Xbox 360 Reviews!

So far the big 3 are CoD2, PGR3, and Condemned, with only Condmened as an exclusive (for now).

Still nothing on PDZ... :whistle2:s

Just got through playing the PS2 demo of King Kong. If you've played this version and the 360 version and feel there are no improvements when it comes to the hardware you're blind. Playing the PS2 version makes me that more excited for the 360.

1up.com has an article that may explain the lack of PDZ reviews. Apparently Rare was working so close to the last minute, that they actually started pressing the discs before they reached gold certification. It did pass, but without a certified game, there would have been nothing to send to reviewers. Footage from this game still looks awesome, and I hope they were able to pull out a complete package under pressure. Should be some reviews surfacing very soon.

A big part of PDZ is going to be the online play, and since 360 owners can't get on Live yet, it doesn't make sense to review the game right now.

[quote name='mmn']A big part of PDZ is going to be the online play, and since 360 owners can't get on Live yet, it doesn't make sense to review the game right now.[/QUOTE]

I dont think that's the reason. How would you review any game with online capabilities before release then? By your logic, if a game is not released then no one can get on Live with it so it doesn't make sense to review it. It's like a catch-22 or something that's warping the space-time continuum... *brain explodes*

[quote name='javeryh']I dont think that's the reason. How would you review any game with online capabilities before release then? By your logic, if a game is not released then no one can get on Live with it so it doesn't make sense to review it. It's like a catch-22 or something that's warping the space-time continuum... *brain explodes*[/QUOTE]

I didn't say it was the reason. But to me it wouldn't make sense to review a game that depends on its online functionality as much as PDZ does without being able to play it online first.

[quote name='mmn']A big part of PDZ is going to be the online play, and since 360 owners can't get on Live yet, it doesn't make sense to review the game right now.[/QUOTE]

Hasn't stopped the CoD2 or PGR3 reviews, both of which have significant live section.

[quote name='morpheus_49017']Hasn't stopped the CoD2 or PGR3 reviews, both of which have significant live section.[/QUOTE]

True, but CoD isn't a game focused on multiplayer as much as PDZ seems to be. Plus, I'm sure reviewers already played CoD multiplayer on the computer and it can't be THAT different over Xbox Live.

But I agree with you about PGR3 - I think that should've waited until Live was up to get reviewed.

PDZ review at OXM supposedly

9/10

* Superb Replay Value
* Colossally addictive on Xbox Live
* More weapons than Charlton Heston
* Better-than-high-end PC visuals

The only minus was

* Embarrassingly Wacky Voiceovers

Updated OP; it now has the scores and links to all the reviews. I'll also be adding "NEW" to the newest reviews I list. If you guys would like to see more reviews than just the 5 big ones (GSpy, IGN, 1Up, TXbox, & Gspot) let me know. Enjoy!

just got the new Game Informer:

Call of Duty 2 -- 9.75, 9.75 (Console and PC Game of the Month)
Condemned-- 8.75, 8.75
Amped 3-- 8.5, 8.5
NBA Live 06-- 6.75, 6
Fifa 06-- 8.25, 7.75

Front Cover: MGS4 ;-)

[quote name='CheapyD']Excellent work highwaypatrolman...STUCK'D![/QUOTE]

wow! THEE cheapyd giving ME a pat on the back. thanks, buddy.

I Have to love the fact that Gamespot's reviews aren't buying the hype, however they are still second to, UK magazine, EDGE's reviews.

I'm really disappointed with the Quake 4 reviews. It was the first game I picked up at launch and I think it's very fun. The single player is extremely basic but it's a fun run & gunner. Though there simply isn't any excuse for the dips in the framerate though, that's just laziness from the developers. The multiplayer is a blast though, definitely my favorite aspect.

Infographic-Xbox-360-C.article.jpg

Well out of the currenty mega titles for the Xbox 360, the only one that I will be getting for sure is Call of Duty 2 (maybe Dead or Alive 4). No worries though, Oblivion will be great and that's a game that will last me for years (literally). I play videogames around 5 hrs. a week and I'm willing to bet that I could spend around 300 hrs. on Oblivion... so yeah, it'll last me awhile (I spend hundreds of hrs. playing Morrowind).

I really enjoyed the demo of Wik: Fable of Souls. Simple fun, but challenging gameplay is where it's at. Just like the other good live arcade games, it's something you can play to relax.

I plan to get the whole game soon, once I get a deal on some live points :)

bread's done
Back