Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter - $69.29 Shipped w/ECA, $76.99 w/out

[quote name='Reiniku']Wireless deal came just in time! I *just* came into need of one of these about... 30 minutes ago.[/QUOTE]

ECA appears to work with this, so I've updated the thread title.

Decent deal and well worth the purchase. I got mine for about $50 used. Setup is fairly simple and it's EXTREMELY fast for a wireless device. I can't recall any time that I've had noticeable lag issues. The built-in wireless on my PS3 is a different story, however ;) (and by different story, I mean that it's terrible).

[quote name='morphineseason']Decent deal and well worth the purchase. I got mine for about $50 used. Setup is fairly simple and it's EXTREMELY fast for a wireless device. I can't recall any time that I've had noticeable lag issues. The built-in wireless on my PS3 is a different story, however ;) (and by different story, I mean that it's terrible).[/QUOTE]
Yeah, seemed like an okay deal, but ultimately couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger.

This is the first I've seen of Amazon dropping price to the $70s, so hoping there are further drops around the corner.

Really, not that great a deal at all.

In actuality, the Microsoft Xbox 360 adapter is a waste of money. I own one of the ones from the original Xbox, and while it works fine, I really regret that I didn't realize that I could have gotten an alternative at a third of the price.

For instance, this adapter from NewEgg is $15 less than this "deal". And this one, from eCOST.com, is $20 cheaper, shipped. A quick Google search of "wireless gaming adapter" reveals many other cheaper possibilities. I would really recommend not wasting your money on Microsoft's first party adapter- it's overpriced, and just isn't notably better.

[quote name='RedSoxFaithful']Really, not that great a deal at all.

In actuality, the Microsoft Xbox 360 adapter is a waste of money. I own one of the ones from the original Xbox, and while it works fine, I really regret that I didn't realize that I could have gotten an alternative at a third of the price.

For instance, this adapter from NewEgg is $15 less than this "deal". And this one, from eCOST.com, is $20 cheaper, shipped. A quick Google search of "wireless gaming adapter" reveals many other cheaper possibilities. I would really recommend not wasting your money on Microsoft's first party adapter- it's overpriced, and just isn't notably better.[/QUOTE]

What? The next thing you are going to tell me this Monster HDMI cable I paid $150 for is the same thing I can get from Monoprice.com for under $5:lol:.

Why do people insist on putting the price after ECA discount in the title? We know it works on accessories and know how much 10% is. It's kind of unnecessary and feels like a way to try and get people more psyched for a deal.

[quote name='RedSoxFaithful']Really, not that great a deal at all.

For instance, this adapter from NewEgg is $15 less than this "deal". And this one, from eCOST.com, is $20 cheaper, shipped. A quick Google search of "wireless gaming adapter" reveals many other cheaper possibilities. I would really recommend not wasting your money on Microsoft's first party adapter- it's overpriced, and just isn't notably better.[/QUOTE]

I myself use a Linksys WET610N (wireless ethernet bridge) with my 360. I still consider the Microsoft adapter a good product for most. If you buy one and don't need it later on, you can always resell it for $60-80. They always go quickly on Craigslist. The wireless bridges and non-Microsoft gaming adapters are indeed more versatile, but they don't resell as easily.

People should know there are alternatives like that Trendnet for less money, or the Linksys I picked up for a little more. My Linksys even offers wireless N... though I am still using wireless G. If you get a bridge, you can also hook it up to a switch or another router and use it with other devices.

If you just want the Microsoft adapter, anything under $80 is a good deal.

One thing that the Microsoft one going for it is you can easily edit your network settings in the dashboard. Bridges are more flexible, but ease of setup varies from product to product.

bread's done
Back