Xbox 360 System Includes 20GB Hard Drive (Refurbished) $199.99 @ Overstock.com

overstock.com is fine. I've ordered a few times from them before with no problems at all.

overstockdealz.com is the shitty one, trying to ride on the reputation/reliability of the original overstock... and apparently, damaging its name in the process.

[quote name='thirtytwoutside']overstock.com is fine. I've ordered a few times from them before with no problems at all.

overstockdealz.com is the shitty one, trying to ride on the reputation/reliability of the original overstock... and apparently, damaging its name in the process.[/quote]

ive never had a problem with either. ODZ doesnt sell the highest quality items, but thats fairly obvious

I think it includes a wireless controller like the picture shows. I'm not sure about the HDMI since nothing is listed.

[quote name='tianxia']I've never ordered from them, but I've heard some pretty crappy things about the site.[/quote]

Overstock.com is an excellent site. Plus, you can pay via PayPal. It does suck that the link doesn't tell you whether or not is has HDMI but at $199, it's hard to complain.

live chat is so unhelpful. i'll post the entire conversation if anyone wants to read it. but i'm going to now try to call them directly to hope for a more helpful response.

EDIT: I called them up and I got a similar ambiguous response ('we don't have the products in front of us'). They told me to e-mail them... lol, the last of the three options

The 'live' chat:

chatinfo.gif
Welcome to Overstock.com's Customer Service Live Chat! You will be joined with a chat representative as quickly as possible. (Less than 2 minutes)
chatinfo.gif
Welcome to Overstock.com Customer Service, you are now chatting with Gilbert.
Gilbert: Thank you for visiting Overstock.com, this is Gilbert. How may I help you today?
you: hi im interested in purchasing the xbox 360 refurbished with 20 gb hdd (http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movi...ive-Refurbished/3079800/product.html#moreinfo)
you: i had a few questions about the product though
you: 1. besides the system itself and hdd, what else will be packaged in the product?
Gilbert: I'll be glad to help you with that today.
you: 2. is this the HDMI version? (a later version of the Xbox 360 pro)
you: 3. and would this be under manufacturer warranty if i experience the infamous red ring of death beyond the 60 days?
Gilbert: I'll be happy to help you with that today.
Gilbert: Just to confirm, are you interested in 'Xbox 360 System Includes 20GB Hard Drive (Refurbished)' for $199.99
Gilbert: *?
you: yes
Gilbert: Thank you for confirming the product.
Gilbert: It also carries a custom ATI graphics processor with 10 MB of embedded DRAM.
Gilbert: It also has HDTV (720p/1080i/1080p) resolutions. The unit has a 12x dual-layer DVD-ROM drive, which plays both the game media and progressive-scan DVD movies right out of the box
you: ya, i could read that on the product description
you: what i meant was does it include a wireless controller
you: and other peripherals not within the xbox 360
you: what wires does it come with
Gilbert: The Xbox 360 can accommodate up to four wireless controllers and has three USB 2.0 slots to use for wired controllers.
Gilbert: However, we don't have the information on the wires.
you: i want to be sure this is the right version before i make the purchase, is there another way of confirming all these extra peripherals and what specific version i would be purchasing?
you: and also, do you mean that this console will not come with a controller, but it can only accommodate up to four controllers?
you: because in the picture there is one controller
Gilbert: Most items ship from our warehouse within 1 to 4 business days and arrive within 5-10 business days from the day they are shipped.
Gilbert: I am sorry. I hit the wrong key.
Gilbert: Well, you'll get the same product as mentioned in the product description.
Gilbert: However, this item has 60 day warranty.
you: if i open the product to test it and discover it's not the version i want, can i return it with full refund?
Gilbert: Sure. You can return it back for full refund. However, I would request you to contact us back if your really wanted to return it. So that we can help you to return back the item with no cost.
you: ok thanks
Gilbert: Please click here to view standard return policy.
Gilbert: I'm happy to help. Do you have other questions I can answer for you?
you: no

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe my expectations are low, but you can't expect a random CSR person chatting with you to know these types of things. For something like the HDMI, I would just assume that the system doesn't have it unless specifically listed somewhere in the product description.

Thanks for posting this, I ordered one, the timing couldn't have been better as I was getting ready to buy one off Ebay but I feel more comfortable getting it from Overstock and I was afraid to order it from OverstockDealz!

bread's done
Back