Xbox 360 Shortages for Pre-orders?

Amano

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Well, this is what I've heard from my DM.

During a conference call today, my store (Game Crazy) was told that we're only getting in only 8 bundle systems and 3 core systems, and we have 26-or-so Bundle packs reserved. From what I understand, this isn't just a chain-wide shortage either (it's supposedly effecting all retailers).

I thought I'd pass on the news to you excited people. If any of you have a reservation on a system, I'd highly recommend taking the time and contacting the store and asking about this tidbit.

Then again, if you've heard something contrary to this, by all means ignore what I just said. Like I mentioned already, this is what I was told today at work.

Wow, someone should make a topic on 360 shortages! This is brand new information!

I'm just pickin' on ya, man. Thanks for the info. Check out the threads in the 360 forums. We've had people chime in from K-Mart, Wal-Mart, EB and TRU, you just might be the first GameCrazy employee to share the information here.

While we are on this... Gamestop is sent out an email saying that everyone that reserved for the 1st shipment is going to get their system launch day. There may be a few extra for each store, but that is YMMV.

[quote name='allout1986']While we are on this... Gamestop is sent out an email saying that everyone that reserved for the 1st shipment is going to get their system launch day. There may be a few extra for each store, but that is YMMV.[/QUOTE]

True, though this equates to less than 25% of total reserves at the store I frequent.

Nope, you are correct. I found out I got fucked out of mine by eb today. Would have been nice if they had taken the time to let me know I wasn't getting one, since they DID take the time to call those who are. Seems to me it should have been the other way around. And, supposedly, this is on purpose. Many sources site that even though MS is only going to be able to produce half of the expected amount by christmas, they aren't even going to sell all they DO already have made on day 1. The theory is the shortage will increase demand. In reality, it just means people will spend their money on something else, or wait for the PS3. I have been talking up the 360 since e3. With the latest round of utter MS BS (the stupid ad, peter moore's never-ending asinine comments, a forced even greater shortage, no plans to bring over the great japanese 360 games being made [eM], Nighty-Nine Nights, etc., etc.), and the simple fact that the PS3 IS a better system, I am seriously considering passing it up and just waiting for the PS3. If I'm not getting a 360 until next year anyway, I think I'll just put my money now toward a HDTV and buy the superior PS3 when it comes out. Honestly, the only things the 360 have going for it is the hard drive, which isn't standard, so it doesn't count and the controller. I love the xbox controller and will probably really like the 360 one, but a fucking controller is not worth putting up with this treatment. And yes, I know sony will probably pull the same shit when the PS3 is released, but I SERIOUSLY doubt they will tell retailers they can safely take a number of day 1 preorders, and then cut that number to a quarter of its original amount.

[quote name='allout1986']While we are on this... Gamestop is sent out an email saying that everyone that reserved for the 1st shipment is going to get their system launch day. There may be a few extra for each store, but that is YMMV.[/QUOTE]

So, basically, MS is pulling units from other retailers to give to Gamestop. fucking wonderful. Would someone please tell those assholes gamestop owns eb now so I can get my fucking system. Jackasses.

I know the shortages with general stock wasn't anything new, but I hadn't read anything about actual shortages when it comes to Reserved systems hence my own little topic.

It's unforunate... I have a lot of good, regular customers that are going to be lost because of this, and it isn't even our stores fault. That's the thing that pisses me off the most; our customer service (and a lot of our loyal regulars) is going to go down the drain because of Microsoft. Something's going to be white this holiday, and something tells me it's going to be my hair.

I called my Gamestop today, he said they're getting in 15. Ouch

I reserved in May, so I better get the call this weekend that Im on the first shipment :p

[quote name='seanr1221']I called my Gamestop today, he said they're getting in 15. Ouch

I reserved in May, so I better get the call this weekend that Im on the first shipment :p[/QUOTE]

If you really did it in May, you are. May 28th was the cutoff for 1st and all GS's are getting a few extra over the 1st shipment.

I was originally on the first shipment at my EB, then I got bumped down. I'm fairly confident that if I get up at 6 on the 22nd, I'll be able to find one someplace, there's plenty of stores nearby that would carry it.

this all stems from Xbox 360 WORLDWIDE launch...they can't provide the necessary amounts of Xbox 360's because they are taking resources out of making them for the US and moving those resources to make for Europe, Japan, etc...

Yea I went in to my Gamestop yesterday to check my status. They currently are getting 30 premium systems and I am #59. ouch. The guy told me I would most likely get my system that same week. Yea, right.

[quote name='ZForce']And the annoying part is that people in Japan won't even buy it[/QUOTE]

And without Ghost Recon neither will the people in Europe :roll:

bread's done
Back