it's almost as easy to configure.

And in my area, DSL and FiOS packages all come with a wireless router. It's quickly becoming a wifi world - that's why Nintendo went with their strategy for the average person, a casual gamer.

bread's done
Back