Xbox 360 quick charge kit $19.99 shipped at Buy.com

I'd really advise against this thing. The batteries don't last long. You'll get a good year or so but then they're totally worthless. Buy some eneloop rechargeables instead.

[quote name='yantelope']I'd really advise against this thing. The batteries don't last long. You'll get a good year or so but then they're totally worthless. Buy some eneloop rechargeables instead.[/QUOTE]

This hasn't been my experience.

I try to run the batteries down before recharging them, but this thing is fantastic and extremely convenient.

I always have a battery or two sitting on it -- I have 5 batteries total -- 4 original Microsoft, and one off-brand. The charger works with all of them.

Three of my batteries are from 9/07 when I originally purchased the system, and they have only been charged through the quick charge kit, and I still get several days of playtime from each battery.

[quote name='daminion']This hasn't been my experience.

I try to run the batteries down before recharging them, but this thing is fantastic and extremely convenient.

I always have a battery or two sitting on it -- I have 5 batteries total -- 4 original Microsoft, and one off-brand. The charger works with all of them.

Three of my batteries are from 9/07 when I originally purchased the system, and they have only been charged through the quick charge kit, and I still get several days of playtime from each battery.[/QUOTE]I've had the experience that out of five batteries I had, one worked without issue, three had half-lifespan and one was pretty much useless. The best I could manage was 2-3 days of playtime and that would be it for my best battery.

I dumped them off at GS at some point as a trade in, switched to Enerloop rechargeable AA's and get weeks worth of playtime.

My recommendation is invest in some Enerloop rechargeables and don't touch the MS-branded kit with a ten foot pole.

Warning: I tried using regular, rechargeable batteries in my 360 controller, and they got stuck in the plastic case. It took a pair of pliers, and several painful minutes trying to get them out.

[quote name='drawingboard']Warning: I tried using regular, rechargeable batteries in my 360 controller, and they got stuck in the plastic case. It took a pair of pliers, and several painful minutes trying to get them out.[/QUOTE]I've never had that issue with my Enerloops. Must be specific to the batteries you're using.

I actually give the quick-charge kit a whole-hearted recomendation. I have a red rechargable battery that came with a red controller, that would not charge at all using either an official MS or third party play-and-charge cable, in any of three different controllers. I thought it was toast. I ended up getting the quick-charge kit, and tried that red battery in it, and it brought it back to life. Got about 2 weeks of solid play out of the charge, too. It charges my third-party batteries as well (although they don't last nearly as long, but I think that's the battery, not the charger). Nothing wrong with using rechargable AA's instead, but if you already have some rechargable battery packs, I think this thing works MUCH better than the play-and-charge cables.

[quote name='yantelope']I'd really advise against this thing. The batteries don't last long. You'll get a good year or so but then they're totally worthless. Buy some eneloop rechargeables instead.[/QUOTE]
I'm with you. The play-n-charge kits suck too. I've had the same experience. The batteries are great for about a year and then stop holding a charge.

For $20, you can't beat this. I've had one for 3 years. My rechargeable packs still work great.

The play and charge kits are hard on batteries and kill their lifespan, so I only use the quick charge kit.

yeah my play and charge kit just stopped working altogether and my quick chagre DOES charge the batteries but they dont last that long at all i have to use 2 battery packs a day usually..

I have 3 play and charge kits and they never worked correctly. Sometimes they charge the battery pack and it will last a week or two with minimal gaming, but most of the time I need them plugged in to the console. I'll give this thing a shot.

[quote name='mitnosi']I use this, and its worked pretty well for me these last 6 or so months.[/QUOTE]

My quick and charge kit never worked. I exchanged, and the second one didn't work either. I never bothered taking it back again and just used Eneloop batteries. They are fantastic. Just charge them whenever, I have spares to pop in any time and no more wires. The batteries keep a charge for at least a year. As a plus they also work in my Wii motes!

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']So where are the deals on these Eneloops?
I'm looking at this http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-Eneloop...4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1283233587&sr=8-4 to start things off with.
Is this a reasonable price?[/QUOTE]

That is not a bad deal.

The best deal used to be at Costco as you got 8 AA, 4 AAA, a case with battery adapter and charger for around $20 if you bought them during discounts. They have now changed the packaged so I'm not sure what is included, but I believe they now have the improved batteries.

I'm looking at this http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-Eneloop...4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1283233587&sr=8-4 to start things off with.
Is this a reasonable price?[/QUOTE]It's a decent price. SlickDeals usually has some threads about the best place to pick up Enerloops, be it Amazon or other vendors. Might want to give a look on there and see if there's a better deal to be had.

[quote name='gamingdroid']That is not a bad deal.

The best deal used to be at Costco as you got 8 AA, 4 AAA, a case with battery adapter and charger for around $20 if you bought them during discounts. They have now changed the packaged so I'm not sure what is included, but I believe they now have the improved batteries.[/QUOTE]Amazon has sold that package off and on over the last couple of years, though I picked up quite a few of the Costco packs and have more than enough Enerloops to last me a while.

[quote name='drawingboard']Warning: I tried using regular, rechargeable batteries in my 360 controller, and they got stuck in the plastic case. It took a pair of pliers, and several painful minutes trying to get them out.[/QUOTE]

had the same problem. its your battery cover, most likely. at least thats what it was for me. i have 3, 2 where my batteries fit perfectly, one where i have a hell of a time getting them back out.

[quote name='shrike4242']I've never had that issue with my Enerloops. Must be specific to the batteries you're using.[/QUOTE]

i am/was using eneloops. but as i said its most likely his battery cover for his 360 controller. that or he does have another brand where the batteries are just a little bigger?

Is this a reasonable price?[/QUOTE]

thats around what i paid for that exact charger/battery package. worth every penny

I have eneloops, they worked great for quite awhile, but by now they no longer hold a charge. I just posted about this in another thread, but I will just say, if you are into using the rechargeable 360 battery packs, the Play & Charge kit will destroy your batteries. I had two or three packs that would no longer hold a charge after using the P&C kit, plugged them into here and they charged fine, and are still working today.

I can't say whether this is better or worse than Eneloops (that comes down to personally opinion, and whether you wanna handle individual batteries), but this thing is leaps and bounds beyond the Play & Charge cable. I definitely recommend it.

[quote name='unopepito06']I have eneloops, they worked great for quite awhile, but by now they no longer hold a charge. I just posted about this in another thread, but I will just say, if you are into using the rechargeable 360 battery packs, the Play & Charge kit will destroy your batteries. I had two or three packs that would no longer hold a charge after using the P&C kit, plugged them into here and they charged fine, and are still working today.

I can't say whether this is better or worse than Eneloops (that comes down to personally opinion, and whether you wanna handle individual batteries), but this thing is leaps and bounds beyond the Play & Charge cable. I definitely recommend it.[/QUOTE]

I can't stress enough how much the Play & Charge device is a POS. This thing should be recalled, it has destroyed both batteries and controlers for me and my friends. I try to plug it in to the controller and even though the battery is almost dead it turns from red to green in less then a minute, not charging the battery pack. This month I have bouth one of these quick charge kits and things are looking good for my battery packs. It even charged a battery a was going to toss in the bin since i was thinking it was broken from all the abuse the play and charge device gave it.

bread's done
Back