Xbox 360 wireless n networking adapter 82.99 at ebay

If you've got a supported router lying around, it'd be better/cheaper to convert it into a wireless bridge by loading dd-wrt firmware on it. I've got a Linksys somewhere that I'm going to use for my X360 and new Blu-ray player so I don't have to run a pair of Cat5 cables into the next room where the router is.

Its a decent deal, not earthshattering but if you need it I can see how this could be the place to go. As Dirk said though, just using a router and such would be much better and cost effective.

[quote name='DirkBelig']If you've got a supported router lying around, it'd be better/cheaper to convert it into a wireless bridge by loading dd-wrt firmware on it. I've got a Linksys somewhere that I'm going to use for my X360 and new Blu-ray player so I don't have to run a pair of Cat5 cables into the next room where the router is.[/QUOTE]

This is what I'm running my 360 with. It works wonderfully. It took a couple of hours to get it setup and working right but it was worth the trouble to save $80 which I'm sure most CAG's could agree with.

[quote name='jsmoove05']Whats the big difference between this one and the regular white one?[/QUOTE]

White only does B/G -- Black does N

If you don't have a router that supports N then this is worthless to you.

If you do have a router that supports N then this may give you a better signal and more range -- though don't expect a speed increase unless you are streaming over your own network (i.e. music / video from a networked PC).

[quote name='daminion']White only does B/G -- Black does N

If you don't have a router that supports N then this is worthless to you.

If you do have a router that supports N then this may give you a better signal and more range -- though don't expect a speed increase unless you are streaming over your own network (i.e. music / video from a networked PC).[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind there's a black version of the regular one as well.

[quote name='cheapassian']Keep in mind there's a black version of the regular one as well.[/QUOTE]

There is? I have never seen one and have been looking for one for my Elite ever since I purchased it.

Wow, Amazon had the old one (non-N) for $62 not long ago, but it seems they've run out and it's now back up to full price (they are shipping them from Target of all places!)

But yeah, not a bad price on the N one for $80. Though I believe before this price match Amazon was still offering them for ~$83-84, so it's not a huge discount.

love everyone saying use an old router...this is for the "n" version not the "g". now i guess if you have an n bridge around you could use that.

Picked one up for $79.99 at Walmart the other day. $83 on their website right now. Moved my xbox downstairs and streams netflix great.

bread's done
Back