Xbox 360 slim 250gb, no one has them?

Sanoguzman

CAGiversary!
Today I finally got the money to go buy an Xbox slim without screwing myself over financially.

I decided the console I would like to buy is just the simple Xbox slim with the 250gb hard drive. My xbox live account has to many arcade games that go passed even 30 gbs of memory, so buying a 4gb would be annoying for me. (delete and re-download) And i don't have room in my home for a Kinect, and I just like to sit down and play my game systems.

So before I decided to head outside after work today, I wanted to make sure my local gamestop has my system before I recklessly go there. I called them and it turns out my system is unavailable. Except for all the other Xbox systems
which is fine I guess, I live in NYC so I have tons of options to go to with convenient public transportation.
So I called...around 15 Gamestops (yep, that many). And not a single one has a "250 gb Xbox Slim console" only the ones with a kinect bundle! :cry:

Alright, so I thought to myself "That's cool...there's other stores outside of gamestop anyway" (i really wanted gamestop points, but sometimes it happens...) So i called Best Buy
Horrible phone service that had me on the line for 30 minutes, despite the phone line telling me that I had only 1 customer ahead of me. And once again, they did not have my console.
Then i called 2 more best buys, both of them taking just as long to call.
I wasted more then 2 hrs calling companys, when i could of just been playing the system :cry:

I know i've only posted once or twice on this site, but I still sign on when I can and read interesting threads. But now I need help.

Where can I buy this Console with the 250 gb hard drive, in NYC? Somewhere close by?
Does anyone work or know a gamestop that has it?
I really would like to avoid buying it online if I can, unless there is a fantastic deal somewhere that I shouldn't miss.

Is this some kind of trick to get me to buy a Kinect? I would really like to avoid buying this controller if I could.

I haven't seen them around either :( Just the 4GB alone.

That being said, I think Best Buy currently has a $40 off the 250gb slim hard drive when you purchase the 4gb Xbox with it. Online it forces you to pick up the 4gb Kinect bundle, but the offer states "includes a 4GB Xbox 360 console OR a 4GB Xbox 360 console with the revolutionary Kinect and an Xbox 360 250GB hard drive. For a limited time, save $40 when you buy any one of the consoles along with the hard drive."

That's about the only way i see :( Not bad though, as it ends up being a few dollars cheaper than a 250gb Xbox itself. You lose the headset and shiney finish though (I use neither, personally)

Edit: The stand alone 4GB is out of stock online, which is probably why it's not showing up for the offer. I would assume they'd offer the same deal in store :)

Thanks guys for the advice, I almost got that best buy deal until I found out that Toys R Us was selling 250 Gb.

I called 10 more gamestops, and a few more best buys. None of them have it or even a plain 4gb Xbox 360.

But for some odd reason, Toys R us has a small mountain of only 250gb xbox 360. And no other Xbox's
Its like everyone donated their xbox 250gbs to Toys R Us :lol:

Last i checked, at 5 PM February 15th. They had about 20 more of these Xbox's left. If anyone wishes to go get these...what has become a rare type of xbox, I would suggest getting them now.
(maybe buy them to sell later)

Edit: The toys r us in Broadway 44th street, Time Square

bread's done
Back