Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter A/B/G & N Networks

wingzero16

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I was thinking about getting my brother-in-law the wireless connection for his 360 i was wondering if anyone has any stories about how long they work, ease of connectivity, trouble with the device or know a better wireless connection. I'm a playstation guy so have no idea about xbox. Thanks for any advice given. New to CAG so don't know if this is the right place to post it.

The USB-connected MS-branded 360 adapter is the most expensive way to do it, though it's the easiest way to do it. It makes the 360 as easy to connect to your wireless network as a PC would be.

The other option would be an Ethernet-to-wireless bridge, where you'd connect your 360's Ethernet port to the bridge, which is connected to your wireless network. The bridge would take a little more work to get connected to your network, though it'll be less money to get one.

Usually, the MS-branded wireless adapter is in the $70-$80 range and Ethernet-to-wireless bridges are usually available for $40 or less, depending if you catch them on sale or not.

[quote name='shrike4242']The USB-connected MS-branded 360 adapter is the most expensive way to do it, though it's the easiest way to do it. It makes the 360 as easy to connect to your wireless network as a PC would be.

The other option would be an Ethernet-to-wireless bridge, where you'd connect your 360's Ethernet port to the bridge, which is connected to your wireless network. The bridge would take a little more work to get connected to your network, though it'll be less money to get one.

Usually, the MS-branded wireless adapter is in the $70-$80 range and Ethernet-to-wireless bridges are usually available for $40 or less, depending if you catch them on sale or not.[/QUOTE]

Thanks yeah amazon has the ABG and N adapter for 55$ and the old one for damn near 65-70. Think i'm order it since its sitting at 54.99 on amazon right now its the cheapest I found. its 70 at Gamestop and other B & M stores.

this is kinda related to whats being discussed here. Say I have a xbox 360(old model w/o built in wireless), and I have wifi through out the house. My PC connects to the web using a usb adapter that picks up the wireless signal. I have a linksys router flashed with ddwrt that isnt currently being used. If I want to get the xbox online, what do I do? connect the xbox to my PC's ethernet port, or do I connect the routert to the PCs ethernet, then the Xbox to the router?

xbox wireless 49.99 at amazon. got it for 5 dollars more :( but i'll take the 5 dollar lost ain't much. thanks for the advice. now i just got to figure out if i should get him a xbox live card or not

bread's done
Back