Xbox 360 wireless controllers $39 shipped and other 360 deals at Computers4Sure

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Computers4SURE (an Office Depot company) has the Xbox 360 wireless controllers for $39 each.
You get free shipping when you spend $50, so if you order two (or find some other filler), you are good to go.
Sales tax applies only to shipping addresses located in AA, CA, CT, DC, FL, HI, KS, LA, MA, MD, MS, NC, NE, RI, SD, TN, WI.
Cheap Ass Gamer Link

Most of their games/accessories are at least $5 below MSRP as well. You can use them to get your order to $50 and get free shipping.

Highlights (thanks, Msut77!)
:
Silver faceplate $16 ($20 MSRP)
Hot-Rod faceplate $16
($20 MSRP)
64MB Memory Card $31 ($40 MSRP)
PDZ - Regular $45 ($50 MSRP)
PDZ - Collector's Editon $54 ($60 MSRP)
Xbox Live 3 Month Kit $33 ($40 MSRP: 3 month XBL Gold membership; XBL Arcade game: Joust; Xbox 360 Headset; $10 Xbox 360 Game Rebate Coupon; 100 Microsoft Points)
Xbox Live 12 Month Kit $58 ($70 MSRP: 12 month XBL Gold membership; XBL Arcade game: Bankshot Billiards; Xbox 360 Headset; $20 Xbox 360 Game Rebate Coupon; 200 Microsoft Points)
Logitech Harmony 360 Remote $93 - $30 rebate = $63 (MSRP $130)

[quote name='RoadDogg']Just a guess hear but you ordered the Hot Rod faceplate thinking it would look like the one in the picture? The Hot Rod faceplate is suppose to be blue and kind of look like a painted car. The one they are using a picture of is the infuego one (or something along those lines) and wasnt even released yet. So to be fair you didnt really get the wrong product, you just ordered the wrong one because they had the wrong picture up.[/QUOTE]

They had the wrong pic up. And when I think of a hotrod paintjob I think of those flames on the side.

[quote name='cag1000']I have a core system so I did not get the HDTV hook ups that came with the premium. Is that VGA adapter listed above the one that comes with the premium system? So if I want HD I need those right? What else did the premium come with in regards to cables that the core did not?[/QUOTE]

The Premium system did not come with VGA cables. It only came with (I think) the HD Advanced cable, which is component video.

So, if you want HD on a HD TV Set, get the HD Adv pack.
If you want HD on a computer monitor, get the VGA cables.

[quote name='jaa1311']it is indeed the 360 live kit, just got mine in yesterday after ups missorted it![/QUOTE]

Ordering right now :)

[quote name='Zimmy']Word of warning on the 12 Month starter pack.
If you are in the current free Gold month you got with your Xbox360, you may want to wait to activate the starter pack until the end.
I mistakenly thought the starter pack would attach to the end of the free sub, but noooo.
It just acts like you are signing up for the first time.

Oh well, cool package though. It is an amazing deal if you consider the Pool game is $20, then on top of that, the $20 rebate for a game I was going to buy anyway.[/QUOTE]
So what happened to your month trial? Had to change GTs?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']So what happened to your month trial? Had to change GTs?[/QUOTE]

I think what he means is that instead of adding the 12 months to the free month for a total of 13 months is just over rode the free moth leaving him with 12 months and a wasted free month.

[quote name='Zimmy']The Premium system did not come with VGA cables. It only came with (I think) the HD Advanced cable, which is component video.

So, if you want HD on a HD TV Set, get the HD Adv pack.
If you want HD on a computer monitor, get the VGA cables.[/QUOTE]

Yep, and keep in mind that a VGA monitor is actually superior to an HDTV in many ways. Price, image quality, and versatility (your monitor will support every HD resolution currently available, a trick only the most expensive HDTVs support). Also great if your HDTV has VGA in, because the signal degrades less in VGA cables than component cables (the only real advantage to component cables is they can be run over long distances without significant decay in signal, VGA and DVI cant), but that's just being nitpicky.

edit: if you really want to geek out, you can go ahead and set up your 360 by your PC next to your expensive large LCD or CRT monitor, and hook up a USB KVM so that at the touch of a button, your monitor, keyboard, and wired Xbox 360 controller toggle between your 360 and PC, saving lots of space, and leaving your wired controller available at all times for PC gaming sessions and having a keyboard available for text input for games on Live and labeling game saves.

[quote name='RoadDogg']I think what he means is that instead of adding the 12 months to the free month for a total of 13 months is just over rode the free moth leaving him with 12 months and a wasted free month.[/QUOTE]

Yes. I think even though I had all the benefits of a Gold membership for that month, I was still classified as "Silver".

Ordered the 12 month Live kit, received it 3 days later in perfect, as-listed shape.

Liked this deal so much, went back and dropped $92 for that remote. Hooray for spending!

[quote name='cag1000']saw the wireless controllers in Target today for 37.77[/QUOTE]

that deal wasn't at my target....so fyi its YMMV

Actually, while the VGA Cable is indeed great, it has been discovered that it does not support the 1080i resolution. Whether this is the fault of the system or the cable itself, 720p or some monitor-type resolutions (that are not 1080i) are the best you can do. it's still totally worth buying, but kind of a drag that they misrepresent its abilities.

[quote name='Msut77']I got a problem. They sent me the wrong faceplate. The policy says they wont accept returns for it and now they are ignoring me.[/QUOTE]

Policy nothing. Introduce them to the wonders of the disputed charge.

[quote name='gkrykewy']It looks like there's no longer free shipping on the controllers.[/QUOTE]Free shipping when you spend $50 as it states in the 1st post ;)

[quote name='CheapyD']Free shipping when you spend $50 as it states in the 1st post ;)[/QUOTE]

My mistake! I saw that, but I noticed that those specific items do not have the free shipping icon - I thought that meant they're no longer part of the 'free when over $50' group. But the free shipping option appears in the cart when the order total is more than $50.

360 Wireless controller for $38.95 from Amazon shipped through Office Depot :

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000B6MLUA/qid=1138005132/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_unbuck_1/002-9360453-8287245?v=glance&s=videogames&n=1000

They also have the play and charge kit for a couple bucks cheaper at $17.95 :

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000B6MLS2/qid=1138005276/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_unbuck_1/002-9360453-8287245?v=glance&s=videogames&n=1000

Apologies if this is a repost. Found the deal on slickdeals.

Note that shipping almost kills the deal, but I know some of you probably have Amazon credit sitting around, so I figured it was worth posting.

[quote name='moojuice']If I buy the Live kits now, can I save them for later...like say 3 or 4 months later?[/QUOTE]
Yep. They don't expire, even when they have a date printed on them.

Can you use the Gold Starter kit even if you're already a subscriber? Or do you have to make a new gamertag. If that's the case, then I'll pass.

bread's done
Back