Xbox 360 system update preview nets you a free copy of Reach (closed)

[quote name='DarkAkri']i i haven't got the email but i can log into the program on the website and it says
"Welcome to the Xbox LIVE Update Program!

We are looking forward to your active participation in the program and hope that you will check back in here on a regular basis to stay informed and involved with the latest updates happening in the program. To access the latest information available for the program click on the links in the left-hand navigation bar or the specific content links below. "

so even if you don't have a e-mail try to log in :D[/QUOTE]

On that same page, on the left hand side, click on Xbox Live Update Home, and it will tell you what "update audience" you are in. It tells me I am in the one with the Halo: Reach disc.

Basically, when you are on the main page, it should tell you if you got accepted or not

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you guys think the disc they'll be sending is the full game with multiplayer?
and are we going to be able to play it after the update preview is over?? hmm

[quote name='DarkAkri']i i haven't got the email but i can log into the program on the website and it says
"Welcome to the Xbox LIVE Update Program!

We are looking forward to your active participation in the program and hope that you will check back in here on a regular basis to stay informed and involved with the latest updates happening in the program. To access the latest information available for the program click on the links in the left-hand navigation bar or the specific content links below. "

so even if you don't have a e-mail try to log in :D[/QUOTE]

where are you seeing all that? I still just see "Pending ?"

[quote name='Cheddahz']On that same page, on the left hand side, click on Xbox Live Update Home, and it will tell you what "update audience" you are in. It tells me I am in the one with the Halo: Reach disc.[/QUOTE]

yeah mine says

i'm in the disc group aswell..

[quote name='The 7th Number']Page Not Found

The content that you requested cannot be found or you do not have permission to view it.

:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]

Hmm....maybe only people they have been accepted can view this page

my sister got in, who has had her xbox for only a few months. i had my xbox for 3-4 years, been a part of other beta update previews, and didnt get in. Oh well. :(

maybe it has to do with people who have new slim models? i still have an old white one.

[quote name='DarkAkri']yeah mine says

YOU are in the Xbox Disc Update Audience
[/QUOTE]

I'd highly suggest you edit out all the information about the groups. That contract for non-disclosure was written in very readable terms, meaning they'll likely enforce it.

Also, got in! fuck yeah!
Haven't gotten email yet, though, but still. Also, in the group I'd rather be in.

Says I'm in now. Don't know if clearing all my cookies helped show the updated status or not, but its there.

YOU are in the Xbox LIVE Update Audience
· Xbox LIVE Update – The updates will be released via the LIVE service and will work with the Halo Reach disc that we are providing.
· Xbox DISC Update – The initial update will be taken directly via the Halo Reach DISC that we are providing.

[quote name='Cheddahz']When you click on "Xbox Live Update Home" on the left side of this page (https://connect.microsoft.com/XboxLIVEUpdate/Preview). It will tell you what "update audience" you are in. It tells me I am in the Disc Audience, so I guess that means I got accepted[/QUOTE]

Did not see that, but it looks like I got in. Got a "Welcome to the Xbox LIVE Update Program" when I clicked the link.

aww snap, i went back to that page and now it says im in. Guess they are still updating the connect site too. So if you dont think you are in, maybe they didnt update it yet. YES :D

I keep getting an error when I click on the link:

icon_err.gif
The Windows Live Network is unavailable from this site for one of the following reasons:
  • This site may be experiencing a problem
  • The site may not be a member of the Windows Live Network
You can:

• You can sign in or sign up at other sites on the Windows Live Network, or try again later at this site.
EDIT: Never mind - must have been a Firefox thing. I just tried with IE and I got in! Woo hoo!!!

[quote name='nypickle']Says I'm in now. Don't know if clearing all my cookies helped show the updated status or not, but its there.

...[/QUOTE]
Again, I'd suggest you guys not even post the way the program is working. It may not seem like much, but MS can hit hard when there's a problem.

Hehehe, remember when Halo 3 was leaked? XD

I'm in the Live update audience.

I wonder what the big difference is, as both are said to utilize the Reach disc.

Just got an email saying I didn't get in. Not sure why, I've gotten in to every other previous beta. I think this may be the first one with my S model though, maybe that has something to do with it? Oh well, I have a new 360 coming soon so it may be a moot point anyway.

It doesn't say anything on the Dashboard on the site, but when I go into the directory I find this:

Xbox LIVE Update LIVE Update Preview Quit Suggestions Secure 1/7/2011

What does that mean?

[quote name='blinkFRO']It doesn't say anything on the Dashboard on the site, but when I go into the directory I find this:

Xbox LIVE Update LIVE Update Preview Quit Suggestions Secure 1/7/2011

What does that mean?[/QUOTE]

you're in. If you click the "quit" it'll ask you if you dont want to be in it anymore

[quote name='jimrome27']you're in. If you click the "quit" it'll ask you if you dont want to be in it anymore[/QUOTE]

Haha thanks

[quote name='louiedog']Just got an email saying I didn't get in. Not sure why, I've gotten in to every other previous beta. I think this may be the first one with my S model though, maybe that has something to do with it? Oh well, I have a new 360 coming soon so it may be a moot point anyway.[/QUOTE]

I dont think the S model matters, I was in all the previous betas as well and this is the first one since I got my Slim and I was accepted. Also it always says that Gold members get first priority, I always get in with just a free Silver account though.

I did not get in. Which sucks, cause I don't have Halo Reach yet. Meanwhile I'm reading posts around the 'Net from people who got in that are now flipping their spare copies of Halo Reach for cash.

Sucks...

bread's done
Back