Xbox 360 Warranty now 1 year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptPete

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Sort-of a deal, if you've got, or are looking to buy a 360 (thanks to joystiq for the links!).

As of yesterday, the Xbox 360 warranty is now 1 year _and_ they're refunding repair charges if you paid to have your system fixed.

Here's the press release:

http://prnewswire.com/news/index_mail.shtml?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/12-22-2006/0004496011&EDATE=

And here's the new warranty:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemsetup/xbox360/resources/warranty.htm

So how many of you (like me) bought a 360 from Gamestop around Thanksgiving and got the deal with the 1-year protection plan? Think that there's any chance that I could exchange it for something useful (say, a game!), or if they'll extend the coverage? Or is it now just a worthless piece of paper?

Nice, i just bought one. I was thinking about spending the $60 to get the microsoft 2 year plan becuase of all the horror stories. Now i dont think it would be worth it .

I just got my 360 a couple weeks ago. If I get the extended from MS will it stack on this or run concurrently?

Edit: Answered my own question here. It extends the 90 day, so I would assume it extends the new 1 year. Interestingly the one you can print out is $39.90 for two years while the one that came in the box was $59.90/$49.90 with CC. I'll be printing out the online one.

Edit2: Damn, I wonder if they'll enforce the 10-day thing. I'm just out of the time and it can't be mailed until Tuesday. Even if I lied about the date they'd know when I migrated my Live account over anyway.

I just got mine back from repair. You got to wonder about the only system that warranty repair is part of the buying decision though. Does not seem to be part of the equation for Wii or PS3.

[quote name='contej85']This pisses me off since I actually paid for the EB year warranty, and now feel quite ripped off.[/quote]
Well, if its any consolation, at least you can just drive to EB, theres no shipping turn around.

I can't find the Inf right now but I read last night that the Wii and PS3 will also be a year to match the xbox 360

[quote name='stargun']I can't find the Inf right now but I read last night that the Wii and PS3 will also be a year to match the xbox 360[/quote] Wii is a year plus an extra three months if you register your console at nintendo.com. That's 15 months out of the box. Pretty nice deal.

Thanks for the information, OP. This makes me less nervous about picking up a 360. =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back