Xbox 360 Unreadable Disc Error for All Games

ragtop70

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
This system has already had the RROD repair and had the DVD drive replaced by MS, and now it won't read discs. I sold this Xbox to my brother after I'd already paid to have the first two problems fixed. It was working fine for him, but when I found out he had it turned on the end, I told him to lay it flat. It immediately got the "Unreadable Disc" error. Same message for all games and same message when he put it back on its end. I saw on YouTube that smacking the top of the console might temporarily fix it, but it didn't work. I've also seen a video of a guy opening the DVD drive and turning a brass screw to fix it. Does anyone know if this works? Also, the last console I opened was an original Xbox. Even though the console isn't working, I'm kind of affraid of tearing into it. Are the insides significantly more complex? Does anyone know where to buy a reliable replacement drive? I've seen some on Ebay, but you never know with Ebay. Thanks for any help or advice.

Take it to gamestop and get 60% TIV when you trade it for an xbox one. Your brother will really love you.

#swagassbrother

bread's done
Back