Xbox 360 Silver Contoller with new D-pad

saw that yesterday. I ordered one. Been waiting for the right price as well. Cant beat $45, especially since it comes with the Play n' Charge kit.

Apparently these controllers have durability issues, mostly with the 'changing' D-Pad being able to pop off at any given moment.

Way to think of the future, Microsoft.

Kind of sucks, as I've wanted one for awhile, but I'm glad I haven't taken the plunge on one.

[quote name='HydroX']Apparently these controllers have durability issues, mostly with the 'changing' D-Pad being able to pop off at any given moment.

Way to think of the future, Microsoft.

Kind of sucks, as I've wanted one for awhile, but I'm glad I haven't taken the plunge on one.[/QUOTE]

I have flipped my d-pad back and forth a bunch of times, not once has it popped off.

Looks like it's the same $44.96 price at Amazon.

Shipping cost will probably negate the extra $5 savings from that Tigerdirect link.

[quote name='Purkeynator']wonder if they will ever just include these with new consoles...[/QUOTE]

you'd think they would have already done that with the slim models, I dont understand why they havent

Micro$oft is why. Same reason $ony didn't include rumble in the first PS3s and gave the stupid excuse that "it would interfere with Sixaxis" (which people barely use anyway).

I thought they didn't put rumble in the first PS3 controllers because there was some kind of copyright infringement?

[quote name='Brother Daz']you'd think they would have already done that with the slim models, I dont understand why they havent[/QUOTE]

Maybe because the buttons are all silver, not colored.

I mean even tho i know the buttons, telling my GF "green" is much easier for her than me saying A.

I've had this controller for 9 months and been nothing but satisfied. Don't know what the "popping off" claims are about. This controller is just as crisp as Day 1.

I bought it for this price, and it's worth every penny.

Mine's been solid for as long as I've had it. No "popping." I did have problems with the left stick with the first one I got, which is also the problem I had with the controller that it was replacing. I think that is more of a general 360 controller problem and not just this model. So keep those receipts for anyone who buys one. The left stick might stick left.

But since mine works, I love it.

so do these actually work ok for fighting games? I heard that was one of the things the d pad was suposed to do on these, but some o fhte early reviews seemed to indicate that it really didn't

i dont think anyone would argue that the original d-pad is god-awful. The question is if this is an actual improvment

Word of warning. While the dpad is much better than the original (not saying much, the original dpad is plasticized epic fail), the new dpad will rotate by itself under heavy use during games, i.e., MVC3, SSF4, etc.

It also has a cheap, somewhat loose, squeaky feel IMO. YMMV.

[quote name='Kenshindono']so do these actually work ok for fighting games? I heard that was one of the things the d pad was suposed to do on these, but some o fhte early reviews seemed to indicate that it really didn't
[/QUOTE]

The new d-pad sucks. Don't bother.

From what I read about this controller it has the same internal parts as normal 360 controllers. So the twisting/transforming D-Pad still has the same internal flaws the original one had, it just has a raised d-pad.

I picked this up at GS for $40 since I can't find it anywhere else and saw it in store so figured I'd give it a try. I am not an avid fighting game fan, really only play MvC3 casually and it is pretty good IMO. Not as good as a fight stick I am sure, but for $40 it isn't bad.
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/accessories/xbox-360-marvel-controller/90035

[quote name='Saix_XIII']From what I read about this controller it has the same internal parts as normal 360 controllers. So the twisting/transforming D-Pad still has the same internal flaws the original one had, it just has a raised d-pad.[/QUOTE]

I own it and can confirm this is pretty much the case. I would say it is a slight improvement over the original. No reason NOT to buy it if you're in the market for a 360 controller and you like the color...but if someone is hoping for Nintendo style cross precision, they'll be sorely disappointed.

I just purchased it because i can't play mortal kombat on a stick lol any other fighter I could play on stick just need a better directional to play with cause it gets annoying because of how sh1tty Microsoft made the D-pad

Out of curiosity, what standard (as in, non-fighting stick) controller for 360 comes most recommended for fighters? Razer Onza?

bread's done
Back