Xbox 360 Pro - Jasper

1NintendoFan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to get an Xbox 360 soon. It is the only system I don't have and it appears to offer a lot more games at lower prices and it would be nice to be able to pick up some cheaper games with ease. I'm really only wanting to get one if I can find a Jasper and was just curious on recommendations of where/when to buy it.

I see Dell has a 15% off coupon, which is a decent deal, my main concern is that I can't tell if they are selling Jasper units or not. I have $45 from Best Buy Reward Zone that I was wanting to use, but 15% would work if it was the best I could do and just use the rest for games. I just wasn't sure if there was a better deal.

I'm not sure if I should go ahead and get the 360 from Dell or if I should possibly wait and see what happens with the bundles that have been rumored.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

hmmm i think i remember people saying that they were getting jaspers from dell, but im not 100% on that. maybe someone can confirm this

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']hmmm i think i remember people saying that they were getting jaspers from dell, but im not 100% on that. maybe someone can confirm this[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I've been in the process of moving, so I haven't had much time to look into more recent experiences. When I last checked people were still getting non-jasper models.

I will definitely look into it!

Ordered a 360 Arcade from dell about 3 months ago and it was jasper. I think all the arcades are jaspers. I heard Elites are not guaranteed to be. And I think most 60 GB bundles are jasper as well.

[quote name='Murderotica7']Ordered a 360 Arcade from dell about 3 months ago and it was jasper. I think all the arcades are jaspers. I heard Elites are not guaranteed to be. And I think most 60 GB bundles are jasper as well.[/QUOTE]

From what I have heard, all the Arcade models are Jasper units. I was planning to get the Pro model because they I would like the backwards compatibility and don't have a hard drive since this is my first system.

From what I have heard, the Elites are kind of like Pros, some are and some aren't, the only ones that are for sure Jasper is the Resident Evil Bundle.

When you say the 60gb Bundles, which Bundle are you referring to? I've been shopping for a 360 for a little while now the 60gb is the only one I've not found in a bundle yet.

I'm deliberating if I should go with the Dell deal since it saves about $45, or if I should wait and see if the rumored bundles are real. The rumors are claiming the games that are going to be bundled are going to be great, but I have no idea what they might be and I will probably end up trading them anyway, so it won't provide much value. From what I've read Microsoft is going to keep the price at $299 but include the games and then lower than Elite to $299 as well. Personally, I feel there could be a little drop in price as well to try and get the Pros sold, so I'm tempted to wait.

Does Dell have these offers often? It seems like I've seen quite a few of these type deals, but usually around Christmas time (I don't think I can wait that long :roll: ) I guess if they do offer these discounts it is a win/win to wait.

I'm looking to get an Xbox 360 soon. It is the only system I don't have
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

[quote name='1NintendoFan']From what I have heard, the Elites are kind of like Pros, some are and some aren't, the only ones that are for sure Jasper is the Resident Evil Bundle.[/QUOTE]
There are no Black Elites with the Jasper chip. Even the new Halo 3/Fable II bundle still has Falcon chipsets, making it very apparent that they haven't manufactured the Black Elites since Jasper and are just trying to get rid of the Elite line.

Through Dell, in the last few threads, 60GB's with Jasper seemed to be about 20%. Probably not something you're going to want to risk if you feel you must have the new chipset. I think the last Falcon Arcade that slipped through Dell was back in November (that was reported here, at least), so that's probably you're best bet.

Just get an Arcade for ~$180, then pick up a 120gb hard drive off of eBay for ~$70. $250 total. If you must have new, you may want to consider the Amazon Trade-In Deal, trade-in $50 worth of games and get 50% off the 120gb HDD. After coupon and credit, the most out of pocket would be $17.50.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Skoad']There are no Black Elites with the Jasper chip. Even the new Halo 3/Fable II bundle still has Falcon chipsets, making it very apparent that they haven't manufactured the Black Elites since Jasper and are just trying to get rid of the Elite line.

Through Dell, in the last few threads, 60GB's with Jasper seemed to be about 20%. Probably not something you're going to want to risk if you feel you must have the new chipset. I think the last Falcon Arcade that slipped through Dell was back in November (that was reported here, at least), so that's probably you're best bet.

Just get an Arcade for ~$180, then pick up a 120gb hard drive off of eBay for ~$70. $250 total. If you must have new, you may want to consider the Amazon Trade-In Deal, trade-in $50 worth of games and get 50% off the 120gb HDD. After coupon and credit, the most out of pocket would be $17.50.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'm not planning to get the Elite. I don't really want another black console and don't particularly like the look of it, plus I don't really need the extra hard drive space.

I will probably just wait to see what happens with the bundles or get it from a store where I can see all the info because I don't want to risk getting a Falcon.

The only issue with getting an arcade is that I would prefer to get a new hard drive and I think I would have to sell half of my game collection to get $50 worth of trade through Amazon. I tried the other day trading every game I don't want and even a few games I like, but could part with and the total value was $15.

Thanks for your reply!

Ive been looking for a time to purchase a 360. I was gonna jump on the Dells Arcade bundle the other day, then get a hard drive. Im trying to see if I can get some good games at the Hollywood Video sale going on and trade them in.

I just finished talking with Dell. The sale person I spoke with claims that they only have Jasper model Pros now. He said that if I were to order it and I did get a Falcon model they would exchange it for me.

I'm kind of tempted to take this deal. I don't know if/when they will offer another 15% off coupon because that makes for a nice amount off and I don't know if they will be offering free shipping then too. Since the 15% off is through the end of the month I'm leaning toward waiting to see if the bundles may come out before then and then be able to use the coupon code on the bundle.

I also asked about Dell's warranty and though it is a little higher than Best Buys, it seems to be much better.

I'm very tempted to give this a go, so many decisions

bread's done
Back