Xbox 360 Situation

bert90987

CAGiversary!
I was playing my xbox360 and the power went out in my neighbourhood for a little bit. I have the 360 hooked up to a surge protector but when I went ahead to start it up a full red ring was flashing (not rrod). After the 3rd try it started up again and seems to working fine.

I am a little worried about it breaking and was thinking about trading it in (it's the 20gb Go Pro model, the last before the 60gb model came out). Plus I have been looking into getting the 250gb hard drive. I will have roughly $60 in reward certs and gift cards for Best Buy so I was thinking about getting a 250gb hard drive there and then trading in my xbox360 and 20gb hard drive to gamestop and using that credit for an Arcade brand new console. Or should I trade in my console to gamestop and just one of the 250gb bundles? Or, should I wait and see if Microsoft announce a new "slim" form factor at E3 in mid-June I think?

Also, can I use a usb drive to copy all info from my 20gb hard drive and just put that on a new hard drive once I get it?

Thanks for the help guys

if by info u mean games saves then yes you can do that, im not to sure about the slim, MS hasnt been able to fully solved the RROD problem on their current consoles let alone to get a slim model out will not be a good move by MS, just keep playing your console normally, if it breaks you can find someone to fix it on craglist, or do it yourself, is not hard, just a little knowledge on your good to go

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']if by info u mean games saves then yes you can do that, im not to sure about the slim, MS hasnt been able to fully solved the RROD problem on their current consoles let alone to get a slim model out will not be a good move by MS, just keep playing your console normally, if it breaks you can find someone to fix it on craglist, or do it yourself, is not hard, just a little knowledge on your good to go[/QUOTE]

So does using a transfer kit work the same as a usb drive then?

thanks

[quote name='bert90987']when I went ahead to start it up a full red ring was flashing (not rrod). [/QUOTE]

Don't worry. Four red lights means that the AV cables aren't in tight. Just unplug it from the back of the system and plug it back in.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've gotten the four red lights from a power outage before and as soon as I reconnected everything, it worked fine again. It lasted almost a year after that before becoming victim to the E74 error, but I'm sure the two had nothing to do with each other.

bread's done
Back