Xbox 360 Pro Holiday Bundle (with Forza 2/MUA) $334.99 shipped

[quote name='rockytrh']you can also use google checkout for the "first" time and get $10 more off.[/quote]Unfortunately it doesn't let you use the google check out with another coupon. I tried. Hah

Ugh I ordered this bundle from buy.com on a Wednesday night (10/10) and selected 2 day shipping (paid an extra $30) it's now Friday night and still no confirmation of shipment.

If my 360 doesn't get here tommorow I will be incredibly pissed because I sure as hell didn't pay $30 for 2 day shipping only to get the item 5 days later. To top it off I called their toll free # twice today in order to check the status and ask for a price adjustment with the 5% off coupon and stayed on hold for literally 15 minutes each time before I got impatient and hung up. I never even got the chance to speak to an actual human being so I sent an e-mail.

There's absolutely no mention on their website that the item maybe OOS or Back-ordered so there is no reason why the item should not have shipped already.

holler, after I bought an unlocked phone from Buy.com for a "steal" that was defective and waited months for a replacement, I demanded a refund. It didn't come until 2 days after I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, by which point I had bought the same thing for less from Amazon.

I stay away from Buy.com now (except for the $30 XBL 13 month card, and only then because I didn't mind waiting) because it has CRAP phone support and shipping is slow as molasses. I'd tell you to get a refund but good luck with that happening in a timely fashion!

[quote name='prateeko']holler, after I bought an unlocked phone from Buy.com for a "steal" that was defective and waited months for a replacement, I demanded a refund. It didn't come until 2 days after I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, by which point I had bought the same thing for less from Amazon.

I stay away from Buy.com now (except for the $30 XBL 13 month card, and only then because I didn't mind waiting) because it has CRAP phone support and shipping is slow as molasses. I'd tell you to get a refund but good luck with that happening in a timely fashion![/quote]They're really slow? Should I cancel my order and get it somewhere else?

Where is this mysterious 5%? Someone posted a link, but that just took me to the buy.com product page. I don't see anything to indicate that the link had the 5% off embedded in it....

[quote name='bigbri9']Where is this mysterious 5%? Someone posted a link, but that just took me to the buy.com product page. I don't see anything to indicate that the link had the 5% off embedded in it....[/quote]I posted it a few posts up. It takes you to a page where you have to click Redeem Coupon, which adds it to your cart and adjusts your total.

Is there any way to tell if it is a new one with HDMI???

EDIT: Screw it - I'm getting it anyway. I don't really need HDMI and if it breaks, well then it breaks and I send it away. It's a gamble that's well worth it considering how in college it's hard to get to a lot of stores and so the free shipping really does it for me. Hope it's a newer system though. Now to find a deal on another wireless controller!

Well, considering how stores are getting fat stickers to slap on the boxes and kits to convert older ones into the new holiday packages, I wouldn't be so sure...it doesn't say HDMI anywhere.

Don't forget the extra $10 back AR for declining the free magazine subscription brings the final price down to 324.99 shipped.

Personally I'm leaning towards waiting for the new Core bundle to become available at 280-14(5% off)-10(mag rebate)=$256. At that price I can always add the HD later...

[quote name='JackFlash666']Well, considering how stores are getting fat stickers to slap on the boxes and kits to convert older ones into the new holiday packages, I wouldn't be so sure...it doesn't say HDMI anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Where did you hear this? You're saying stores are opening new ones just to convert them to the holiday bundle?

[quote name='ryanbph']what is the frys bundle deal?[/QUOTE]

It's dead, but it was the Bundle (said with HDMI) with the Forza 2/ Marvel: UA games, plus Bioshock, Orange Box and Two Worlds for $399.99.

Crap, now I'm worried it could be an older non-hdmi system. I want to make sure but can't find a phone # on the site... anyone know it? I'll cancel my order if it isn't a newer shipment with HDMI..

Guys, I just checked out a bunch of things complaining about their customer service and long ship times… and this might not even have HDMI… I think I'm going to cancel and just go buy it at ebgames…

[quote name='JackFlash666']ah shit I didn't know that not getting the magazine would decrease it by $10. Gah.[/quote]Don't worry... not a big deal. You would have to mail in a $10 rebate, and someone on here said it took them something like 7 or 10 months to get that $10...

By the way I checked out other stores with the bundle and they all come with HDMI… This should too… Now it's just whether or not I want to wait on the long shipping…

Cool - i don't mind waiting because i'm in college and next week for me is going be impossibly hard and I can't deal with a system arriving so if I don't get it until next friday, so much the better.

[quote name='JackFlash666']Cool - i don't mind waiting because i'm in college and next week for me is going be impossibly hard and I can't deal with a system arriving so if I don't get it until next friday, so much the better.[/quote]Me too but mv copy of gears of war came yesterday and bioshock and halo 3 are on the way, so I'm itching to get a 360 here. haha. What classes do you have now? I've got calculus, physics, & philosophy :cry: :lol:

Just an update on my situation. I would just like to let it be known that this will be the absolute last time I am ever going to deal with buy.com ever again. Worst customer service I have ever dealt with.

I called regrading my order (I chose 2 day shipping it has now been 2 days and not even a notification of shipment) and they basically told me it takes them 2-3 days to PROCESS then another 2 days to ship. So essentially I paid an extra $30 for NOTHING. There was NEVER any mention that the item might be OOS or back-ordered.

I got fed up and cancelled my order but they basically said that because its "processing" (keep in mind that the item still has not shipped) that they cannot cancel the order and that if I am not around to refuse the item (I ORDERED 2 DAY SHIPPING SO THAT I WOULD BE AROUND) that I would have to take care of the return shipping out of my own pocket.

Basically, rather than cancelling my order, they are going to ship it anyways so they can hold on to my money until I return the item, which may possibly arrive when I am not even around so I have to pay my own return shipping. I CANT even BUY ANOTHER 360 ELSEWHERE because they are holding onto my $370 UNTIL THEY DECIDE if they want to ship it and let me deal with having to refuse it when it arrives.

BUYER BEWARE.

[quote name='holler']Ugh I ordered this bundle from buy.com on a Wednesday night (10/10) and selected 2 day shipping (paid an extra $30) it's now Friday night and still no confirmation of shipment.

If my 360 doesn't get here tommorow I will be incredibly pissed because I sure as hell didn't pay $30 for 2 day shipping only to get the item 5 days later. To top it off I called their toll free # twice today in order to check the status and ask for a price adjustment with the 5% off coupon and stayed on hold for literally 15 minutes each time before I got impatient and hung up. I never even got the chance to speak to an actual human being so I sent an e-mail.

There's absolutely no mention on their website that the item maybe OOS or Back-ordered so there is no reason why the item should not have shipped already.[/quote]

Another update: Guess what? Despite the fact that I cancelled my order, they shipped the item anyways. NOW, I have to waste even more time and wait around until the package arrives to refuse delivery. If I happen to not be around when the item arrives, then I have to pay the return delivery out of my own pocket.

Not only that, but the CSR's were absolutely worthless, reciting the same thing over and over again. Apparently taking 5+ days to ship an item via 2 day delivery with a $30 shipping charge is a normal practice for them.

If saving $25 is worth dealing with their practically non-existent "customer service" in case any problems occur, not to mention their 2-3 "process" days in addition to the shipping time, then be my guest.

Now, I have to wait another week until they refund me my money before I buy the item from another retailer. THANKS BUY.COM

[quote name='joshualogan']Me too but mv copy of gears of war came yesterday and bioshock and halo 3 are on the way, so I'm itching to get a 360 here. haha. What classes do you have now? I've got calculus, physics, & philosophy :cry: :lol:[/QUOTE]

Oh man, I got freaking Accounting, Econ, Stats, and a high level spanish course. And I have a midterm in the first two next week plus an outrageous amount of work for spanish. So while i want the 360, I will basically fail out of 2-3 classes if it comes soon lol.

Holler that sucks man, I just hope it gets here, then I don't have to deal with Buy.com anymore because the warranty is under microsoft and I didn't spring for shipping - plus i'm buying games from other places.

I just checked and apparently it shipped today, so I should have it during the week sometime. I ordered Thursday night with free shipping and it shipped out today with Fedex ground... so it's pretty fast for me! and holler, that sucks, but I think A LOT of companies take 1-2 days to process. Also it says on the site they can only cancel orders before they're shipped. Their customer service does suck though, but I'm not having any problems...

They just added that to the linked page - didn't say that before. So now i'm worried that the one I ordered on Friday will not have it. Damnit - looks like it won't have the heatsink.

This thread is a very very nice reminder for why I have only ordered from buy 3 times, with only 1 of the orders being successful.

Amazon > Buy.com

A lot of online stores > Buy.com

Really? In the last 2 weeks, I've ordered like 6 different items from them, and I got them all within a week of original purchase, no problems whatsoever.
(((knock on wood)))

Ok I really want a 360, but I'm very worried about getting a red ring of death...because quite a few of my friends have had problems with the 360. Does anyone know if these 20gig HDMI versions have fewer problems?

I ordered two items from buy.com, a DS Lite and Metroid Prime 3...had no problem at all.

This new version has a second heat sink, but its the same cpu that over heats. So the problem is there but less likely to break down. I'm waiting to to buy it from Amazon, they're out of stock currently, so the the holiday bundle should be there when they restock.

[quote name='spookyhurst']When you add the item to your cart, it says "Xbox 360 Pro System (20 GB HD, HDMI) Holiday Bundle," so don't worry about it lacking HDMI.[/quote]hopefully it was like that the whole time and they just edited the item title. I'm gonna be pissed if there's no HDMI

[quote name='joshualogan']hopefully it was like that the whole time and they just edited the item title. I'm gonna be pissed if there's no HDMI[/quote]

Considering that there has been no one anywhere mention getting one of the new "Pro" systems or bundled systems without an HDMI port, I'd say we are in the clear.

Anyone know what's up with the google checkout? I just tried to buy HL2 Orange Box with google checkout to get $10 off and I can't register an account.it won't let me enter my city name, state, or zipcode, as soon as I click off the box what I entered just disappears. Does't make any sense and is EXTRMELY annoying. I can't sign up to use the google checkout because of it. Anyone else have this problem?

I ordered my 360 on friday night with free shipping, so guys, please post details about the unit you get when it arrives so that we can see how this deal turns out (does it have HDMI etc.)

joshualogan - thats weird man, hope they don't start limiting the items it can be used with...

[quote name='yumms']I ordered two items from buy.com, a DS Lite and Metroid Prime 3...had no problem at all.

This new version has a second heat sink, but its the same cpu that over heats. So the problem is there but less likely to break down. I'm waiting to to buy it from Amazon, they're out of stock currently, so the the holiday bundle should be there when they restock.[/quote]

How do you know that it has a 2nd heat sink and doesn't over heat?

Though MS does provide a 3-year warranty, I don't want to deal with sending my console back and forth and waiting for 4-6 weeks while they send me a new one.

[quote name='joshualogan']They're really slow? Should I cancel my order and get it somewhere else?[/QUOTE]
It all depends on what you buy and where you live. I'm in the LA area and get orders shipped next day on express saver shipping which normally takes at least a week to come. Only thing is I have to pay tax...=(

bread's done
Back