XBOX 360 Pro with T Clancy End War for $258.99

[quote name='silent h3ro']You would think that you would stop buying them after what? 5 broken 360's in only 2 months!? Do you keep your 360 in an air tight box when it's on??[/quote]

He said he keeps sending them back to Microsoft for "repairs/replacement"
not buying them. I'm in the same boat only not that small of a timeframe.
I've had 5 broken ones in the last 3 years. They keep sending me crap
refurbished consoles. the last one I got just about a month and a half ago.
It was manufactured in 2006 and it's already freezing up all the time.
It really pissed me off because I specifically asked for my replacement to
have an HDMI port simply so I knew it would be one of the newer ones.

Anyway I finally went ahead and bit on this deal. It's to good to pass up
right now. It'll give me the 60 GB hard drive (I still only have the 20 GB
from the original Pro.), a couple of free games and hopefully a jasper
console. Although a falcon would still be a step up from what I've got.

I'll let you guys know what version I get.

[quote name='silent h3ro']You would think that you would stop buying them after what? 5 broken 360's in only 2 months!? Do you keep your 360 in an air tight box when it's on??[/quote]

No, my first xbox 360 I kept for almost 3 years. They send me broken xbox 360s.
[quote name='silent h3ro']Vlad - I don't think it should take 5 breaking refurbs to realize a trend. No offense here, I'm just making a point.[/quote]
Dont try to start flaming, or try to start a spat over something so dumb. I have all 3 of the major consoles (wii, ps3, and 360) and I use them all. My library is VERY large, I play a lot of games, I want my consoles to work though. Xbox 360 has been out longer and has a larger library. That translates to cheaper games to buy. I just want my console to work, thats why i decided to upgrade to a new xbox 360, sure there QA sucks at the refurbish center, but a new 360 should fix it all. That should be the end of the conversation. If you dont like the deal, then get off the thread right?

[quote name='BigFishCarl']I just jumped on it. I'm tired of sending my xbox360 back to microsoft
(5 xboxes in 2 months). So I just bought a new one. Once I get this
newest refurbished one in, im going to sell it.[/quote]

I was in a similar boat as you which is why I ordered this 360.

Basically I am on my 5th Xbox 360 in 3 years. Recently my elite died and they want 120.00 dollars to fix it. First off it's not a red ring and it's two week off the year warranty (damn e74 error). I dont understand how you can't have the system totally coverd for 3 years... anyways. The other problem is I am one of those Rock Band freaks. My song collection is somewhere over 475. It's all tied to the serial and I'll be damned if I am going to have to go online and switch the serial over for all those songs and then have to re-download them.

If I do send my system in I want MY system back. I don't care if I have to wait. That's one of the reasons why I bougt this system in the mean time. It's the principle and I will go through hell to make sure I get what I am asking for.

But I love this deal. I just hate that Dell couldn't cancel my first order before it shipped or I got charged. I better not get a damn re-stocking fee...

[quote name='MarkHawk']I was in a similar boat as you which is why I ordered this 360.

Basically I am on my 5th Xbox 360 in 3 years. Recently my elite died and they want 120.00 dollars to fix it. First off it's not a red ring and it's two week off the year warranty (damn e74 error). I dont understand how you can't have the system totally coverd for 3 years... anyways. The other problem is I am one of those Rock Band freaks. My song collection is somewhere over 475. It's all tied to the serial and I'll be damned if I am going to have to go online and switch the serial over for all those songs and then have to re-download them.

If I do send my system in I want MY system back. I don't care if I have to wait. That's one of the reasons why I bougt this system in the mean time. It's the principle and I will go through hell to make sure I get what I am asking for.

But I love this deal. I just hate that Dell couldn't cancel my first order before it shipped or I got charged. I better not get a damn re-stocking fee...[/quote]

You mean that my games that I downloded via the xbox marketplace wont be able to be downloaded on this new xbox? I thought the games were tied to the account.

... did a quick search
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/
you can transfer your licences to your new xbox.

[quote name='BigFishCarl']You mean that my games that I downloded via the xbox marketplace wont be able to be downloaded on this new xbox? I thought the games were tied to the account.

... did a quick search
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/
you can transfer your licences to your new xbox.[/quote]

No your right about transferring the license. My problem is I have over 500 pieces of DLC that I would need to transfer (Only allowed to transfer a license once a year by the way) and re-download onto the new system. Even if your using the same Hard drive you need to go to your download history and click re-download in order to use the media/data when youre not signed into live. I learned this the hard way while hosting some Rock Band events early last year.

Just noticed: 4000 Point Cards are 15% off ($39.52). Obviously by themselves shipping ruins it a little bit, but with a system you're definitely clear the $129 free shipping minimum.

[quote name='BigFishCarl']I just jumped on it. I'm tired of sending my xbox360 back to microsoft
(5 xboxes in 2 months). So I just bought a new one. Once I get this
newest refurbished one in, im going to sell it.[/quote]

So I got my new xbox 360 in, its not a jasper. I transfer all my licences over to the new 360.. painless, play some xbox live arcade games with a friend, all good. This morning I wake up to play a game and the dvd drive doesnt work.....................:cry::drool:

[quote name='BigFishCarl']So I got my new xbox 360 in, its not a jasper. I transfer all my licences over to the new 360.. painless, play some xbox live arcade games with a friend, all good. This morning I wake up to play a game and the dvd drive doesnt work.....................:cry::drool:[/quote]

this is why i always hesitate on getting one, these things break with regularity. Sorry about your machine.

[quote name='rad.dreamer3kx']this is why i always hesitate on getting one, these things break with regularity. Sorry about your machine.[/quote]

It's a great deal but it's sad that I can't wait for the generation of Xbox mainly so I don't have to worry about it dieing every year.

[quote name='MarkHawk']It's a great deal but it's sad that I can't wait for the generation of Xbox mainly so I don't have to worry about it dieing every year.[/quote]You can always buy an extended warranty if you are worried about it breaking. There are many great games that deserved to be played on the 360.

The deal is even better now. It's $120 off instead of $100, so after the extra 7% discount it comes to $222 before tax. I think I'm gonna finally bite on one, even though I'm more than happy with my PS3, just because so many of my friends have them.

Yeah I had to bite on this. I don't want a Falcon, but at $222+tax it's too good a deal to pass up. If I do get a Falcon I'll probably resell it.

Well, I bit on this. When I sent in my first RRoD'd unit (made in 2006), they gave me back a refurbed launch unit, made in 2005. The thing was loud and buggy as hell. Now that one just died, and it's on its way back to M$. I've been wanting an HDMI-outputting unit, and this price is too good to pass up. Here's hoping for a Jasper...

im a little behind my xbox 360 knowledge but does this 360 pro come with hdmi? i know they were beginning to put them in on non elite 360 but at this point is it garenteed that i will get hdmi?

[quote name='elnino4080']im a little behind my xbox 360 knowledge but does this 360 pro come with hdmi? i know they were beginning to put them in on non elite 360 but at this point is it garenteed that i will get hdmi?[/quote]You are guaranteed HDMI from Dell.

[quote name='elnino4080']im a little behind my xbox 360 knowledge but does this 360 pro come with hdmi? i know they were beginning to put them in on non elite 360 but at this point is it garenteed that i will get hdmi?[/quote]

HDMI has been the standard shortly after the elite was launched in 07. If your getting their 08 holiday bundle it'll be on there. If your buying new, chances are it'll have an HDMI port.

Just got mine last night and Dun Du Du Dah... it's a Falcon. :cry: I haven't
opened it yet though. I might try the Gamestop swap thing. I've got a
frient that used to manage one and I think he still has some ties there. My
GF will tell me I'm retarded though. :lol:

Why do so many people buy 360's if they know they break. I have a PS3 and want a 360 but am to scared to buuy one. Do people think it's funny when they have to replace the system multiple times? I just don't understand. I also read how some people have 2 or more 360's so they can stay in gameplay while the other gets fixed. Is there something i'm seriously missing out on the 360? I do want one but dont want the problems.

[quote name='bmoregeniusinc']Why do so many people buy 360's if they know they break. I have a PS3 and want a 360 but am to scared to buuy one. Do people think it's funny when they have to replace the system multiple times? I just don't understand. I also read how some people have 2 or more 360's so they can stay in gameplay while the other gets fixed. Is there something i'm seriously missing out on the 360? I do want one but dont want the problems.[/quote]

Ah the story of the Xbox 360 Loyalist. I'm not trying to speak for
everyone but this is what I believe:

Many people, myself included, have gone through having multiple Xbox 360's
break(RROD, E74, etc.) and still send them back each time or buy newer
versions just to have one that works. This is a testament to how good the
system actually is. Now I know that sounds counterintuitive but hear me out.
If the system wasn't spectacular would we deal with that? I'm not talking
about the nuts and bolts (i.e. the hardware that's actually breaking down).
I'm talking about the Dashboard/NXE, Xbox Live, The Marketplace, and of
course the games/, online multiplayer and Achievements/Gamerscore. Even
the shape of the controller. It all gels to make for a wonderful and fun
experience. I get a warm and fuzzy feeling every time I turn on my xbox 360.

I've had to send my Xbox 360 in 5 times and now with this deal I've bought
a whole new one. And YES it is worth it to have that feeling every day.
Even if it is just for a few minutes playing an arcade game.

On the bright side, you as a new Xbox 360 customer would be getting one
of the newer versions of the console. They have a very small chance of
breaking. The horror stories like mine and BigFishCarl's are mostly on first
or second year consoles. But in fact I have a close friend who got one on
launch day same as me and has never had so much as a hicup. Go figure.

Sorry to be so long winded but I just explained this to a friend at work the
other day and felt it needed to be posted here. You know since you asked
and all.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vlad Impaler7']
If the system wasn't spectacular would we deal with that? [/quote]
I think most people deal with it because they invested so much time into the console that it doesn't seem worth it to start over, not because the system is so "spectacular".
It all gels to make for a wonderful and fun
experience. I get a warm and fuzzy feeling every time I turn on my xbox 360.[/quote]
ROFL! Are you paid to say this?
I've had to send my Xbox 360 in 5 times and now with this deal I've bought
a whole new one. And YES it is worth it to have that feeling every day.
Even if it is just for a few minutes playing an arcade game.[/quote]I think it's unacceptable that customers have to deal with shit like this.

[quote name='silent h3ro']ROFL! Are you paid to say this?[/quote]
No I just really like my 360. I just thought the "warm and fuzzy" thing
would be a humorous way to put it. I guess I was right.:lol:
[quote name='silent h3ro']I think it's unacceptable that customers have to deal with shit like this.[/quote]
You're right. It is unacceptable. But we do deal with it because we really
like our 360's. That's my point. It is well worth having one. And at least
Microsoft owned up to the issue and for a while now has had the 3 year
warranty in place.

I ordered this for $240 shipped using the Dell Educational discount.

Got a jasper.

If you're shipped from Fresno, CA, there is a good chance your 360 will be a jasper.

Mine was shipped from Fresno and I got a Falcon. It's actually not bad though. I don't think it's loud and it doesn't heat up too much after 3 hours of play.

My new one seems to be dieing. Keeps freezing in Grand Theft Auto and weird texture issues in L4D. Still haven't gotten my refund from dell for the one I was over charged for.

[quote name='silent h3ro']Mine also shipped from Fresno. How do you know that there is such a good chance of them being Jasper?[/QUOTE]

50/50 it seems like. Been reading SD/CAG.

Mines definitely a jasper though.

12.1 rail
Lot 0842X
Made 10/2008

12V Current Rating ------ Xbox 360 Revision
16,5A ----------------------------- Zephyr
14,2A ----------------------------- Falcon
12,1A ----------------------------- Jasper
http://www.anandtech.com/gadgets/showdoc.aspx?i=3472&p=2

Just waiting on my HDMI cables to show up.

[quote name='silent h3ro']It's the same as the Endwar Bundle except without Endwar. Both are Holiday Bundle consoles.[/quote]

Oh no is it! What have I Done!!!!! :p

I know it's the same bundle which is why I accepted it. I'm hoping when he said the manufacture is no longer making it he meant the falcons. But Who knows, just want it to work. :D

[quote name='MarkHawk']Oh no is it! What have I Done!!!!! :p

I know it's the same bundle which is why I accepted it. I'm hoping when he said the manufacture is no longer making it he meant the falcons. But Who knows, just want it to work. :D[/quote]I said that because you still probably have the same chance of getting a falcon. I'm sure when Dell said they were no longer manufactured he/she probably thought the Endwar bundle was a different SKU, which it is not. Dell just stopped bundling Endwar. I don't think all the falcons would be gone that quickly but I could be wrong though. Good luck to you on hopefully getting a Jasper.

[quote name='silent h3ro']I said that because you still probably have the same chance of getting a falcon. I'm sure when Dell said they were no longer manufactured he/she probably thought the Endwar bundle was a different SKU, which it is not. Dell just stopped bundling Endwar. I don't think all the falcons would be gone that quickly but I could be wrong though. Good luck to you on hopefully getting a Jasper.[/quote]

Good point and Thanks. I'll keep you guys in the loop.

So after all the problems I have been having with the 360, they finally gave me something for all my trouble. VIVA FREAKING PINATA! Just have your 360 break 5 times due to problems at the refurbish center demand that you talk to a supervisor and they will give you a pick of. Viva Pinata, project gothem racing 3, an xbox live vision camera, a 360 media controller, and a play and charge kit. *sigh*

[quote name='BigFishCarl']So after all the problems I have been having with the 360, they finally gave me something for all my trouble. VIVA FREAKING PINATA! Just have your 360 break 5 times due to problems at the refurbish center demand that you talk to a supervisor and they will give you a pick of. Viva Pinata, project gothem racing 3, an xbox live vision camera, a 360 media controller, and a play and charge kit. *sigh*[/quote]

I asked for a supervisor a few weeks ago but the gentleman said there was no manager there at the time. I'll try it again though since Im still fighting to get my system repaired.

bread's done
Back