Xbox 360 Slim Bonus Warranty at Microsoft Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabolous

CAGiversary!
So if you buy the new xbox 360 slim at the New Microsoft store in San Diego they give you an extra year under warranty (saves you $50 if you believe in them). :cool:

[quote name='gabolous']So if you buy the new xbox 360 slim at the New Microsoft store in San Diego they give you an extra year under warranty (saves you $50 if you believe in them). :cool:[/QUOTE]

If you call 18004myxbox its 50 for 2 years extra for a total of 3. at least thats what it cost me on my slim

[quote name='gabolous']I'm still waiting to see if I win the Cheapassgamer.com Xbox 360 Slim giveaway![/QUOTE]

Thanks for telling me, I wouldn't have noticed otherwise :p

[quote name='z3razerviper']If you call 18004myxbox its 50 for 2 years extra for a total of 3. at least thats what it cost me on my slim[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming it's worth it? I trust MS (weird I know) more than I do squaretrade....Also, is there a time limit when you have to do this by and is there any issues with getting the extra 2 years if I buy it from Gamestop. Thanks.

I would love to get this under warranty but curious as to what that warranty covers

[quote name='jdktech2010']I'm assuming it's worth it? I trust MS (weird I know) more than I do squaretrade....Also, is there a time limit when you have to do this by and is there any issues with getting the extra 2 years if I buy it from Gamestop. Thanks.

I would love to get this under warranty but curious as to what that warranty covers[/QUOTE]

I'd like some info about this too. I bought my system from Newegg.com, and they sent me an offer for a 2 Year Warranty Extension for $59.99 (which is in addition to the 1 Year Microsoft offers). I'm considering buying it, but would rather pay Microsoft directly to extend my warranty.

FYI the new store blows, looks EXACTLY like the Apple store that's a couple stores down the mall

[quote name='Fighterspledge']Nothing even worth dropping by to look at?[/QUOTE]
They actually have playable Kinect demos at all of the Microsoft Stores right now, so maybe that's worth stopping by.

I have had the ms warranty on all my xboxes and it is well worth it. The best part is they are renewable. So in 2.5 years you can buy another extension etc as long as you do it before the warranty is over. I did this on my origional xbox 1 multiple times. The warranty just expired about 2 weeks ago.

The free extension only applies to the New Microsoft Store for the grand opening. They have a couple of kinect's to test and a free t shirt when play.

[quote name='z3razerviper']I have had the ms warranty on all my xboxes and it is well worth it. The best part is they are renewable. So in 2.5 years you can buy another extension etc as long as you do it before the warranty is over. I did this on my origional xbox 1 multiple times. The warranty just expired about 2 weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

The question really is did you ever use that warranty.
These things are only worth the price of free. Otherwise they aren't a deal at any price. I mean you could say its only $25 a year and i spend more on X so its worth the piece of mind, but the fine print will almost always get you.

[quote name='gabolous']I'm still waiting to see if I win the Cheapassgamer.com Xbox 360 Slim giveaway![/QUOTE]

Lol, thanks for mentioning it:D I was not aware of this contest :bouncy:

i also didn't know about this before, awesome!

is everyone automatically entered, i didn't see any way to join.

[quote name='y2jasper']i also didn't know about this before, awesome!

is everyone automatically entered, i didn't see any way to join.[/QUOTE]

yes.

[quote name='Pig']The question really is did you ever use that warranty.
These things are only worth the price of free. Otherwise they aren't a deal at any price. I mean you could say its only $25 a year and i spend more on X so its worth the piece of mind, but the fine print will almost always get you.[/QUOTE]

Yes I used it twice on my original xbox and once on my original 360. But have not had to use it on my elite. And each time they paid for shipping to and from the via a prepaid box.

My friend bought his elite at Best Buy and got the 3yr warranty there. I'm not sure what it cost, but it was less than $50 for sure, I'm thinking like 29.99. Anyway, everytime his broke, he brings it in, and they give him a new sealed one off the shelf. It seemingly breaks every holiday season like clockwork, and he always gets the new bundle games for free. They don't require him to bring back the box or games with it, just the hardware, controller, and cables. He has like every Lego game because of it for free, LOL. Anyway, long story short, it's cheap, and you get a brand new free one everytime, without having to send away for fixes this way. Just thought I'd point it out.

Do the new slims come with instructions in the box about how to get the extended warranty from Microsoft like the old 360's did, or do you have to call to inquire on your own?

What's the appeal of buying a 360 Slim anyway?

A genuine 60GB HDD with 5 or 6 games installed and every COD map pack is really all you need. Your system runs cool and quiet, helping it to last for many years. This setup is the pinnacle of the Xbox 360 generation.

These kinnect/ slim products seem like they'll just benefit the Chinese, giving them another commodity to export. We the consumer don't get much utility from it.

[quote name='XF Gator']What's the appeal of buying a 360 Slim anyway?

A genuine 60GB HDD with 5 or 6 games installed and every COD map pack is really all you need. Your system runs cool and quiet, helping it to last for many years. This setup is the pinnacle of the Xbox 360 generation.

These kinnect/ slim products seem like they'll just benefit the Chinese, giving them another commodity to export. We the consumer don't get much utility from it.[/QUOTE]

Built In WiFi
Buit in HDD
Smaller Power Brick

Sounds like a PS3 which is good for me.

Lol. MS is offering an extra warranty on their new console? That thing should be rock solid after the crap we went thru on the 360.

Fail MS

[quote name='XF Gator']What's the appeal of buying a 360 Slim anyway?

These kinnect/ slim products seem like they'll just benefit the Chinese, giving them another commodity to export. We the consumer don't get much utility from it.[/QUOTE]

I have over 30GB of dlc alone. However I do aggree this stuff should be made in the USA

[quote name='z3razerviper']I have over 30GB of dlc alone. However I do aggree this stuff should be made in the USA[/QUOTE]
you'll probably sing a different tune when you see an xbox that costs around 500-600 bucks.

[quote name='skubish']Lol. MS is offering an extra warranty on their new console? That thing should be rock solid after the crap we went thru on the 360.

Fail MS[/QUOTE]
:roll:

Just because they offer an extended warranty doesn't mean you need it...

Edit:eek:ther comment not needed - removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shosh']you'll probably sing a different tune when you see an xbox that costs around 500-600 bucks.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty self serving. I'm an engineer, and gear my consumption towards American made products which inherently have a multiplyer effect. Why do you think Germany is an economic powerhouse in 2010? Their people buy their own cars and consumer good with some room for imports in the spirit of free trade.

An economy based on consumption, rather than production, is not sustainable.

The Chinese don't play fair; 7yuan:1dollar pegged currency that makes Chinese goods always lest than a US one, espionage, dumping (selling solar panels for less than production cost), and polluting (nasty red water in Chinese lakes and rivers).

If people chose to ignore this, than there's going to be long term negative consequences. The real winners from 9/11 were the Chinese, because it served as a distraction.

[quote name='XF Gator']That's pretty self serving. I'm an engineer, and gear my consumption towards American made products which inherently have a multiplyer effect. Why do you think Germany is an economic powerhouse in 2010? Their people buy their own cars and consumer good with some room for imports in the spirit of free trade.

An economy based on consumption, rather than production, is not sustainable.

The Chinese don't play fair; 7yuan:1dollar pegged currency that makes Chinese goods always lest than a US one, espionage, dumping (selling solar panels for less than production cost), and polluting (nasty red water in Chinese lakes and rivers).

If people chose to ignore this, than there's going to be long term negative consequences. The real winners from 9/11 were the Chinese, because it served as a distraction.[/QUOTE]
you think youre the only engineer here?
i can't tell you how much we have to work with Taiwanese engineers and how much increasing engineering work is outsourced to outside sources.

if you want to really blame someone, its really the American companies that look for profit rather than quality.

[quote name='shosh']you think youre the only engineer here?
i can't tell you how much we have to work with Taiwanese engineers and how much increasing engineering work is outsourced to outside sources.

if you want to really blame someone, its really the American companies that look for profit rather than quality.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that the spirit of capitalism though? Perhaps we should all ask ourselves if we are willing to work for less, then suddenly the companies wouldn't have to go overseas!!!

[quote name='shosh']you'll probably sing a different tune when you see an xbox that costs around 500-600 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Given the chance I do buy American I am one of the few willing to pay more for it as well. That being said the us is just giving away its wealth to a country that hates us. For some reason buying a US Flag made is china is just wrong.

[quote name='z3razerviper']Given the chance I do buy American I am one of the few willing to pay more for it as well. That being said the us is just giving away its wealth to a country that hates us. For some reason buying a US Flag made is china is just wrong.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you to an extent but the USA isn't giving away its wealth anymore. We are borrowing it AND giving it away.

[quote name='shosh']does the new slims still have the 3 year rrod?[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the new slim cannot "Red Ring". It's been engineered out of the console completely, meaning instead of a Red Ring you get something completely different. And there's no coverage for this new behavior yet, as it is obviously too early to tell the failure rate.

I believe the new error is a flashing green dot now, as I recall reading.

[quote name='lllGurulll']I agree with you to an extent but the USA isn't giving away its wealth anymore. We are borrowing it AND giving it away.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Ain't it the truth, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back